Windows 10: How can I enable cross-platform playing with Minecraft PC on Windows 10

Discus and support How can I enable cross-platform playing with Minecraft PC on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We purchased Minecraft for Windows 10. Players are supposed to be able to play with players from other platforms. In Minecraft I click "Manage who can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HorizonEntity, Oct 17, 2020.

1. How can I enable cross-platform playing with Minecraft PC on Windows 10

We purchased Minecraft for Windows 10. Players are supposed to be able to play with players from other platforms. In Minecraft I click "Manage who can send you invites." This opens the following support page:

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/help/family-online-safety/online-safety/manage-app-privacy-settings-xbox-one

On that page it says "Note To play Minecraft Realms, you need to set the You can play with people outside of Xbox Live, You can create and join clubs, and You can join multiplayer games safety settings to Allow. You can update these settings on the Privacy & online safety page for your account."

Then, when you click "Privacy & online safety" it brings up THE EXACT. SAME. SUPPORT PAGE. WHY. Why in the world would that link not actually open your Privacy & online safety settings????? Why does the link simply open a new tab of the same page? This is counter intuitive and makes absolutely no sense.

So please, please, please, can ANYONE explain in detail, step-by-step, how to access the "Privacy & online safety" settings for the account or what else needs to be done so that my son can play Micecraft with his friends on other platforms.

2 adults have spent over an hour trying to get this figured out, but we both get stuck in this loop of support pages that are 100% unhelpful.

Doesn't anyone else want to play with friends on other platforms from a Windows 10 version of Minecraft on PC? Why is this so complicated? I've tried logging into the microsoft account on 3 different web browsers, I've tried accessing it through the X box app on this computer, and his dad tried logging in on an actual X box to access these settings.

All the kid wants to do is play Minecraft with friends from his PC. PLEASE explain this to me.

:)

HorizonEntity, Oct 17, 2020

2. Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Cross Platform HELP!

Last paragraph of this article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/...0-edition-beta

Cross platform play is currently available between Minecraft: Windows 10 edition and Minecraft Pocket Edition, but it looks like only if you're on the same LAN connection:
    http://news.xbox.com/2015/09/games-m...edition-update

As for having to have Xbox Live...well, on the 360, in order to play any online multiplayer, you have to have Xbox Live Gold. It's been that way since the beginning.

blackroseMD1, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Minecraft cross platform

Is the cross platform now available for Minecraft windows ten and xbox one? if so is it as simple as putting minecraft on my computer and signing in with xbox live?

Moved fromHow can I enable cross-platform playing with Minecraft PC on Windows 10 :( Windows / Windows 10 / Microsoft Store )

NickGiordano1, Oct 17, 2020
  4. How can I enable cross-platform playing with Minecraft PC on Windows 10

Having problems signing into Minecraft in order to play cross platform.

Having problems signing into Minecraft inorder to play cross platform.

Need help soon

OmarSandoval3, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

How can I enable cross-platform playing with Minecraft PC on Windows 10

1. How can I enable cross-platform playing with Minecraft PC on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - enable cross platform

2. Unable to link Nintendo Switch and Windows 10 PC to allow cross platform Minecraft play.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to link Nintendo Switch and Windows 10 PC to allow cross platform Minecraft play.: Tried so many times to link my son's Nintendo Switch to my Windows 10 laptop so we can both play Minecraft but am constantly unable to, I think it went wrong when I initially created the Microsoft profiles from the same device my laptop, so basically, we have never been able...
  3. Minecraft Cross Platform

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Cross Platform: Hello I am having an issue where my friend and I have friended each other on the Minecraft Windows 10 edition, however he is playing on PS4 and I am playing on PC, while another friend of mine is also playing on PS4. The issue is that I cannot find the world, whenever I...
  4. Cross platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cross platform: It is not letting me play with a ps4 player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cross-platform/b3c075e5-13ad-41ae-80ef-a5e9f995a827
  5. Minecraft Cross platform PC-PS4

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Cross platform PC-PS4: If I buy minecraft from the microsoft store on windows 10, would i need an xbox live subscription to play it online or would i have to buy a subscription as well?...
  6. minecraft cross platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft cross platform: when i hit find cross platform friends it says you cant add friends bc of how your microsoft account is set up how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-cross-platform/3bfc842e-4e17-4a1c-a03c-4bdf796361dd
  7. Minecraft cross-platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft cross-platform: I am trying to join my friends who are on various platforms on minecraft but an error message pops up reading: 'You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up. Review and change your privacy settings at aka.ms/accountsettings' I have been...
  8. How to play minecraft on ps4 cross platform

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to play minecraft on ps4 cross platform: How to play minecraft on ps4 with friend on pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-play-minecraft-on-ps4-cross-platform/1804e09c-3ef0-4b96-8543-784e9f88d1b1"
  9. Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Cross Platform HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Cross Platform HELP!: Hello all! I have been looking everywhere for answers to these questions already, but I just can't find ANYTHING about them, so please help! Can I play on my Windows 10 edition of Minecraft with my friend, who's on an Xbox 360 version? (On his Xbox 360) Because I've only...
  10. cross-platform play questions

in Windows 10 Support
    cross-platform play questions: I do not own an Xbox one or an Xbox 360, but my friend has an Xbox 360 and I have a windows 10 gaming PC. I was able to add him as a friend and send messages, but I see that a number of games do not show up in the windows 10 or Xbox one section of the store through the Xbox...