Windows 10: How can I enable dragging of Maximized windows? Few others..

Discus and support How can I enable dragging of Maximized windows? Few others.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In windows 7, I could drag maximized windows between monitors without having to resize them. How do I enable this with Windows 10? I do not use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tanerian, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Tanerian Win User

How can I enable dragging of Maximized windows? Few others..

In windows 7, I could drag maximized windows between monitors without having to resize them. How do I enable this with Windows 10?

I do not use Windows snap, nor do I want to what-so-ever. Disabling it was the very first thing I had to do before I lost my mind. How frustrating it was.

Also, is there a way to change the color of the drag area on windows/folders? For example the area where I'd click to drag a firefox window is the same color as everything else. In windows 7, it was blue, while the file/edit and tab areas were grey.

And finally, is there a way to enable the re-arranging of items on my taskbar, if they are the same program?
    For example if I have 3 firefox windows open (not in tabs), and I want to put them in a certain order on my task bar, is this possible?

:)

Tanerian, Sep 28, 2015
  2. Nova9922 Win User

window drag to maximize and screen split are not working

when I drag a window to the top of the screen it doesn't maximize

and when I drag it to the left or right side the screen wont split

how can I enable this feature ?

Nova9922, Sep 28, 2015
  3. VENTO_off Win User
    Can't maximizi or minimize windows

I installed Windows 10 Pro and I have a trouble.

When I drag any window to the top of my screen it doesn't maximize. Also when the window is maximized and I if drag this windows - it doesn't maximize.

How can I fix my problem? Thank you in advance.

VENTO_off, Sep 28, 2015
  4. Tanerian Win User

Still looking to resolve this =(

Tanerian, Sep 28, 2015
Thema:

1. How can I enable dragging of Maximized windows? Few others.. - Similar Threads - enable dragging Maximized

2. Cannot drag a maximized window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot drag a maximized window: Hello all, I bought a new mouse, and as soon as I use the new mouse I am unable to pick up a window and drag over to my second screen... it stops at the edge of the screen in the middle when the mouse cursor gets there. I have to pick up the window on the other window with my...
  3. Cannot drag a maximized window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot drag a maximized window: Hello all, I bought a new mouse, and as soon as I use the new mouse I am unable to pick up a window and drag over to my second screen... it stops at the edge of the screen in the middle when the mouse cursor gets there. I have to pick up the window on the other window with my...
  4. Cannot drag a maximized window

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dragging a window maximizes it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dragging a window maximizes it: I’m having an issue using windows 10 where when I try and drag a window it automatically maximizes with a green number 1. I’ve found threads with same issue and tried disabling the “prevent windows” option in ease of access but I want the sizing hot keys and options. Is there...
  6. Drag window when its maximized - How does it gets changed

Drag window when its maximized - How does it gets changed: This fixes it so you can drag your window when it gets maximized. windows 10 1. Open Control Panel 2. Go To Ease Of Access 3. Go To Mouse Settings (Pointer settings) 4. Check Or Uncheck "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen"...
  7. Drag window to maximize/restore size

Drag window to maximize/restore size: On my win10pro workstation I'm able to drag a window to the top of the screen to maximize it. In the same way, I can drag it down to restore it. I really like this feature and it has become my go to way of maximizing/restoring windows. Now to the problem. This feature is...
  8. Would like to reconfigure window dragging to drag when maximized.

in Windows 10 Support
    Would like to reconfigure window dragging to drag when maximized.: Hello folks. I have a new install of W10 and would like to set up the window dragging to drag when the window is maximized. It was the default setting on W7 but not W10. In W7, not only could I drag the window while it was maximized, if I just grabbed the title bar and moved...
  9. How Can I Maximize Internet Speed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Can I Maximize Internet Speed?: I got Windows 10 Home edition. How can I maximize internet speed? 61081
  10. Enable or Disable Maximized Window Dragging in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Maximized Window Dragging in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Maximized Window Dragging in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Dragging Maximized Windows in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, you can drag a maximized window from its title bar to restore down or move to another display. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable window drag to arrange

2. cant drag maximized windows between monitors windows 7

3. how can i enable dragging of maximized windows?

4. how to drag windows while maximized in windows 10