Windows 10: How can I enable "extend volume"?

Discus and support How can I enable "extend volume"? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I enable "extend volume" for C: partition? I already opened it as an administrator, I have unallocated space 14.35GB and the C: is NTFS.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VDeus, Jan 23, 2023.

1. VDeus Win User

How can I enable "extend volume"?

How can I enable "extend volume" for C: partition? I already opened it as an administrator, I have unallocated space 14.35GB and the C: is NTFS.

:)

VDeus, Jan 23, 2023

2. How to extend OS drive volume in Windows 10.?

, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu

I want to extend so your answer is really frustrating ans. I want to extend so why should i shrink and select extend? Extend option is already Dim or unavailable?

Amjad Ali (amjad.ali), Jan 23, 2023
  3. Jizzler Win User
    Extending volume problems

Looks like you'll need to go dynamic.

Jizzler, Jan 23, 2023
  4. How can I enable "extend volume"?

Extend Volume in disk managment not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to follow the exact steps mentioned below and check if you are able to perform the action.

• Run Disk Management. Open Run Command (Windows button +R) a dialog box will open and type "diskmgmt.msc".

• In the Disk Management screen, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu

• Locate your system partition — that’s probably the C: partition. Right-click on it and select “Shrink Volume.” If you have multiple partitions on your hard drive, you could also choose to resize a different partition to free up
      space.
    Check if it helps.

Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 23, 2023
Thema:

How can I enable "extend volume"?

1. How can I enable "extend volume"? - Similar Threads - enable extend volume

2. Can not extend C volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not extend C volume: After having cloned my original SSD 250GB to my new one 1TB i can not extend the C volume. the extend volume button is greyed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-extend-c-volume/34a94ca2-2de2-4b91-aa9f-03abbbbe44d4
  3. Can not extend C volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not extend C volume: After having cloned my original SSD 250GB to my new one 1TB i can not extend the C volume. the extend volume button is greyed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-extend-c-volume/34a94ca2-2de2-4b91-aa9f-03abbbbe44d4
  4. Can not extend C volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How can I extend windows volume?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I extend windows volume?: Hello,I have Windows 10 Pro N. I want to extend windows volume I have allocated space but the option for extend is grayed out.Please help me extending windows volume....
  6. How can I extend windows volume?

How can I extend windows volume?: Hello,I have Windows 10 Pro N. I want to extend windows volume I have allocated space but the option for extend is grayed out.Please help me extending windows volume....
  7. How can I extend windows volume?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How can I enable "extend volume"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I enable "extend volume"?: How can I enable "extend volume" for C: partition? I already opened it as an administrator, I have unallocated space 14.35GB and the C: is NTFS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-enable-extend-volume/bd99c6dd-fd5d-4f72-8c7e-c0164c14faee
  9. How can I enable "extend volume"?

How can I enable "extend volume"?: How can I enable "extend volume" for C: partition? I already opened it as an administrator, I have unallocated space 14.35GB and the C: is NTFS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-enable-extend-volume/bd99c6dd-fd5d-4f72-8c7e-c0164c14faee
  10. How can I extend the main volume of my disk?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I extend the main volume of my disk?: I was dual-booting Ubuntu with Windows 10, but decided I no longer want Ubuntu on my SSD. I've deleted the contents of the partition, but I can't figure out how to extend the main partition to consume the extra unallocated space that was left behind after deleting the...