Windows 10: How can I enable game bar overlays for full screen games?

Discus and support How can I enable game bar overlays for full screen games? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I’m extremely distraught after I spent months getting used to using a custom crosshair on my games. I have to run most of what I play on full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Grant steele, Nov 29, 2023.

1. How can I enable game bar overlays for full screen games?

So I’m extremely distraught after I spent months getting used to using a custom crosshair on my games. I have to run most of what I play on full screen. I have been using the game bar to provide overlay to see who is talking in party’s as well as my crosshair. Out of no where it just stops working. None of my click through widgets will work with anything on full screen anymore. I have gotten it to work once since then with apex and valorant but fortnite just will not work. Everything is updated I feel like I’ve tried everything. I’ve searched for hours for an answer. All I could find was fixed

:)

Grant steele, Nov 29, 2023
  2. Alx181 Win User

Xbox Game Bar doesn't show FPS

Xbox Game Bar not displaying FPS information despite trying various troubleshooting steps. While the Xbox Game Bar is designed to work on Windows 10 Home as well, it's possible that certain settings or configurations are causing the issue. Here are some additional steps you can try:

Check Game Bar Settings:

• Open the Xbox Game Bar by pressing Win + G.
    • Click on the settings (gear) icon in the Game Bar overlay.
    • Ensure that the "Performance" overlay is enabled. You can toggle it on here.
    Check Graphics Card Compatibility:

• Make sure that your graphics card is compatible with the Xbox Game Bar's performance overlay features. Check the manufacturer's documentation for compatibility information.
    Create a New Local User Account:

• Since you mentioned that you don't have the "Local Users and Groups" feature available on Windows 10 Home, you can try creating a new local user account and see if the Game Bar functions properly there.
    Use Registry Editor (Advanced, proceed with caution):

• Press Win + R, type "regedit," and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
    • Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR
    • Look for a key called AppCaptureEnabled. If it's not present or set to 0, it might be causing the issue. Set it to 1.

Alx181, Nov 29, 2023
  3. sammoo3 Win User
    game bar volume control overlay

I recently turned on the game bar to screen record my screen; when I went to turn it off and adjust the volume, an overlay popped up next to the volume controls. it used to do this through chrome and i turned that flag setting off. But now the game bar overlay
    won't go away. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

How can I enable game bar overlays for full screen games? c1fc1bc3-bde1-4c22-8b4e-43f826c65c60?upload=true.jpg

sammoo3, Nov 29, 2023
  4. HeyBeeSee Win User

How can I enable game bar overlays for full screen games?

"can't open ms-gaming overlay link"

I keep getting an error message when starting some games: "can't open ms-gaming overlay link"

None of the suggestions I found on google were helpful, like disabling the XBox gaming bar or the Steam's overlay.

Nothing works.

HeyBeeSee, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

How can I enable game bar overlays for full screen games?

1. How can I enable game bar overlays for full screen games? - Similar Threads - enable game bar

2. How to enable music player overlay when gaming or working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable music player overlay when gaming or working: How to enable music player overlay in win 11 while gaming or working, its like whenever skip the song with keyboard it show overlay for track details like in win 10.. in win 11 it doesn't showing which track is playing when i skip it while gaming, working, unless we have to...
  3. How can I enable game bar overlays for full screen games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I enable game bar overlays for full screen games?: So I’m extremely distraught after I spent months getting used to using a custom crosshair on my games. I have to run most of what I play on full screen. I have been using the game bar to provide overlay to see who is talking in party’s as well as my crosshair. Out of no where...
  4. Game Bar Not Recording in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Not Recording in Full Screen: I have seen a similar post from last year, and there was no solution, and I just discovered that I have the same issue. When I record videos, the playback is not in full screen. Looking at the properties of the video file, the video frame width is 1872 and the frame...
  5. game bar not recording full screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    game bar not recording full screen: [ATTACH] When I record games, my games don't record in full screen, the capture appears in the top left corner and what's left of the screen is black. https://preview.redd.it/u9l47xod5ay51.png?width=3821&format=png&auto=webp&s=26d26c90784b9194f3848af7ce6d999ee3e5c3e1...
  6. Game Bar No Longer Recording in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar No Longer Recording in Full Screen: I will try to make this make sense the best I can - When I go to record and then go back and watch it, the recording is not full screen anymore. A setting must have gotten tweaked by accident or something but I don't know which one it could be because my display is still set...
  7. Pin game bar overlay only in games?

Pin game bar overlay only in games?: I really like the game bar overlay and want to use it instead of the NVIDIA one but I want it only to appear in games. Is there any way to do that? submitted by /u/TheCatCubed [link] [comments]...
  8. Game bar overlay only in games?

Game bar overlay only in games?: I really like the game bar overlay and want to use it instead of the NVIDIA one but I want it only in games. Is there any way to do that? submitted by /u/TheCatCubed [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fzg7bs/game_bar_overlay_only_in_games/
  9. xbox game bar overlay question

xbox game bar overlay question: when running any game it says my gpu is at 95-100 percent the whole time, now i know this isnt the case because checking task manager and other apps its only saying 45-50% where is it getting this number? submitted by /u/putnamto [link] [comments]...
  10. game bar volume control overlay

in Windows 10 Customization
    game bar volume control overlay: I recently turned on the game bar to screen record my screen; when I went to turn it off and adjust the volume, an overlay popped up next to the volume controls. it used to do this through chrome and i turned that flag setting off. But now the game bar overlay won't go away....