Windows 10: How can i enable PIN logon

Discus and support How can i enable PIN logon in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My pc for some reason has stopped asking for my PIN when I start the computer/restart. How can I re activate or enable this? In the Group Policy I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by alyraver, Jul 15, 2018.

1. alyraver Win User

How can i enable PIN logon

My pc for some reason has stopped asking for my PIN when I start the computer/restart.

How can I re activate or enable this?

In the Group Policy I have gone to; Computer Config>Administrative Templates>System>Logon

I have the "Turn on convenience pin sign-in" enabled and it still doesn't ask for it?

Any ideas?

:)

alyraver, Jul 15, 2018
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Mapped network drives do not connect at logon in vista with automatic logon enabled

I have vista x64 . I have some mapped network drives . They get connected when i enter the password at logon screen. Now i enabled automatic logon in vista and they do not connect anymore . I have to double click on them and enter the password manually .

Windows displays the message "Could not connect to all drives" at logon .

They used to connect automatically in xo with automatic logon enabled.

My logon password is the same as the administrator password with which i can connect to these drives .

wolf2009, Jul 15, 2018
  3. FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN

Hi Xinete,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; we cannot set the finger print Logon without setting the Windows hello pin. Windows hello pin will work as an alternative option to login to your computer through finger print Logon. Windows hello
    pin will help you to login to your computer if you are unable to login to your computer through finger print authentication.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable finger print logon.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      gpedit.msc
      and hit Enter.

• Select Administrative Templates under
      Computer Configuration.

• Select Windows Components.

• Select Biometrics.
    In Biometrics > consider that for a home system, you might enable the following:

1) Allow the use of biometrics

2) Allow users to log on using biometrics

For information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-what-is-hello

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 15, 2018
  4. rparkster Win User

PIN logon

Why can't I change the logon back to the password and not the PIN? How do I change the default for this? and why isnt this easy after the update?

rparkster, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

1. How can i enable PIN logon - Similar Threads - enable PIN logon

2. I can't logon with my pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't logon with my pin.: I logon with my pin. It's rejected, says I'm not connected to the internet. Says the device is offline, try another sign-in option. After I hit reset the pin number several times, it asks for my password and for a code. I was better off without the pin....
  3. I can't logon with my pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't logon with my pin.: I logon with my pin. It's rejected, says I'm not connected to the internet. Says the device is offline, try another sign-in option. After I hit reset the pin number several times, it asks for my password and for a code. I was better off without the pin....
  4. using pin to logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using pin to logon: tried setting up a pin number to logon to computer, it gives me an error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-pin-to-logon/8e1963fd-cc7a-4df1-b6cb-b0137a983db6
  5. Pin to logon on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin to logon on Windows: Hi,Does anyone know how to reset the Win 11 PIN if the "Forgot Pin" option does not appear on the screen when logging in?Is there a chance to reset the pin from another device or website?Thanks for help. Best Regards,...
  6. Pin to logon on Windows

Pin to logon on Windows: Hi,Does anyone know how to reset the Win 11 PIN if the "Forgot Pin" option does not appear on the screen when logging in?Is there a chance to reset the pin from another device or website?Thanks for help. Best Regards,...
  7. PIN for Logon forgotten

PIN for Logon forgotten: MS Folks,Have forgotten my Laptop logon PIN. I've made too many attempts to login and now I don't have an option for 'Forgot Password'. I go in a loop, inputting 'A1B2C3' to prove I am not a bot, and then when I fail to input the first attempt correctly I am told to reboot...
  8. PIN for Logon forgotten

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN for Logon forgotten: MS Folks,Have forgotten my Laptop logon PIN. I've made too many attempts to login and now I don't have an option for 'Forgot Password'. I go in a loop, inputting 'A1B2C3' to prove I am not a bot, and then when I fail to input the first attempt correctly I am told to reboot...
  9. PIN for Logon forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. How can I disable logon screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I disable logon screen: when netplwiz has no such option, and user policy settings don't work, how to bypass logon screen. On Windows 10 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-logon-screen/319ba23d-468d-44be-8e53-7c317689467e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i enable pin?