Windows 10: How can I enable Pre boot bitlocker pin on my Surface 6 computer

Discus and support How can I enable Pre boot bitlocker pin on my Surface 6 computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I have enabled a Bitlocker policy to 'require additional authentication at startup' local policy on my Surface 6.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShivaramVenkatesh, Apr 22, 2020.

1. How can I enable Pre boot bitlocker pin on my Surface 6 computer

Hi Everyone,

I have enabled a Bitlocker policy to 'require additional authentication at startup' local policy on my Surface 6. However, the system does not prompt for any bitlocker PIN and simply boots into Windows.

Could you please guide me on how I can enable my Surface to necessarily ask for a Bitlocker PIN when booting?

Thank you.

Shiv

:)

ShivaramVenkatesh, Apr 22, 2020

2. Enabling pre-boot pin with a TPM

How can I enable a pre-boot PIN with a TPM installed and the drive is BitLocked? (Windows Pro)

RaymondNewman, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Bitlocker GPO on Tablet/Surface/Slate - Require additional authentication at startup - Enabled, but not offering option to set PIN

The answer was remarkably simple. You need to enable Enable use of BitLocker Authentication requiring preboot keyboard input on slates.

In short, some tablets don't provision a pre-boot on-screen keyboard, and thus would have no means to enter a PIN before boot.

After enabling this setting in my GPO, the required "Enter a PIN" option appeared as expected when I enabled Bitlocker on the OS drive.

Further reading Bitlocker PIN on Surface Pro 3 and Other Tablets

3-14159265358979323846264, Apr 22, 2020
  4. How can I enable Pre boot bitlocker pin on my Surface 6 computer

Preboot bitlocker PIN

Can we enable pre boot Bitlocker PIN without change in Local Group Policy?

Rahoolbhand, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

How can I enable Pre boot bitlocker pin on my Surface 6 computer

1. How can I enable Pre boot bitlocker pin on my Surface 6 computer - Similar Threads - enable Pre boot

2. How can i remove the 6 digit pin.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can i remove the 6 digit pin.: One day i booted up my pc and it said i need to change my pin to 6 digits, the previous day i had logged into my school account in the Microsoft 365 app, i disconnected the account from School and Work thing but i still cant change the pin back....
  3. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 6 is not boot: Hi, My surface pro 6 is not start up anymore. Windows logo is shown and then disappears. this happens until the battery is out. So i try to boot it from usb. I downloaded the image from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-recovery-image to create the bootable device....
  4. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 6 is not boot: Hi, My surface pro 6 is not start up anymore. Windows logo is shown and then disappears. this happens until the battery is out. So i try to boot it from usb. I downloaded the image from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-recovery-image to create the bootable device....
  5. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. BitLocker setup without Pre-Boot pin

BitLocker setup without Pre-Boot pin: I wanted to setup Bitlocker to boot up without the need of using the pin but yet wanted the recovery key to be hosted onto Active Directory. How can I achieve this?...
  7. Dual booting on Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual booting on Surface Pro 6: I have a surface pro 6 and ive installed windows server 2016 on it. However every time i boot into Server 2016, it makes a low audible sound that repeats over and over. The best way to describe the sound is making the “p” sound softly with your lips. And when i boot back into...
  8. Surface Pro 6 and Win 10 Home with bitlocker enabled out of the box?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 6 and Win 10 Home with bitlocker enabled out of the box?: So I bought a brand new Surface Pro 6 today, Win 10 Home is the default OEM operating system installed. However I noticed that bitlocker is enabled. According to the windows 10 comparison page only devices with Windows 10 Pro are entitled to have bitlocker as a Windows 10...
  9. BitLocker is on but, need pre boot login

BitLocker is on but, need pre boot login: My BitLocker is on but, I do not get asked to enter a password or PIN before my user name comes up with a place to enter my PIN. How do I set it up so that it is encrypted and I need to enter a PIN or password before the system boots up? My service Tag is 6RHX7N2...
  10. How can i enable PIN logon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can i enable PIN logon: My pc for some reason has stopped asking for my PIN when I start the computer/restart. How can I re activate or enable this? In the Group Policy I have gone to; Computer Config>Administrative Templates>System>Logon I have the "Turn on convenience pin sign-in" enabled and...