Windows 10: How can I enable Secure Boot on my HP laptop without encountering the "Start PXE over IPv4"...

Discus and support How can I enable Secure Boot on my HP laptop without encountering the "Start PXE over IPv4"... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to enable Secure Boot on my HP EliteBook 840 in preparation for the Windows 11 update, so I needed to change the boot mode to UEFI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SamBurnside, Jun 26, 2021.

1. How can I enable Secure Boot on my HP laptop without encountering the "Start PXE over IPv4"...

Hi, I am trying to enable Secure Boot on my HP EliteBook 840 in preparation for the Windows 11 update, so I needed to change the boot mode to UEFI Native Without CSM in order to get to the Secure Boot check box. Unfortunately, when I try to boot the laptop, instead of it going to Windows, it says "Start PXE over IPv4". I have tried most 'solutions' but to no avail. Here are my specs if needed:Laptop: HP EliteBook 840 G1OS: Windows 10 wanting to change to 11 when it is releasedCPU: Intel Core i5-4300UStorage: 256GB SSDRAM: 8GB DDR3Thanks for the help.

:)

SamBurnside, Jun 26, 2021
  2. Nomarrr Win User

Windows 10 Start PXE over IPv4

This just started happening last night. It was working like two days ago and I don't know what happened. Every time I turn on my Dell Ispiron laptop, it freezes and gives me an error that says, "Start PXE over IPv4"

Under that it says PXE-E18: Server response timeout.

Under that it says, "Start PXE over IPv6.l

i tried reading other tutorials, and none of them help. My BIOS version is A05 and I'm guessing everyone is different, and I can't find a solution. I head over to "Boot" in BIOS and it says,

"Boot List Option: [UEFI]

File Browser aadd Boot Option

File Browser Del Boot Option

Secure Boot: Disabled

Load Legacy Option Rom Enabled

Boot Option Priorities

Boot Option #1 UEFI: NETWORK CARD

Boot Option #2 UEFI: NETWORK CARD

I played around with all these settings and nothing worked. If they didn't work I would press F9 to Load Defaults and try again or look for more solutions.

I really need help, no solutions are working for me. I tried everything. Remember, BIOS Version is A05.

Nomarrr, Jun 26, 2021
  3. Start PXE over IPv4 on HP Windows 8.1

As you have a HP, read the HP forums information.

start pxe over ipv4 - HP Support Community - 4797023

These are the normal reasons why:

1. BIOS Boot Order set to Boot to Network: Check BIOS settings for Boot Order.

2. Check cable connections between Motherboard and Hard Drive.

3. Failed Hard Drive.

Bill Smithers, Jun 26, 2021
  4. How can I enable Secure Boot on my HP laptop without encountering the "Start PXE over IPv4"...

Start PXE over IPv4 message

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to set the accurate boot order in the BIOS.

To open a boot menu or change the boot order, you'll typically need to press a combination of keys (such as F2, F12, Delete, Esc, etc.) immediately after you turn on your PC. For instructions on changing the boot order for your PC, check the documentation
    that came with your PC or go to the manufacturer's website.

You may also refer to the links below:

Error "Start PXE over IPv4" on startup on Windows 8

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

How can I enable Secure Boot on my HP laptop without encountering the "Start PXE over IPv4"...

1. How can I enable Secure Boot on my HP laptop without encountering the "Start PXE over IPv4"... - Similar Threads - enable Secure Boot

2. PC will not boot Start PXE over IPv6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not boot Start PXE over IPv6: Hi, I have recently moved desk and PC, and when I have tried to turn on my old PC to copy some stuff to one drive it will not start now.Its come up on start up with:Start PXE over IPv6..PXE-E16: No offer received.Start PXE over IPv4.PXE-E18: Server response timeout.Is there...
  3. PC will not boot Start PXE over IPv6

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will not boot Start PXE over IPv6: Hi, I have recently moved desk and PC, and when I have tried to turn on my old PC to copy some stuff to one drive it will not start now.Its come up on start up with:Start PXE over IPv6..PXE-E16: No offer received.Start PXE over IPv4.PXE-E18: Server response timeout.Is there...
  4. Start pxe over ipv4 and start pxe over ipv6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start pxe over ipv4 and start pxe over ipv6: I have a dell 910 ran into a start PXE over ipv4 and stuck on start pxe over ipv6. I left my computer for a day and it still stuck on ipv6. I've tried some advice on youtube but i havent fixed the problem. Please help....
  5. Start pxe over ipv4 and start pxe over ipv6

Start pxe over ipv4 and start pxe over ipv6: I have a dell 910 ran into a start PXE over ipv4 and stuck on start pxe over ipv6. I left my computer for a day and it still stuck on ipv6. I've tried some advice on youtube but i havent fixed the problem. Please help....
  6. Start PXE over IPV4 Error on 11th gen machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start PXE over IPV4 Error on 11th gen machines: Hello,We are unable to image a 11th Gen Intel processor machines like HP Elitebook 840 G8 and HP Zbook Studio 15 G8. They get into Network boot and hangs on "Start PXE over IPV4" screen and boots back.Since they are 11th gen, they dont have default Legacy option in BIOS, only...
  7. Start PXE over IPV4 Error on 11th gen machines

Start PXE over IPV4 Error on 11th gen machines: Hello,We are unable to image a 11th Gen Intel processor machines like HP Elitebook 840 G8 and HP Zbook Studio 15 G8. They get into Network boot and hangs on "Start PXE over IPV4" screen and boots back.Since they are 11th gen, they dont have default Legacy option in BIOS, only...
  8. Start PXE over IPV4 Error on 11th gen machines

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How to fix Start PXE over IPv4 in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix Start PXE over IPv4 in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]You may see “Start PXE over IPv4” when trying to boot your computer because your system is trying to boot from PXE. So, you are computer is trying to boot over the IPv4 network and hence, you are seeing this error message. In this article, we are going to fix Start...
  10. Start PXE over IPv4

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start PXE over IPv4: Boys I need help... after installing another hard drive it says "Start PXE over IPv4". I tried changing the boot sequence but that didn't work. What do i do? submitted by /u/TootsieRolzz [link] [comments]...