Windows 10: How can I ensure language consistency in Windows and apps?

Discus and support How can I ensure language consistency in Windows and apps? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Long story short, I'm Dutch and I primarily use English. I'm trying to get everything regional to Dutch, while language wise everything should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Linaori, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Linaori Win User

How can I ensure language consistency in Windows and apps?

Long story short, I'm Dutch and I primarily use English. I'm trying to get everything regional to Dutch, while language wise everything should be English. Now I mostly succeed at this, but the Microsoft store is in a mix of Dutch and English for me. Some times the game categories listed here are English, sometimes Dutch. The main language shows mostly English, but then the description of the video pack is partly English and partly Dutch. On the left side you can see that the main categories are also in Dutch where "games" is "gamen" which is currently selected. This while in the same menu on

:)

Linaori, Nov 5, 2021
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Windows App Language - not consistent

Hi Sindy,

Windows usually act that way when you have made some changes with the language settings or if the Windows system files are corrupted. To assist you with your concern, let's isolate the issue by updating your Windows system language to English. To do so:

• Click Settings. Select the Time and Language
      Icon.
    • In the next window, click Region and Language. Click
      Add A Language
    • Select the language you want to use. This will add the language to the
      Region and Language
      window.
    • Click the Language that you added and select the Add As Default button. You can also click the
      Options Button and add a keyboard for the new language.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Nov 5, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Nov 5, 2021
  4. How can I ensure language consistency in Windows and apps?

Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Nov 5, 2021
Thema:

How can I ensure language consistency in Windows and apps?

1. How can I ensure language consistency in Windows and apps? - Similar Threads - ensure language consistency

2. How can I ensure the cleanest W11 install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I ensure the cleanest W11 install?: I’ve been struggling with windows randomly deciding to ruin my computer for some months now. Every time I would get the computer to a properly working state for a few days out of nowhere Windows will decide to make the computer unusable one way or another leading me to have...
  3. How can I ensure the cleanest W11 install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I ensure the cleanest W11 install?: I’ve been struggling with windows randomly deciding to ruin my computer for some months now. Every time I would get the computer to a properly working state for a few days out of nowhere Windows will decide to make the computer unusable one way or another leading me to have...
  4. I recently purchased a Windows 10 key; so, how can I ensure that it is genuine?

I recently purchased a Windows 10 key; so, how can I ensure that it is genuine?: I recently purchased a Windows 10 key; so, how can I ensure that it is genuine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-purchased-a-windows-10-key-so-how-can-i/e3d6b56a-870c-45b0-9e7f-e6955c389276
  5. I recently purchased a Windows 10 key; so, how can I ensure that it is genuine?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I recently purchased a Windows 10 key; so, how can I ensure that it is genuine?: I recently purchased a Windows 10 key; so, how can I ensure that it is genuine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-purchased-a-windows-10-key-so-how-can-i/e3d6b56a-870c-45b0-9e7f-e6955c389276
  6. How can I ensure that every window opens maximised, please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I ensure that every window opens maximised, please?: I know about pressing Control when closing a window etc. but, for instance, when I plug my phone in to a USB connection to my PC it won't open in a maximised window. I'm guessing that I need to edit something in the registry, maybe, so can anyone point me in the right...
  7. How can I ensure that every window opens maximised, please?

How can I ensure that every window opens maximised, please?: I know about pressing Control when closing a window etc. but, for instance, when I plug my phone in to a USB connection to my PC it won't open in a maximised window. I'm guessing that I need to edit something in the registry, maybe, so can anyone point me in the right...
  8. How can I ensure that every window opens maximised, please?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How can I ensure language consistency in Windows and apps?

How can I ensure language consistency in Windows and apps?: Long story short, I'm Dutch and I primarily use English. I'm trying to get everything regional to Dutch, while language wise everything should be English. Now I mostly succeed at this, but the Microsoft store is in a mix of Dutch and English for me. Some times the game...
  10. HOW CAN I CHANGE WINDOWS LANGUAGE

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW CAN I CHANGE WINDOWS LANGUAGE: THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-windows-language/ed6f9857-50ce-4b3a-ba2e-367391406149