Windows 10: How can I erase start menu entries from the previous instalation after system restore?

Discus and support How can I erase start menu entries from the previous instalation after system restore? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I was getting this annoying BSoD out of the blue due to DRIVER_STATE_POWER_FAILURE, which was also making my the laptop and touchpad stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheGrandLeveller, Feb 22, 2021.

1. How can I erase start menu entries from the previous instalation after system restore?

How can I erase start menu entries from the previous instalation after system restore? 92or1-9Z_DgjfYluz-GLRuEgUl_hmwKnIHLcpXzdFMg.jpg

I was getting this annoying BSoD out of the blue due to DRIVER_STATE_POWER_FAILURE, which was also making my the laptop and touchpad stop working, so I had to use System Restore. Although I chose to keep my files, what really mattered to me was my library of music, so I decided I'm not reinstalling games or the other programs, but on my programs list there are still the entries from the programs that were installed before (like that list #... A... B...). I was gonna simply right click and delete those folders but turns out I can't. I don't know if it's a bug, but I right click them and nothing happens. I wonder if there's any program or Windows feature who could wipe out those entries and leave only those who are *really* installed.

Screenshot: All these folders.

https://preview.redd.it/y21u7egr85j...bp&s=938830bcaa87fbd8f486916856e586fa1dbcc730

submitted by /u/TheGrandLeveller
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheGrandLeveller, Feb 22, 2021

2. Switch User entry missing from Start Menu

I have found the cause and the solution to this issue. I was using a security monitor app and it had a list of settings to improve the security of my system. One of the settings it recommended caused the FUS entries to disappear from the start menu. The setting in the registry is: \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\dontenumerateconnectedusers

Setting this to '0' restored the FUS entries on the Start menu.

DoctorBrown, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Feb 22, 2021
  4. How can I erase start menu entries from the previous instalation after system restore?

Unable to access Start menu, open files, run System Restore after installing the Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hello,

The issues with accessing the Start menu/ Windows key might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files after installing the latest update on your computer.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to access the files, System Restore, Repair tools on your computer?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message with this issue?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested from the Microsoft helps article like: Check for updates, Restart the computer, run the troubleshooter, create test user account and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Start menu for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

How can I erase start menu entries from the previous instalation after system restore?

1. How can I erase start menu entries from the previous instalation after system restore? - Similar Threads - erase start menu

2. How can I restore function to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore function to the start menu?: My start meu and Windows Key is not working. No pop up window. As well the StartMenuExperienceHost.exe is missing. Tried a number of things using Task Manager including a restart WindowsExplorer, no affect. Prior to that the Task Bar disappeared. I managed to get it to...
  3. How can I restore function to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore function to the start menu?: My start meu and Windows Key is not working. No pop up window. As well the StartMenuExperienceHost.exe is missing. Tried a number of things using Task Manager including a restart WindowsExplorer, no affect. Prior to that the Task Bar disappeared. I managed to get it to...
  4. How to remove Restore previous versions entry from the Context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Restore previous versions entry from the Context menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When most of your attempts in finding a file on your computer fail or do not yield the desired results, you try to restore it […] This article How to remove Restore previous versions entry from the Context menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  5. How can I restore to a previous date?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I restore to a previous date?: How can I restore to a previous date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-restore-to-a-previous-date/8d67b698-614c-410f-a827-64200e0f427f
  6. Windows Files erased after System restore.

Windows Files erased after System restore.: Hi. I recently updated my windows to the latest insider preview build. I was supposed to update to the next release by 12 th December. But the updates failed to install and my windows is due to expire 14th December. I asked the technical support and received support from 2...
  7. Windows Restore: system restore from a previous installation of Windows 10

Windows Restore: system restore from a previous installation of Windows 10: Hello, My operating system recently had a turd and could not be recovered using the windows recovery tool. So I had to reinstall windows 10 Pro. upon reinstalling Windows I tried to access my restore point I had created in a secondary drive. but when using "backup" in...
  8. How can I prevent an app from re-creating its Start Menu entry?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I prevent an app from re-creating its Start Menu entry?: I use Bitdefender Free Antivirus. I really do not want to see it's listing in my Start menu, "Bitdefender Antivirus Free". I am able to delete the Start Menu app shortcut, but after restarting my PC it appears again. Is there a way I can prevent it from being re-created?...
  9. How can I prevent an app from re-creating its Start Menu entry?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I prevent an app from re-creating its Start Menu entry?: I use Bitdefender Free Antivirus. I really do not want to see it's listing in my Start menu, "Bitdefender Antivirus Free". I am able to delete the Start Menu app shortcut, but after restarting my PC it appears again. Is there a way I can prevent it from being re-created?...
  10. [SOLVED] How to restore Control Panel entry on Start context menu on?

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] How to restore Control Panel entry on Start context menu on?: Since I upgraded to Windows 10 Version 1703, I noticed that the Control Panel from Start menu context menu (Windows + X) is missing. I'm sure Microsoft wants to push Settings at all costs, but I wish they didn't try to shove it down users' throats and instead give us options....