Windows 10: how can I export file details (e.g., photo dimensions) from file explorer?

Discus and support how can I export file details (e.g., photo dimensions) from file explorer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 10 File Explorer details view, I can add any of hundreds of extended file information fields by using the GUI to add the appropriate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thosecht, Feb 27, 2019.

1. thosecht Win User

how can I export file details (e.g., photo dimensions) from file explorer?

In Windows 10 File Explorer details view, I can add any of hundreds of extended file information fields by using the GUI to add the appropriate columns. For instance, I can see the 'dimensions', 'height', 'width' of photos.

How can I export that information as text so I can view it, sort it, or whatever in a text editor or Excel? This is driving me crazy!

:)

thosecht, Feb 27, 2019

2. Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

how can I export file details (e.g., photo dimensions) from file explorer? windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 27, 2019
  3. How to export photos windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps & check if it helps.

If you were using other application apart from file explorer, you may follow the below steps to export to pen drive/flash drive.

• Open the location where the Photos are located using File Explorer.
    • Select the files you want to Export.
    • Right click on the file and select ‘Send to’ from its context menu.
    • Now select the Jump drive from the sub menu.
    • Once the transfer is done, you may open the jump hard disk drive from the File Explorer and check if the file is present there.
    Please get back with the above information to assist you better.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 27, 2019
  4. how can I export file details (e.g., photo dimensions) from file explorer?

Exporting Video File Created with Windows Photo

While using Windows Photos , to upload a file for sharing , after 'Create Video' , the generated export file , results in a pixelated grid output.

A combination of still photos and video clips. The format is .mp4 and shows where saved in File Explorer Directory. There is sound, but no image.

What further steps are required for successful exporting and playback of created video file??

DilligentEssence -, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

how can I export file details (e.g., photo dimensions) from file explorer?

1. how can I export file details (e.g., photo dimensions) from file explorer? - Similar Threads - export file details

2. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extract Details of files in File Explorer: Hi Good MorningCan anyone explain the procedure to extract "TITTLE" of all the files in file explorer into excel formatRight side pane comes when we select 'Details" button under "View" option...
  3. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extract Details of files in File Explorer: Hi Good MorningCan anyone explain the procedure to extract "TITTLE" of all the files in file explorer into excel formatRight side pane comes when we select 'Details" button under "View" option...
  4. How can I convert a e explorer file to normal l .jar file?

How can I convert a e explorer file to normal l .jar file?: So recently I downloaded Minecraft. And I wanted to add mods. So I searched up how to: Video. So when I installed forge I accidentally clicked open with e explorer and now it wont let me open it with java. This is what pops up when I click open with Java:...
  5. How can I prevent the extra columns of details from appearing in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I prevent the extra columns of details from appearing in File Explorer?: I'm not exactly sure what they're called. Some examples of them are "#" and "Date Modified" and "File Type" and "Album." I don't really want these, since it makes the file name (the only important part to me) get cut off. I know that I can right click and hide them that way,...
  6. Exporting iPhone photo file properties from file explorer to Excel

Exporting iPhone photo file properties from file explorer to Excel: I am in the process of cleaning up more than 11,000 photos on my iPhone. To do this I connected to my Win 10 machine and accessed the file folders of which there are more than 20 folders. The task would be simple if the folders were in date order. Unfortunately the photos...
  7. file explorer icloud photo detail

file explorer icloud photo detail: in window 10 file explorer, how do I get the detail view in the icloud photo download folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-icloud-photo-detail/742dcd64-5921-4e7b-a193-3a541aea2ef3"
  8. How can I export a detail file listing from Windows Explorer to Excel?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How can I export a detail file listing from Windows Explorer to Excel?: Hello everyone. I'm new here, and I want to thank you in advance for your help*Smile Is there a way for me to copy/export from Windows Explorer to Excel >> A listing of file names, created date & time? I am trying to organize a lot of image and video files, and haven't been...
  9. Printing of file details from explorer

Printing of file details from explorer: I would like to be able to print the medium or large icons with their corresponding details to preview and organize. Is there a way to do so, and if so what is the process? V/R Bill P...
  10. File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?: Hello, In Windows 10 using the File Explorer, When I copy/create a new .MP3 file onto my computer it is displaying the .MP3 info. and not general file info. in the File Explorer. Example: It displays "Name, #, Title, Artist, Album" etc. It should be displaying......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows export file explorer with details