Windows 10: How can I extend basic disk volume moving storage space from dynamic disk?

Discus and support How can I extend basic disk volume moving storage space from dynamic disk? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear, My computer has 500 GB HD space in total. However, only 20GB is currently destined to "C:", a basic disk. A new volume, "D:", has 465GB but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThiagoAmaral4, Jan 20, 2020.

1. How can I extend basic disk volume moving storage space from dynamic disk?

Dear,

My computer has 500 GB HD space in total.

However, only 20GB is currently destined to "C:", a basic disk. A new volume, "D:", has 465GB but I cannot use that space to download programs and apps since the system automatically uses "C:" space.

How can I manage this situation? Is it possible to change these volumes from a dynamic disk to a basic disk? Or is it possible to switch some configuration that allows me to use dynamic disks to storage my downloads?

Thank you in advance.

How can I extend basic disk volume moving storage space from dynamic disk? dbd0a9da-8021-43b7-a156-850bad86423b?upload=true.png

:)

ThiagoAmaral4, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Ariel Aba Win User

Convert Basic Disk into Dynamic Disk

Hi Charbel,

It would be helpful if you mentioned the things that you have tried to do that failed so that we can skip those steps. You can follow the steps provided in the article:
    How to convert a basic disk to a dynamic disk in Windows 7, to change a basic disk to
    a dynamic one. The instructions are also applicable for Windows 10. You can also check this article:
    Extend a basic volume.

Ensure that you create a back up for your system as well.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Convert Basic Disk into Dynamic Disk

im out of space on my Driver C (disk 0) which is a dynamic Disk i want to be able to extend the volume by shrinking some space from the disk 1 (basic disk) but the problem is that i am not able to convert disk 1 into a dynamic disk (even though there is
    53.4% of free space in it).

ive tried several methods i found online but non of them works

i own a MSI laptop operated by Windows 10

Charbel G. EL Haddad, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Jizzler Win User

How can I extend basic disk volume moving storage space from dynamic disk?

Extending volume problems

Looks like you'll need to go dynamic.

Jizzler, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

How can I extend basic disk volume moving storage space from dynamic disk?

1. How can I extend basic disk volume moving storage space from dynamic disk? - Similar Threads - extend basic disk

2. How I can make my Dynamic disk to basic Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I can make my Dynamic disk to basic Disk: How I can make my Dynamic disk back to Basic .it is my main Disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-make-my-dynamic-disk-to-basic-disk/d506d312-5e4c-4d0e-b84d-3a8bc597a0f1
  3. How I can make my Dynamic disk to basic Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I can make my Dynamic disk to basic Disk: How I can make my Dynamic disk back to Basic .it is my main Disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-make-my-dynamic-disk-to-basic-disk/d506d312-5e4c-4d0e-b84d-3a8bc597a0f1
  4. Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk: Hello guys!Today I need your help because if not then I'll be in danger. Now what happened is that I was trying to split a E drive in disk management tool. So when I did so it gave me a warning message saying that the disk will be a dynamic one and that the PC will not be...
  5. Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk: Hello guys!Today I need your help because if not then I'll be in danger. Now what happened is that I was trying to split a E drive in disk management tool. So when I did so it gave me a warning message saying that the disk will be a dynamic one and that the PC will not be...
  6. converting back to basic disk from dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    converting back to basic disk from dynamic disk: I need help! I recently installed Windows 10 on my grandmother's computer. Shortly after, I realized that drive "E" SD card storage was no longer accessible, blocked by tools. Using Disk Management I moved the tools, but in the process accidently converted my "Disk 0" that...
  7. Moving from Dynamic Disk to Storage Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving from Dynamic Disk to Storage Space: During setup of my gaming PC I created a mirror dynamic disk on the 2 data disks because The Internet suggested it. Now I know this was a bad idea since it de-synchs more often than it should even if the disks ran 24/7 since the early '80s. Is there an easier way than...
  8. How to extend Disk Volume without converting it to Dynamic Disk?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to extend Disk Volume without converting it to Dynamic Disk?: So my D drive(Storage Drive, OS is installed on C) has 100 GB of unallocated space which I would like to merge with my main partition that has 831 GB. But when I try to do so using the wizard, it tells me that it will convert it into Dynamic Disk. I really don't want to...
  9. Partition Change created a Dynamic Disk from a Basic Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition Change created a Dynamic Disk from a Basic Disk: [Apologies if I have posed this in the wrong place; thanks for moving it if necessary!] - Good morning Folks! *Smile I thought this would be simple: 1TB HDD with Two 500GB Partitions E: & Z:. Having available space in E: and needing more in Z: I performed a "Shrink" on...
  10. Cannot change dynamic disk to a basic disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot change dynamic disk to a basic disk: Running windows 10, due to some personal reasons want to change my dynamic disk to a basic disk.But the option for the same is greyed out in Disk Management.If anyone posts a guide to accomplish the same I would be really grateful*Smile 30309