Windows 10: How can I extend C drive when Extend is grayed out?

Discus and support How can I extend C drive when Extend is grayed out? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good afternoon everyone, I have two laptops that were purchased with this hard disk configuration. I would like to extend C: and include some or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lesley, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Lesley Win User

How can I extend C drive when Extend is grayed out?

Good afternoon everyone,

I have two laptops that were purchased with this hard disk configuration. I would like to extend C: and include some or all of the D: Data drive. Is there any way to do this without losing data/applications in C? I don't have the option to extend C, it's grayed out. I also partitioned D into two drives, but that doesn't work either, still no option to extend C. I"m assuming that's because these are two physical drives, however hoping there's a workaround. Any input would be great as one of these laptops can no longer be updated. I did begin installing things on D, and made D the default, but that just wasn't enough and it's just confusing for some users. Thanks in advance for your help. Lesley

How can I extend C drive when Extend is grayed out? d00527d5-3c10-4d9b-82a2-5e0adb25de95?upload=true.jpg

:)

Lesley, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Micheal3 Win User

Unable to extend C drive

So recently I've been trying to extend my c drive seeing as it was getting to be full and the D drive had plenty of room. After doing some research I figured out that I simply need to delete the D drive to free up the space and then use the extend C drive
    option to add space. However, even after I deleted the D drive the extend option is still gray and will not allow me to extend the drive. I can make a new D drive and reclaim the space but I am unable to extend the C drive at this time. I'm not too keen on
    downloading a third party program to basically force my computer to finally extend the drive so I'm trying to figure out what could be going wrong.

Micheal3, Feb 18, 2020
  3. OS (CHow can I extend C drive when Extend is grayed out? :) Drive - Extending the Volume

I've recently purchased a new laptop and came across a problem regarding the storage volume. It seems there's an arbitrary partition where C: drive has 100GB allocated and the remaining 900GB+ is unallocated. When I tried to extend the volume of C: to include
    the 900GB, the option to extend the volume was grayed out and unusable.

Unfortunately, I just don't know enough to figure out why all that space is unallocated and why I can't extend the volume of the C: drive. Searching for the answer yielded a lot of suggestions for third-party software, but I'd like to avoid that solution
    if possible. Are there any other options?

Raseleanne, Feb 18, 2020
  4. How can I extend C drive when Extend is grayed out?

extending c drive

hi. my c drive is full.i have loads of space on my e drive.the e drive appears below c drive in disk management and therefore the extend volume tab is greyed out.can anybody please help me to extend my c drive .i downloaded minitool partition wizard but
    when I click on extend c drive,it only gives me the option to take a few hundred mb from recoverythanks

stevechase1, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

How can I extend C drive when Extend is grayed out?

1. How can I extend C drive when Extend is grayed out? - Similar Threads - extend drive Extend

2. Extend volume grayed out. Want to extend to the full size of drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extend volume grayed out. Want to extend to the full size of drive: Got a new drive installed, got windows 10 moved to the new drive. NOW I want to have the whole drive available as C: and nothing has let me do that, Instead, it adds a partition for the rest of the drive and will not let me allocate it to C:....
  3. Extend volume grayed out. Want to extend to the full size of drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend volume grayed out. Want to extend to the full size of drive: Got a new drive installed, got windows 10 moved to the new drive. NOW I want to have the whole drive available as C: and nothing has let me do that, Instead, it adds a partition for the rest of the drive and will not let me allocate it to C:....
  4. Extend volume grayed out. Want to extend to the full size of drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Extend volume grayed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extend volume grayed out.: I have 930gb unallocated, formatted NTFS, shown as DISK 0 / basic.Windows C; is on DISK 1 / Dynamic. Cannot Extend volume C; . Option grayed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume-grayed-out/8bcdabd8-c73c-4f61-ba43-85cafad0cfab
  6. EXTEND VOLUME GRAYED OUT

EXTEND VOLUME GRAYED OUT: Hi...I'm trying to extend the volume C drive and it is grayed out. I check on the web then I found there should be unallocated space then I make shrink volume from the D drive as unallocated space.os: win 10os is installed on C driveplease help....
  7. EXTEND VOLUME GRAYED OUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXTEND VOLUME GRAYED OUT: Hi...I'm trying to extend the volume C drive and it is grayed out. I check on the web then I found there should be unallocated space then I make shrink volume from the D drive as unallocated space.os: win 10os is installed on C driveplease help....
  8. Extending C drive volume when the extend is greyed out

Extending C drive volume when the extend is greyed out: Extending C drive volume when the extend is greyed out, the spare volume is not next to C so C wont let me extend https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extending-c-drive-volume-when-the-extend-is-greyed/7df7ffff-9bd8-4103-952a-d817cee0da97
  9. Extend volume on C Drive is grayed out,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extend volume on C Drive is grayed out,: My C drive is almost full and unable run major applications. I have space on D drive as shown below. When i right click on C drive "Extend Volume " is grayed out. How can merge drive C and D ? i shrinked 10gb volume from d drive. I can't add it to C drive extend volume is...
  10. Extend Volume grayed out

Extend Volume grayed out: Can't figure out how to get Extend Partition to work on Windows 10. I tried deleting the extra partition and formatting it as Windows. I am the Administrator when I do this. Can you tell from the attached screenshot what I am missing? [ATTACH]...