Windows 10: How can I extend my C drive in hp laptop; windows 10 from an unallocated space which is at...

Discus and support How can I extend my C drive in hp laptop; windows 10 from an unallocated space which is at... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have re-installed windows 10 in my HP laptop. There is only ~20GB volume in C drive. I need to increase the volume of the drive. So, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ParthaPyne, Jun 13, 2021.

1. How can I extend my C drive in hp laptop; windows 10 from an unallocated space which is at...

Hi, I have re-installed windows 10 in my HP laptop. There is only ~20GB volume in C drive. I need to increase the volume of the drive. So, I have unallocated some volume from other drive but this unallocated volume ~63 GB is at the left side of the C drive attched images for clear understanding and that why I could not extend my C drive by right clicking at the C and tapping on "extend volume" option. This "extend volume option" is greyed out. So has there any option to do so without using third party software?

:)

ParthaPyne, Jun 13, 2021

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CHow can I extend my C drive in hp laptop; windows 10 from an unallocated space which is at... :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Anwille Win User

How can I extend my C drive in hp laptop; windows 10 from an unallocated space which is at...

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

How can I extend my C drive in hp laptop; windows 10 from an unallocated space which is at...

1. How can I extend my C drive in hp laptop; windows 10 from an unallocated space which is at... - Similar Threads - extend drive laptop

2. Can't extend C drive with unallocated space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't extend C drive with unallocated space: I have a problem with extending the space on my C drive, I've already tried using Disk Management and I've also watched videos on Youtube. I noticed that the D drive and C drive were on the same disk on every video and that mine were on different drives. I feel like I've made...
  3. Can't extend C drive with unallocated space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't extend C drive with unallocated space: I have a problem with extending the space on my C drive, I've already tried using Disk Management and I've also watched videos on Youtube. I noticed that the D drive and C drive were on the same disk on every video and that mine were on different drives. I feel like I've made...
  4. Can't extend C drive with unallocated space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't extend C drive even if unallocated space exists.

Can't extend C drive even if unallocated space exists.: Alright so, I currently removed Fedora Linux from my system using a youtube video. However, when the step came to extend the C drive back, it was greyed out. I basically deleted all of Fedora's partitions and also removed its .efi files from my system using bcdedit.Here's the...
  6. Can't extend C drive even if unallocated space exists.

Can't extend C drive even if unallocated space exists.: Alright so, I currently removed Fedora Linux from my system using a youtube video. However, when the step came to extend the C drive back, it was greyed out. I basically deleted all of Fedora's partitions and also removed its .efi files from my system using bcdedit.Here's the...
  7. How to move Unallocated Space on C behind C:/ so I can extend the drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move Unallocated Space on C behind C:/ so I can extend the drive?: Question is in the subject. I have Unallocated space on my C Drive that I *really* need to use but because it's not "Behind" C: I can't extend C to cover it. Is there anyway to fix this or am I up a creek?...
  8. How to move Unallocated Space on C behind C:/ so I can extend the drive?

How to move Unallocated Space on C behind C:/ so I can extend the drive?: Question is in the subject. I have Unallocated space on my C Drive that I *really* need to use but because it's not "Behind" C: I can't extend C to cover it. Is there anyway to fix this or am I up a creek?...
  9. How to move Unallocated Space on C behind C:/ so I can extend the drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Cannot extend drives from unallocated space

Cannot extend drives from unallocated space: Hello, i have 2 unallocated volumes but i can only extend from the 582 GB one.The 93 GB one doesnt wanna extend into the D: volume or the C: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-extend-drives-from-unallocated-space/9c96d0fc-23fc-4fdf-b892-49efbac43947

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. how to increase local Disk C on hp stream