Windows 10: How can I extend my C drive in hp laptop; windows 10 from an unallocated space which is at...

Discus and support How can I extend my C drive in hp laptop; windows 10 from an unallocated space which is at... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have re-installed windows 10 in my HP laptop. There is only ~20GB volume in C drive. I need to increase the volume of the drive. So, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ParthaPyne, Jun 13, 2021.

1. How can I extend my C drive in hp laptop; windows 10 from an unallocated space which is at...

Hi, I have re-installed windows 10 in my HP laptop. There is only ~20GB volume in C drive. I need to increase the volume of the drive. So, I have unallocated some volume from other drive but this unallocated volume ~63 GB is at the left side of the C drive attched images for clear understanding and that why I could not extend my C drive by right clicking at the C and tapping on "extend volume" option. This "extend volume option" is greyed out. So has there any option to do so without using third party software?

:)

ParthaPyne, Jun 13, 2021

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CHow can I extend my C drive in hp laptop; windows 10 from an unallocated space which is at... :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Anwille Win User

How can I extend my C drive in hp laptop; windows 10 from an unallocated space which is at...

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

How can I extend my C drive in hp laptop; windows 10 from an unallocated space which is at...

1. How can I extend my C drive in hp laptop; windows 10 from an unallocated space which is at... - Similar Threads - extend drive laptop

2. Cannot extend drives from unallocated space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot extend drives from unallocated space: Hello, i have 2 unallocated volumes but i can only extend from the 582 GB one.The 93 GB one doesnt wanna extend into the D: volume or the C: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-extend-drives-from-unallocated-space/9c96d0fc-23fc-4fdf-b892-49efbac43947
  3. how can i extend my c drive ?

how can i extend my c drive ?: i want to extend my c drive storage , it is full now and im not able to install or download any more files in c dive ? NEED HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-extend-my-c-drive/bbb1f2d4-c8f5-450f-ae4e-462a998bf02f
  4. extend c drive storage space

extend c drive storage space: c drive has fixed storage i:e 38 gb,now how to extend my storage data in c drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-c-drive-storage-space/b1ccba02-2e20-4360-acf5-94cefeb6890b
  5. Unallocated space on C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated space on C drive: I have an old laptop from 2010 (Acer Aspire 5740G-6395) that I had put to the side last year because my employer bought me a new laptop and the Acer was taking 10-15 minutes to boot. When I became aware of the low price of SSDs, for a tinkering project I picked up a 120gig...
  6. Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems

Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems: I fear my lack of knowledge might be creating a problem. Trying to help a friend with his W10 system. Disk 1 had partitions C: (System, boot,Page,...), and D: Instead of moving some data to D: he wanted the space D: occupied to be merged into C: I had him first verify...
  7. Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems: I fear my lack of knowledge might be creating a problem. Trying to help a friend with his W10 system. Disk 1 had partitions C: (System, boot,Page,...), and D: Instead of moving some data to D: he wanted the space D: occupied to be merged into C: I had him first verify...
  8. How can I use the unallocated space on...

How can I use the unallocated space on...: this disc to expand my C drive when I have a recovery partition in between. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-use-the-unallocated-space-on/d9c143d5-06c8-430a-8735-0a6b53a0f540"
  9. Extending disk space in drive c

Extending disk space in drive c: I want to extend my disk space in c but in the disk management I have a healthy oem partition in between which I can't delete or is it ok to delete this partition? So how to increase the disk space in c? here is the screenshot of the allocated disk space: [ATTACH]...
  10. How can I extend my hard drive space?

How can I extend my hard drive space?: I'm going under Computer Management>Disk Management and have deleted a partition which gave me the unallocated 48gb, and I'm trying to add that unallocated space to the main drive (C), and it's not letting me, When I right the C drive there is only a shrink volume option, the...