Windows 10: How can i extend my C drive volume to D

Discus and support How can i extend my C drive volume to D in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 and my C drive is almost full how can I extend the space to D so that I can install other apps to in my C drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mcgrady J, Jun 12, 2022.

1. Mcgrady J Win User

How can i extend my C drive volume to D

I am using Windows 10 and my C drive is almost full how can I extend the space to D so that I can install other apps to in my C drive

:)

Mcgrady J, Jun 12, 2022

2. OS (CHow can i extend my C drive volume to D :) Drive - Extending the Volume

I've recently purchased a new laptop and came across a problem regarding the storage volume. It seems there's an arbitrary partition where C: drive has 100GB allocated and the remaining 900GB+ is unallocated. When I tried to extend the volume of C: to include
    the 900GB, the option to extend the volume was grayed out and unusable.

Unfortunately, I just don't know enough to figure out why all that space is unallocated and why I can't extend the volume of the C: drive. Searching for the answer yielded a lot of suggestions for third-party software, but I'd like to avoid that solution
    if possible. Are there any other options?

Raseleanne, Jun 12, 2022
  3. Anwille Win User
    extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Jun 12, 2022
  4. Ehoward2 Win User

Drive C and Drive D

Windows C: is almost full; Drive D empty. I followed instructions on the forum and unallocated the space in Drive D. Now I cant extend volume in Drive C because the "extend volume" is greyed out. What do I do?

Ehoward2, Jun 12, 2022
Thema:

1. How can i extend my C drive volume to D - Similar Threads - extend drive volume

2. Can not extend C volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not extend C volume: After having cloned my original SSD 250GB to my new one 1TB i can not extend the C volume. the extend volume button is greyed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-extend-c-volume/34a94ca2-2de2-4b91-aa9f-03abbbbe44d4
  3. Can not extend C volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not extend C volume: After having cloned my original SSD 250GB to my new one 1TB i can not extend the C volume. the extend volume button is greyed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-extend-c-volume/34a94ca2-2de2-4b91-aa9f-03abbbbe44d4
  4. How can i extend my C drive volume to D

How can i extend my C drive volume to D: I am using Windows 10 and my C drive is almost full how can I extend the space to D so that I can install other apps to in my C drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-extend-my-c-drive-volume-to-d/60806b96-dcc3-42e7-b0fa-c091cac59d7f
  5. How can i extend my C drive volume to D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i extend my C drive volume to D: I am using Windows 10 and my C drive is almost full how can I extend the space to D so that I can install other apps to in my C drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-extend-my-c-drive-volume-to-d/60806b96-dcc3-42e7-b0fa-c091cac59d7f
  6. Extend Volume C Drive

Extend Volume C Drive: Hi i was able to shrink my D Drive storage volume. but, when I want to extend my C Drive, it is GREYED out. I can't select it. Anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume-c-drive/58720e3a-eb98-462e-8e6c-a559bb97fdc8
  7. how can i extend my c drive ?

how can i extend my c drive ?: i want to extend my c drive storage , it is full now and im not able to install or download any more files in c dive ? NEED HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-extend-my-c-drive/bbb1f2d4-c8f5-450f-ae4e-462a998bf02f
  8. I deleted D drive in order to extend c drive but c drive will not extend

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I deleted D drive in order to extend c drive but c drive will not extend: So I have 237gb of storage on my C drive and it is nearly full, my D drive has 931gb of storage and is completely empty. in an attempt to solve this problem I went online looking at different forums and articles and many recommended that I delete D drive so i can extend C...
  9. extending the volume of C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extending the volume of C drive: Inspite following the instruction of extending drives, i still find to have trouble doing the same. i want to extend the volume of c drive which is consuming 106.09 gb and i find difficult to install updates for windows..please help me resolve thi issue. with regards SID...
  10. Extend C: drive volume

Extend C: drive volume: Hi, I need some help trying to extend my C: drive volume. I removed the volume that had my Ubuntu because I don't need it anymore and I want Windows to have 1TB, not 500GB. This is what Disk Management looks like for me: [ATTACH]When I try to extend the C: volume, the option...