Windows 10: How can I extend the time before sleep mode occurs?

Discus and support How can I extend the time before sleep mode occurs? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I extend the time before sleep mode occurs?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by loulourizk, Sep 6, 2018.

1. How can I extend the time before sleep mode occurs?

How can I extend the time before sleep mode occurs?

:)

loulourizk, Sep 6, 2018

2. How to extend the time so that the computer doesn't go to sleep mode.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Select Change Plan settings under the preferred plan
      which you have selected.
    • Under Put the Computer to Sleep, select the time
      to extend or Select Never to keep the PC active.
    • Click Save Changes and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 6, 2018
  4. bass_gas Win User

Extended monitor does not come up on boot or coming out of sleep mode most of the time

Extended monitor does not come up on boot or coming out of sleep mode most of the time. Upon powering the extended monitor off and on several times it will come up. Display card is Nvidia GEForce 730. Worked fine with W7 but have had this problem ever
    since loading W10. Main monitor works fine all the time.

bass_gas, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I extend the time before sleep mode occurs? - Similar Threads - extend before sleep

2. Time zones change in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time zones change in sleep mode: Every time I put my PC into Sleep mode, when I wake it, it switches from Eastern to Pacific. When I go to the system settings, the time zones is greyed out, so I have to go to the command center to switch back the time zone. I went into power shell last night, but that didn't...
  3. Time zones change in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time zones change in sleep mode: Every time I put my PC into Sleep mode, when I wake it, it switches from Eastern to Pacific. When I go to the system settings, the time zones is greyed out, so I have to go to the command center to switch back the time zone. I went into power shell last night, but that didn't...
  4. Sleep mode starts before it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode starts before it should: The laptop goes to sleep before the prescribed times. I have tried many things and can't fix it. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-starts-before-it-should/fe9fd7ce-b45e-4b38-b0e2-080dd8539ee2
  5. Sleep mode starts before it should

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode starts before it should: The laptop goes to sleep before the prescribed times. I have tried many things and can't fix it. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-starts-before-it-should/fe9fd7ce-b45e-4b38-b0e2-080dd8539ee2
  6. How do I extend sleep mode - it moves into sleep mode too quickly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I extend sleep mode - it moves into sleep mode too quickly: How do I extend sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-sleep-mode-it-moves-into-sleep/af033ba5-f7ce-4728-ae6d-4d7d2d76d785
  7. How do I change the length of time before my computers goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the length of time before my computers goes to sleep?: How do I change the length of time before my computers goes to sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-length-of-time-before-my/a7cae792-8d40-451a-943a-1e6303bce93d
  8. Family Time - Can I extend time limits without the email?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family Time - Can I extend time limits without the email?: I would love to know if there is somewhere in the microsoft Family page where I can choose to extend screen time in different increments, like the email I get when my child asks for more time....
  9. I want to extend time screen goes balck and to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I want to extend time screen goes balck and to sleep: I want to extend time screen goes black and to sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-extend-time-screen-goes-balck-and-to/b09848ca-62e7-4341-95b2-dc8398a5dfcc"
  10. Laptop not going into sleep mode at times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not going into sleep mode at times: I've created a shortcut to put my computer to sleep. This will work a number of times then when I go to wake it up, I find the computer has completely shut down. I noticed the Power Button was giving me the same grief so I switched the Power Button from shutting down to...