Windows 10: how can I file an attachment from email to my documents?

Discus and support how can I file an attachment from email to my documents? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do move an email attachment to my documents file?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoannMckenna, Apr 26, 2019.

1. how can I file an attachment from email to my documents?

how do move an email attachment to my documents file?

:)

JoannMckenna, Apr 26, 2019

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Apr 26, 2019
  3. rlndcrn Win User
    Attaching a document from SkyDrive as to a Windows Phone email

OK...

I've never been able to do this. Here are the steps:

• Open a new outgoing email on my Windows phone
    • Choose the paperclip "Attach" icon
    • This opens up a window to "Choose Picture"
    • It does not allow me to choose documents from my SkyDrive
    I can go into SkyDrive and choose to share a document through email. However:

• this does not allow me to attach multiple documents, and
    • it does not allow me to attach a document when I'm responding to another email in an existing thread.
    These are real limitations.

Also, PDF documents are treated differently still. They are harder to attach.

I should be able to attach any document originating from an email.

Thanks. I hope that helps.

rlndcrn, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

how can I file an attachment from email to my documents?

Unable to attach documents to email error The following files couldn't be attached: IMG.pdf. Please try again later

Hi Mikalbe,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How are you accessing mail e.g. Mail app or Outlook?
    • Is the issue with a particular format of attachments?
    I suggest you to try attaching a different format of file and check if you are able to attach file and send mail. Also install all pending Windows updates and check. If the issue still persists follow the steps below.

App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run app troubleshooter for issues related to edge and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to attach files to email. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

how can I file an attachment from email to my documents?

1. how can I file an attachment from email to my documents? - Similar Threads - file attachment email

2. PDF Document Attachment to Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF Document Attachment to Email: When a save a document to my email the attachment does not have a PDF label on therefore the reciepent can't see the attachment. So when I save the document a second time it saves correctly. Please help* Moved from Community Center...
  3. PDF Document Attachment to Email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF Document Attachment to Email: When a save a document to my email the attachment does not have a PDF label on therefore the reciepent can't see the attachment. So when I save the document a second time it saves correctly. Please help* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Unable to attach documents to email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to attach documents to email: I have Windows 10, but do not have Office, therefore I am unable to use Word. I bought a word processor, called Atlantis a number of years ago, which works fine for me. However, to-day I wanted to attach a file from Atlantis and it came up in Gobbledegook. Is Microsoft...
  5. can not attach photo files to email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can not attach photo files to email: Trying to attach my photo file to email but with no luck. Went through different type of email accounts but still wont attach. Also, when trying to attach via direct email address through picture files nothing works, it will not let me type in address and none of the proper...
  6. I can not attachments or links in my email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can not attachments or links in my email: i cannot open links or attachments in email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-attachments-or-links-in-my-email/ebe53366-34b3-4670-b17f-35d3e5454161
  7. Can Not Attach a File to Email

Can Not Attach a File to Email: I composed a new e-mail and want to attach a file to send. The file will not attach. I read the instructions which I copied and attempted to paste here but that won't even work. Why is copy/cut paste not working along with not attaching files not working?...
  8. I can't attach a file from desktop to email.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't attach a file from desktop to email.: Gives me an error message that the location is not available. I can pull it up on my desktop to view, but not attach anything from there. This occurred after an update from Microsoft Windows 10....
  9. How do I email a document from my files?

How do I email a document from my files?: I am trying to send document (Steeler schedule) via e-mail. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-email-a-document-from-my-files/2194960d-405a-4ca9-bd65-0d7109bc4230"
  10. Can I send 3D files as an email attachment?

Can I send 3D files as an email attachment?: Can I send 3D files as an email attachment? I created mixed reality files but don’t know how to share them. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-send-3d-files-as-an-email-attachment/b58ebcd4-d93c-49fa-bf5f-488df0f0d394"