Windows 10: How can I find a simple windows desktop background?

Discus and support How can I find a simple windows desktop background? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've just installed Windows 10 and I'm looking for a desktop background similar to the simple Windows 7 light-blue-with-swishes that I had before. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LaurelS., Jan 7, 2019.

1. LaurelS. Win User

How can I find a simple windows desktop background?

I've just installed Windows 10 and I'm looking for a desktop background similar to the simple Windows 7 light-blue-with-swishes that I had before. The default Windows 10 design is fine, but the blue is depressingly dark. All the themes that I can find at the Microsoft store are pictures. Pretty, yes, but I don't want to be stimulated all the time. I could choose a plain colored background, but I want a little bit of design. Is there any place I can find designs as contrasted with pictures?

tia

las

:)

LaurelS., Jan 7, 2019

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

The thing is I have no spyware; I've done scans with different pieces of software and they all confirm this. The active desktop bit that was removed by Search & Destroy is, I think, a pure Windows thing and I've seen it being listed in Search & Destroy scans on both this and other PCs before.

The thing is that this time I was trying to be clever and pressed "delete" whereas before I just ignored it. I've undone the Active Desktop removal in Search & Destroy and also followed your tips above but it makes no difference - still no desktop background. Any other ideas or do I just wait until the next reformat?

Misiowiec, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I find a simple windows desktop background? - Similar Threads - find simple desktop

2. Purple background on desktop shortcuts - how can I remove this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purple background on desktop shortcuts - how can I remove this?: I am getting a purple background on the WhatsApp and Spotify has a green one desktop shortcuts see image. I tried downloading an ico file but they come out really pixelated and don't look good. How can I remove this background please note purple is my window theme, which is...
  3. where can I find simple instructions for one drive?

where can I find simple instructions for one drive?: Where can I find simple instructions for one drive?I have discovered that I have multiple one drive directories/folders:C:\Users\zekew\OneDrive\Desktop\OneDrive...
  4. How to find the current Desktop Background image in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to find the current Desktop Background image in Windows 11: [IMG]In this tutorial, we will show you how to find the location of the current Desktop Background image in Windows 11/10. It is very easy to set a desktop background or wallpaper. You can set a custom image or picture, play a picture slideshow, or display Windows Spotlight...
  5. how can I find a desktop photo

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how can I find a desktop photo: how can I find a desktop photo dated 9/10-10/10/21 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-find-a-desktop-photo/454e9fae-2f9e-46e5-a5a4-0ffd1d4fb7fb
  6. how can I find a desktop photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I find a desktop photo: how can I find a desktop photo dated 9/10-10/10/21 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-find-a-desktop-photo/454e9fae-2f9e-46e5-a5a4-0ffd1d4fb7fb
  7. how can I find a desktop photo

8. How can I find hidden programs running in the background?

How can I find hidden programs running in the background?: Is there a way to find hidden programs running in the background, on my Windows 10 laptop? I'm referring to programs that are set to not show up in Task manager or Process explorer. 137515
  9. How can I put a picture on my desktop - not as background

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I put a picture on my desktop - not as background: I have a picture I want to see on my desktop. I can only get it on the desktop as a shortcut to the file (jpg) containing the picture (and tiny icon) or as an ico file being a tiny icon too small to see properly. Note - I use small icons as I have a huge number on the...
  10. how can I choose the Theme pictures for Desktop Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can I choose the Theme pictures for Desktop Background: In W-7, I could go to the "Change the visuals and sounds on your computer" and click the "Desktop Background" Slide Show. once there, I could check or uncheck the pictures I wanted. In W-10, when I click "Desktop Background", I get the "Background" "Preview" window. There's...