Windows 10: How can I find hidden programs running in the background?

Discus and support How can I find hidden programs running in the background? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to find hidden programs running in the background, on my Windows 10 laptop? I'm referring to programs that are set to not show up in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by opal73, Jul 29, 2019.

1. opal73 Win User

How can I find hidden programs running in the background?

Is there a way to find hidden programs running in the background, on my Windows 10 laptop?
    I'm referring to programs that are set to not show up in Task manager or Process explorer.

:)

opal73, Jul 29, 2019

2. GPU not idling when program running in background

Whenever there is a program running in background like utorrent, the clock is stuck at 993mhz and the memory at 1500mhz..when I turn it off, the clocks are back to normal...need a fix ..drivers are the latest whql (not 337.5)..clock is measured from zotac firestorm..(use it for fan curve also..works flawlessly)..any suggestions will be appreciated..

ELiTRiGG3R, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Davidk03 Win User
    Program running a background process?

I'm running Corel Video Studio 2018, and it's updates function shows characteristics of a background process:

- the program has an auto check daily plus a manual option for updates

- manually checked, presented with an option of downloading an update and Ok'd, evidence of any activity vanishes from the program workspace, yet the connected internet modem activity light begins running hot as the download happens

- it's repeatable over several up-date cycles

The evidence seems to suggest a background activity - whilst the program/PC is free to use for other things. Several software packages do this.

However, a check in task manager/processes, show all, does not display any info of a related background process for any Corel or Video Studio program. If a background process is being used by the software, MUST it be listed in the task manager/processes
    list?

Platform is windows 7 home sp1 64bit plus the important patches.

Davidk03, Jul 29, 2019
  4. miamicx4 Win User

Switching off the Phone while programs running in the background

Can you name some of those models please? Do you think N93, N95, N96 may be in that list?

miamicx4, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I find hidden programs running in the background? - Similar Threads - find hidden programs

2. How can I find downloaded programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find downloaded programs?: I continue to find Windows 11 most user-unfriendly and frustrating. I any former OS, if I recall correctly, on installation of the OS I could instruct it to allow me to determine where a download program would be saved. In Windows 11, Settings > System > Storage > Where new...
  3. How can I find downloaded programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I find downloaded programs?: I continue to find Windows 11 most user-unfriendly and frustrating. I any former OS, if I recall correctly, on installation of the OS I could instruct it to allow me to determine where a download program would be saved. In Windows 11, Settings > System > Storage > Where new...
  4. how to run a program in background, hidden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to run a program in background, hidden: Hi all, I have an issue struggling me on my laptop. It seems I can't disable sleep/hibernation in any way. No chances, tried lots of things. Now I would like to try launching a small something, hidden (not to disturb or bother everything I'm doing), in background. Someone...
  5. how to run a program in background, hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    how to run a program in background, hidden: Hi all, I have an issue struggling me on my laptop. It seems I can't disable sleep/hibernation in any way. No chances, tried lots of things. Now I would like to try launching a small something, hidden (not to disturb or bother everything I'm doing), in background. Someone...
  6. How do find and get rid of hidden programs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do find and get rid of hidden programs?: For a few days now there has been a random program running hidden that plays audio of random ads... When opening up volume mixer it shows up as "try" and when I open up taskmanager it shows up as jtry.exe and another called new_.exe. If I use TaskManager to find the source...
  7. How to run a program automatically in background at startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to run a program automatically in background at startup?: I want to run a software that I had installed for my headphone but I don't want to open it again and again whenever I open my computer. So please suggest me some ideas. Note:- I want to run the software in background...
  8. How can I tell what is running in the background?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I tell what is running in the background?: How can I tell what is running in the background? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-tell-what-is-running-in-the-background/e4dd5085-39c1-4cdf-837b-2130f584f9bd
  9. close program running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    close program running in background: when I shut down, where is always a program running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-program-running-in-background/3f614455-a691-49db-ab18-65981ea0cd5f
  10. How do I find this program that's running on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I find this program that's running on startup?: I found this on startup, but I don't remember installing it. https://i.imgur.com/D353XMO.png I'd like to uninstall it, but it doesn't show up on programs and I can't find its location. I could disable it on startup, but I want to know where it is so I can uninstall....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. find hidden programs windows 10