Windows 10: How can I find my Office 2016 license in my Microsoft Account?

Discus and support How can I find my Office 2016 license in my Microsoft Account? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I first installed Office 2016 using the ISO. Then I signed in to it. Obviously since I haven't bought it digitally, it said it couldn't find the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by RK1997, Jan 27, 2020.

1. RK1997 Win User

How can I find my Office 2016 license in my Microsoft Account?

I first installed Office 2016 using the ISO. Then I signed in to it. Obviously since I haven't bought it digitally, it said it couldn't find the license. Then I entered the Product Key (bought from Amazon) and activated it over the internet. Do I always need to enter the Product Key in Office 2016 whenever I do a clean install of Windows 10? Doesn't it get attached to Microsoft Account like that of Windows 10 license? Currently if I go to Services and Subscription in my account, there's the expired version of Office 365 Home but no mention of Office 2016.

:)

RK1997, Jan 27, 2020

2. Microsoft Office 2016 asking for product key

You might have a KMS activated Office 2016 license installed. These normally require connecting to a Windows Server at your work place in order to reactivate. Another option might be signing in with your organization account and activate.

Which edition of Microsoft Office 2016 is it? You can find out by opening a Office 2016 application, click File > Account

As suggested, its probably best you contact your organizations System or Network Administrator; or Desktop Support for assistance.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Office 2016 programs are not grouped under Microsoft Office 2016

Hi,

To address your concern, you can compress the view of your Microsoft Office programs inside a single folder in the Start Menu. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
    • Right-click on a blank space, click New > Folder.
    • Rename the New Folder as Microsoft Office 2016 (or any name that you want).
    • Highlight all the Microsoft Office 2016 programs.
    • On your keyboard, press Ctrl + X (make sure that all programs are highlighted).
    • Double-click Microsoft Office 2016 folder (the folder that you've created).
    • On your keyboard, press Ctrl + V.
    • Wait until all the programs are moved to the new folder.
    • Check the Start Menu if the settings are saved.

Let us know the outcome after you perform steps above for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Microsoft Office 2016 installation, MSDN?

Please save the Office Software Protection Platform script to a text file with following command, enter the command exactly as shown here:

cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus >%userprofile%\Desktop\Office.txt

It saves license status on your desktop as Office.txt file.

Run the command in an elevated Command Prompt from inside Office 2016 installation folder:
    • Office 2016 32 bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16
    • Office 2016 64 bit: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16
    Upload the TXT file here as an attachment, I will check it. There's some information missing from extract you posted, I would need to see the full report before saying anything for sure. Notice that the report does not contain any personal information, it is safe to post it.

Related Tutorials Office License Management Tool

Thema:

1. How can I find my Office 2016 license in my Microsoft Account? - Similar Threads - find Office 2016

2. How do I find my licenses for MS office for mac

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I find my licenses for MS office for mac: How do I find my links numbers for Office for mac? I got a new computer and want to install it on my new mac laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-licenses-for-ms-office-for-mac/90e038a8-0024-4a89-84c0-c91b980b1054
  3. How do I find my licenses for MS office for mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find my licenses for MS office for mac: How do I find my links numbers for Office for mac? I got a new computer and want to install it on my new mac laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-licenses-for-ms-office-for-mac/90e038a8-0024-4a89-84c0-c91b980b1054
  4. How do I find my licenses for MS office for mac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to uninstall Microsoft Office 2016 volume license pack

How to uninstall Microsoft Office 2016 volume license pack: Hi, by mistake I installed the office2016 volume license pack, a tool which as I understood later is for KMS servers to configure etc, not for my personal pc. I use windows 10. There is nowhere any information by microsoft or others about how to uninstall it...or at least I...
  6. Where can I find my Windows License through my Microsoft Account

Where can I find my Windows License through my Microsoft Account: I bought a laptop back in 2017 that came with Windows 10. I made an account during the Windows setup which is the account I'm using right now. My laptop is broken right now and would probably need to reinstall windows. My question is where can I find my windows license...
  7. Microsoft office can't find my license for this application

Microsoft office can't find my license for this application: Microsoft office can't find my license for this application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-cant-find-my-license-for-this/ba4828ab-8a8b-4084-b872-63a0a0e8e010
  8. How can I link the Office account to my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I link the Office account to my microsoft account?: So I have a laptop with Office installed. The problem is that it was installed at the store where I bought it, and so the office account is linked to some microsoft account they created. Now that I'm using the computer, when I log in through my account into (say Word) then it...
  9. How do i find which microsoft account is linked to my license

How do i find which microsoft account is linked to my license: Hi I upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 a year back roughly. I am about to change my Internal hard disk. I am not sure which microsoft account in linked to my license. I can open my 2 accounts in browser but I cannot find which account is linked they do not mention it...
  10. Where can i find my license of Office personal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can i find my license of Office personal?: Where can i find my license of Office personal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/where-can-i-find-my-license-of-office-personal/2d4dcca7-4975-4153-aae6-8d6c116e672c