Windows 10: How can I find out how frequently I open a folder?

Discus and support How can I find out how frequently I open a folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there,Is there a program or script that I can use to monitor how often I open specific folders? Either frequency or # of times opened in total. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ahn Mur, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Ahn Mur Win User

How can I find out how frequently I open a folder?

Hi there,Is there a program or script that I can use to monitor how often I open specific folders? Either frequency or # of times opened in total. My objective is to more efficiently organize my folder hierarchy, and I would use this data to nest less-frequently use folders. Ideally, this program / script would allow me to select particular folders for analysis I don't want stats on every single folder on my computer as many of them are being accessed by software / system uses and are irrelevant to my organizational hierarchy. I'm running Windows 10. Thank you in advance!

:)

Ahn Mur, Nov 29, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 29, 2023
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Nov 29, 2023
  4. Jacko28 Win User

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

1. How can I find out how frequently I open a folder? - Similar Threads - find frequently open

2. How can I find out how frequently I open a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find out how frequently I open a folder?: Hi there,Is there a program or script that I can use to monitor how often I open specific folders? Either frequency or # of times opened in total. My objective is to more efficiently organize my folder hierarchy, and I would use this data to nest less-frequently use folders....
  3. How can I find out how frequently I open a folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I find out how frequently I open a folder?: Hi there,Is there a program or script that I can use to monitor how often I open specific folders? Either frequency or # of times opened in total. My objective is to more efficiently organize my folder hierarchy, and I would use this data to nest less-frequently use folders....
  4. Can I find out the time the a file was opened?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I find out the time the a file was opened?: I had saved personal data on a computer then started sharing it with a roommate but forgot to move or delete it. I tried to go to properties but I couldn’t find the time it was opened. I use windows 10...
  5. Can I find out the time the a file was opened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I find out the time the a file was opened?: I had saved personal data on a computer then started sharing it with a roommate but forgot to move or delete it. I tried to go to properties but I couldn’t find the time it was opened. I use windows 10...
  6. Can I find out the time the a file was opened?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How can I find it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I find it?: spend a lot of time, on the internet.One of the sites, I go to. You can download, panoramic pictures.If there's one picture you wanted? You click, save on. And give it, a name. Another picture, was different. It had, no save on.What it did, do. Was offer,a desktop...
  8. How can I find out whats downloading?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I find out whats downloading?: [ATTACH] Is this normal? No idea whats its downloading. https://preview.redd.it/msmiwqdkt8361.png?width=1535&format=png&auto=webp&s=909e440c047bc0dfbcd2b03a23ddb3daffe69106 submitted by /u/DolleO [link] [comments]...
  9. My sound is fading in and out frequently, how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My sound is fading in and out frequently, how can I fix it?: I have noticed this especially on YouTube and it will get quiet (when it shouldn't) for a few seconds before returning to a normal volume and I am quite annoyed by this, can anyone help?...
  10. How can I find out what is causing a Cmd Prompt to open and close?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I find out what is causing a Cmd Prompt to open and close?: I was on vacation for about 10 days, so I'm not sure exactly when an app/windows was updated but this problem definitely started in the last 2 weeks. I will be typing away in my editor or playing a game and I will see a Command Prompt open and close very fast. Sometimes it...