Windows 10: How can I find out what is running in back ground

Discus and support How can I find out what is running in back ground in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I find out what is running in back ground? How can I set my computer to let me know what is running in the background. I can hear something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alice Dancer, Feb 24, 2020.

1. How can I find out what is running in back ground

How can I find out what is running in back ground? How can I set my computer to let me know what is running in the background. I can hear something running sometimes. Since I am on a metered wifi I would Like to know

:)

Alice Dancer, Feb 24, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

stoping running programs

Hi,

There are certain apps in Windows that aren't possible to be stopped as they're needed by your system. If you want to stop certain apps to be stopped from running in the back ground, follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key, and type in "task manager".
    • Choose Task Manager > More details.
    • Right-click on the apps that you want to stop from running, and click on
      End task

Let us know what happens after following the suggestion.

John Sarc, Feb 24, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How can I find out what is running in back ground :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 24, 2020
  4. How can I find out what is running in back ground

Microsoft Jigsaw and Solitaire apps will not load and run

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with Windows store download and Windows updates too, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.

Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 3: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickWindows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 4:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

How can I find out what is running in back ground

1. How can I find out what is running in back ground - Similar Threads - find running ground

2. Not able to find back ground apps in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to find back ground apps in windows 11: Hello Sir/ Mam I have Asus Rog Strix G -17 .i am facing a problem in windows 11 .my apps don't have advanced options in it and I am also not able to find background apps option in my laptop.I want to disable background apps but this option is not there Please Help...
  3. Not able to find back ground apps in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to find back ground apps in windows 11: Hello Sir/ Mam I have Asus Rog Strix G -17 .i am facing a problem in windows 11 .my apps don't have advanced options in it and I am also not able to find background apps option in my laptop.I want to disable background apps but this option is not there Please Help...
  4. Back ground apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Back ground apps: How can I close background apps while laptop sleep windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-ground-apps/83df1849-2cc0-4004-9f8d-2f7daf901ff0
  5. back ground

in Windows 10 Customization
    back ground: Background turned black , don't know why or how to get back to original. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-ground/ffa8846b-b0dc-4286-a9f7-ecc3bae88e27
  6. I can only click on the back ground

I can only click on the back ground: help, on my laptop, i am I lying able to click on the backdoor, pls look at this https://photos.app.goo.gl/NQZ5hjtF2biQ696d9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-only-click-on-the-back-ground/921fef3b-94c9-44d6-ad47-833cd813f766
  7. How can I find out whats downloading?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I find out whats downloading?: [ATTACH] Is this normal? No idea whats its downloading. https://preview.redd.it/msmiwqdkt8361.png?width=1535&format=png&auto=webp&s=909e440c047bc0dfbcd2b03a23ddb3daffe69106 submitted by /u/DolleO [link] [comments]...
  8. Game start in back ground what can i do??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game start in back ground what can i do??: Hello i have a big probleme my game (BeamNG drive) start in the back ground because i can see the game in the task manager when i start it in steam nothing happen but my computer start heating and the fans get louder. So what can i do to put my game in the foreground ?...
  9. back ground

back ground: can you take a picture from a email and use for back ground https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-ground/841ad53a-c230-4f09-8981-ecc67c15cf64
  10. How can I find out what these "other" devices are?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I find out what these "other" devices are?: I gave up on trying to do a clean install, so I just deleted every single program in control panel. All of my drivers were either automatically updated or I was able to update them myself. These three are listed as unknown. The drivers won't update. I ran the Intel...