Windows 10: How can I find out why my system freezes from time to time?

Discus and support How can I find out why my system freezes from time to time? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 freezes from time to time. This happens while I am working with Microsoft apps (Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook) but also in Firefox or other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wsausw, Feb 16, 2019.

1. wsausw Win User

How can I find out why my system freezes from time to time?

My Windows 10 freezes from time to time. This happens while I am working with Microsoft apps (Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook) but also in Firefox or other apps. When it happens the notice "not responding" is shown and I can neither continue to work in the open app, nor can I stop it or switch to another app. The system simply stops responding. After a while it comes back and continues to work normally.

I would like to find the root cause for this behavior. Do I need to enable a special monitor or can I find respective information in log files which are generated anyway?

:)

wsausw, Feb 16, 2019

2. Can't able to change the system time

Hi,

If the system time is not changing after configuring the date and time settings on Control Panel, most likely, the BIOS clock is also incorrect. We suggest making sure that the date and time settings on your computer is properly configured. To configure
    the date and time settings, follow the steps below:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Click Date and Time.
    • Click Change date and time, then set the correct information.
    • Click Change time zone, then select the correct time zone.
    • Click Apply and then click OK.

If the system time still didn't change, we recommend that you contact the computer manufacturer for further assistance on how to check and configure the BIOS clock of your device.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Gerard Qui, Feb 16, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Feb 16, 2019
  4. How can I find out why my system freezes from time to time?

Windows time keeps resetting to a wrong time

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with your Windows Time, we would like to know the follow:

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, may we know what are those troubleshooting steps you have taken to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried checking the CMOS battery? It provides power to the Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) chip. This chip stores information about the system configuration, including the date and time. If no, we suggest that you replace the battery.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

How can I find out why my system freezes from time to time?

1. How can I find out why my system freezes from time to time? - Similar Threads - find why system

2. How can we find out why our cc was charged several times. I need to find out what this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can we find out why our cc was charged several times. I need to find out what this...: PLease help find out what these charges are on our CC from MSFT. 2/17/24 $ 15.002/17/24 $ 76.002/18/24 $ 11,047.492/18/24 $ 30.00 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-find-out-why-our-cc-was-charged-several/45ea8742-2446-4c52-9ba0-bcbe42f23c2b
  3. How can we find out why our cc was charged several times. I need to find out what this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can we find out why our cc was charged several times. I need to find out what this...: PLease help find out what these charges are on our CC from MSFT. 2/17/24 $ 15.002/17/24 $ 76.002/18/24 $ 11,047.492/18/24 $ 30.00 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-find-out-why-our-cc-was-charged-several/45ea8742-2446-4c52-9ba0-bcbe42f23c2b
  4. Can I find out the time the a file was opened?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I find out the time the a file was opened?: I had saved personal data on a computer then started sharing it with a roommate but forgot to move or delete it. I tried to go to properties but I couldn’t find the time it was opened. I use windows 10...
  5. Can I find out the time the a file was opened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I find out the time the a file was opened?: I had saved personal data on a computer then started sharing it with a roommate but forgot to move or delete it. I tried to go to properties but I couldn’t find the time it was opened. I use windows 10...
  6. Can I find out the time the a file was opened?

7. The system crashes from time to time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system crashes from time to time: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except.Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory.Arguments:Arg1: ffffcc1e465d9ff0, memory referenced.Arg2: 0000000000000000, X64: bit 0 set if...
  8. The system crashes from time to time

The system crashes from time to time: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except.Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory.Arguments:Arg1: ffffcc1e465d9ff0, memory referenced.Arg2: 0000000000000000, X64: bit 0 set if...
  9. The system crashes from time to time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Keyboard freezing from time to time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard freezing from time to time: I am currently running Windows 10 v 1909 but with an Update that was installed two or three weeks ago my keyboard began to freeze. At first, it was very subtle, but now it freezes every two or three seconds and the characters I typed appear all at once after waiting for some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system freezes time to time