Windows 10: How can I find the administrator login for my account?

Discus and support How can I find the administrator login for my account? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I find the administrator login for my account?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bianca Ellis, Sep 20, 2022.

1. How can I find the administrator login for my account?

How can I find the administrator login for my account?

:)

Bianca Ellis, Sep 20, 2022

2. Local Administrator account will not login

For Step 1, there was no option for requiring (or not requiring) a password.

I adjusted the account name, gave a new password, applied the change, then tried the login. That failed.

For Step 2, I created a new account, and made it an Administrator, but the login again failed.

For Step 3, the account was created, but the login failed again

.... frustrated, I re-enabled the built in Administrator account and was able to log in

I'd still like to know why these other accounts failed to login, though.

Richard Burr, Sep 20, 2022
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 removed administrator account named "Administrator"

Hi Lonna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Currently are on Windows 7 or Windows 10?

2) If you are on Windows 7, are you able to see the "Administrator" account in the PC?

If you are on Windows 10, try to follow the below steps and check.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 20, 2022
  4. How can I find the administrator login for my account?

Linking Microsoft Account to my Local Account Caused me to Lose Administrator Access

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Follow the below steps,

• Type User Accounts in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Change the User Accounts.

• Here you will be able to see all the user accounts on your computer.

• Select the User account and see if it is a Standard user account or Administrator.

• If it is standard user then, change it to Administrator.

• Now, log out from the Built-in Administrator account and try to log-in with your Administrator account.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 20, 2022
Thema:

How can I find the administrator login for my account?

1. How can I find the administrator login for my account? - Similar Threads - find administrator login

2. How can i find the administrator password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i find the administrator password?: I am trying to factory reset a laptop that was given to me but not wiped. It was given to me by my husband. It used to be his ex girlfriends from many years ago. He doesnt know much about it. It wont let me access the BIOS setup info unless i know that admin password. I have...
  3. How can i find the administrator password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i find the administrator password?: I am trying to factory reset a laptop that was given to me but not wiped. It was given to me by my husband. It used to be his ex girlfriends from many years ago. He doesnt know much about it. It wont let me access the BIOS setup info unless i know that admin password. I have...
  4. how can i change my account into an administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change my account into an administrator account: i know that standard account does not have the family and other user option and i have to sign in to the administrator account but i dont know how it seems that this pc only has one account and its what im using right now. teel me how to sign in to another account here...
  5. how can i change my account into an administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i change my account into an administrator account: i know that standard account does not have the family and other user option and i have to sign in to the administrator account but i dont know how it seems that this pc only has one account and its what im using right now. teel me how to sign in to another account here...
  6. How to login my administrator account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to login my administrator account?: I didn't put up any password for the administrator account and now it is not able sign in it just buffers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-login-my-administrator-account/84724ece-b80e-4daa-96cd-87a95761215b
  7. How to login my administrator account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to login my administrator account?: I didn't put up any password for the administrator account and now it is not able sign in it just buffers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-login-my-administrator-account/84724ece-b80e-4daa-96cd-87a95761215b
  8. How can I find the administrator login for my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find the administrator login for my account?: How can I find the administrator login for my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-find-the-administrator-login-for-my/18b8d5da-0505-4884-8abd-70f24244082c
  9. How can I find the administrator login for my account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I find the administrator login for my account?: How can I find the administrator login for my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-find-the-administrator-login-for-my/18b8d5da-0505-4884-8abd-70f24244082c
  10. how do I find my administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I find my administrator account: I can not find my administrator account name as I keep getting blocked out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-administrator-account/a1370575-5c3a-4a38-a79b-03fc609c2f9a