Windows 10: How can I find the image I saved as my lock screen?

Discus and support How can I find the image I saved as my lock screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; At some point I saved an image as my lock screen image. It's a drawing one of my kids did with my Surface pen. I'm about to replace my Surface device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JaneAudrey, Aug 15, 2019.

1. How can I find the image I saved as my lock screen?

At some point I saved an image as my lock screen image. It's a drawing one of my kids did with my Surface pen. I'm about to replace my Surface device and I want to keep this image but I can't find it anywhere and I can't see a way to locate it via the Personalisation/Lock Screen settings. If I click on Browse it just takes me to my Pictures folder, but the image isn't in there.

Is there any way to find that image so I can make sure it's backed up?

Thanks!

:)

JaneAudrey, Aug 15, 2019

2. Changing lock screen photos

Hi Kirk,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Lock screen.
    • In the right pane, select Pictures from the drop down list under
      Background.
    • Select the picture from the list or click on Browse to select your saved images and set as lock screen image.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 15, 2019
  4. How can I find the image I saved as my lock screen?

Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

How can I find the image I saved as my lock screen?

1. How can I find the image I saved as my lock screen? - Similar Threads - find image saved

2. How can I retrieve custom old lock screen image?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I retrieve custom old lock screen image?: I have an image that I have set as my lock screen background on an old device which has carried over across all my windows devices due to syncing. Since I no longer have access to the laptop which had the image originally and cannot find it online, I am wondering whether I...
  3. How can I retrieve custom old lock screen image?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I retrieve custom old lock screen image?: I have an image that I have set as my lock screen background on an old device which has carried over across all my windows devices due to syncing. Since I no longer have access to the laptop which had the image originally and cannot find it online, I am wondering whether I...
  4. Finding my customer lock screen image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding my customer lock screen image: Some years ago I got an extra wide monitor. I found an image I liked, and made it the background when the system is locked. That was at least a couple of generations of Windows ago. I have thousands upon thousands of jpeg files on the computer. I would like to find the jpeg...
  5. Finding my customer lock screen image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding my customer lock screen image: Some years ago I got an extra wide monitor. I found an image I liked, and made it the background when the system is locked. That was at least a couple of generations of Windows ago. I have thousands upon thousands of jpeg files on the computer. I would like to find the jpeg...
  6. How to save my lock screen image separately to disc

in Windows 10 Support
    How to save my lock screen image separately to disc: Windows 10. I cannot find the source of my lock screen image which I have had for a very long time. I have searched EVERY image on my computer. It is a very valuable image and I want to save it to disc (eg. as a separate independant jpg etc.) as a safety precaution in case it...
  7. How can I retrieve old lock screen background images.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I retrieve old lock screen background images.: There are a few images that I have lost my copy of, yet they still show up when I go to change my lock screen background's picture. Is there a way to retrieve a copy of these images? And if so, how?...
  8. How can I export my current lock screen image?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I export my current lock screen image?: I have put an image on my lock screen and want to export it to a new computer. I want to find where the file is located. I originated it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-export-my-current-lock-screen-image/c7f9c4c0-f027-4b5e-a5a9-95f84b1a756b
  9. Where can i find all of the images that windows set for my lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Where can i find all of the images that windows set for my lock screen: Hello, I have been trying to find an image that had "cowboys, trees and it was during the fall season". I was able to find the current images that windows uses for my PC's lock screen. However, I couldn't find the image I wanted. I know windows always replaces the lock...
  10. Find and Save Custom Lock Screen Background Images in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find and Save Custom Lock Screen Background Images in Windows 10: How to: Find and Save Custom Lock Screen Background Images in Windows 10 How to Find and Save Custom Lock Screen Background Images in Windows 10 The lock screen is the screen you see at startup and when you lock the computer. Users can select to use Windows...