Windows 10: How can I find the "network path" for my OneDrive folder/account? TOSHIBA e-STUDIO356...

Discus and support How can I find the "network path" for my OneDrive folder/account? TOSHIBA e-STUDIO356... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am setting up my TOSHIBA e-STUDIO356 Printer/Scanner and using TopAccess to have scanned documents be sent to an arbitrary network folder. In this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TKO Hamid, Jun 17, 2021.

1. TKO Hamid Win User

How can I find the "network path" for my OneDrive folder/account? TOSHIBA e-STUDIO356...

I am setting up my TOSHIBA e-STUDIO356 Printer/Scanner and using TopAccess to have scanned documents be sent to an arbitrary network folder. In this case, I want to setup my OneDrive, so that any scanned documents be sent to a folder in my OneDrive. In this case, what would I be putting for my Network Path? I understand the Login User Name and Password to be the OneDrive credentials, but how would I come up with a viable network path for my OneDrive folder?

:)

TKO Hamid, Jun 17, 2021

2. This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

The folders the you see on This PC are linked to your
    OneDrive
    account, therefore when you open the folder or file, the path automatically routes to OneDrive. To prevent this from happening, we suggest that you unlink your
    OneDrive account by following the steps provided in the previous post. Once you're done, you can then sign back in and change the path of your
    OneDrive folder.

NOTE: OneDrive can sync only with folders on a drive formatted with the NTFS file system, which is most commonly a hard disk drive on your computer, or an external hard disk drive. Portable storage, such as USB flash drives
    or solid state memory drives, use a different file system and won't sync with OneDrive.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jun 17, 2021
  3. pparks1 Win User
    OneDrive - Another over complicated product from Microsoft?

I recreated what I think you wanted on a virtual machine, in a very straightforward way. Here are my steps.

Step 1: Launch OneDrive for the first time. Click on the option at bottom to change the default location for my OneDrive to a second hard drive on my system. (if you already have oneDrive setup, go to settings and choose Unlink account to get back to this point).

How can I find the "network path" for my OneDrive folder/account? TOSHIBA e-STUDIO356... [​IMG]

Step #2. Create a OneDrive folder on my E:\ drive, and select it.
    How can I find the "network path" for my OneDrive folder/account? TOSHIBA e-STUDIO356... [​IMG]

Step #3. Go into newly created E:\OneDrive and create folders for Desktop, Documents and Pictures.

Step #4. Go to C:\users\user\{Desktop,Documents,Pictuers} and move them to your new E:\OneDrive\{Desktop,Documents,Pictuers}

Step #5. Run a test, using Quick access area, create a test file on the desktop folder.

Step #6. Now, go to E:\OneDrive\Desktop and verify that the file is really there

Step #7. Ensure the right folders are checked to Sync

Step #8. Optionally untick the Files on Demand feature to make 100% sure that the files are actually stored on your hard drive.

Seems pretty easy to me.

pparks1, Jun 17, 2021
  4. HairyFool Win User

How can I find the "network path" for my OneDrive folder/account? TOSHIBA e-STUDIO356...

Library Folders and Onedrive

Keith

I have now done the Location Move on the folders affected

One change has shown up. Previously even though a Folder location was changed the original folder remained, you suggested deleting it after removing it from the Library. In the past I have left it where it was to allow programs that refer to the Documents
    folder via the UNC path to still have somewhere to drop files.

However after the move I found the Library now only had one path listed (in OneDrive) and it had been removed from the original location. So the result is as you suggested but I didn't have to do it.

I know there was an issue with build 1809 deleting files when it removed the folder (there were none in mine anyway) but this computer is build 1803.

HairyFool, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

1. How can I find the "network path" for my OneDrive folder/account? TOSHIBA e-STUDIO356... - Similar Threads - find network path

2. I can't find the path to my download folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find the path to my download folder: I haven't had access to my download file for several weeks. I get an error message telling me that it can't be found. photo attachedWhether I click on the desktop shortcut or in the menu pane on this computer, I can't access it.French to english translation :Location not...
  3. I can't find the path to my download folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't find the path to my download folder: I haven't had access to my download file for several weeks. I get an error message telling me that it can't be found. photo attachedWhether I click on the desktop shortcut or in the menu pane on this computer, I can't access it.French to english translation :Location not...
  4. How can I change the network path to receive scans?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the network path to receive scans?: I have two computers with the same path network and only one is receiving the scans, I need to change the path network on the other computer. HELP PLEASE......
  5. How can I change the network path to receive scans?

How can I change the network path to receive scans?: I have two computers with the same path network and only one is receiving the scans, I need to change the path network on the other computer. HELP PLEASE......
  6. How can I change the network path to receive scans?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How can I backup different folders on my computer to two separate OneDrive accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I backup different folders on my computer to two separate OneDrive accounts?: My PC is set up with my personal email.I want to backup the Desktop folder to my university's OneDrive and the Documents and Pictures to my personal OneDrive. However, I don't want to change the account email to my uni's email; I want it to stay as my personal email. How can...
  8. How can I backup different folders on my computer to two separate OneDrive accounts?

How can I backup different folders on my computer to two separate OneDrive accounts?: My PC is set up with my personal email.I want to backup the Desktop folder to my university's OneDrive and the Documents and Pictures to my personal OneDrive. However, I don't want to change the account email to my uni's email; I want it to stay as my personal email. How can...
  9. How can I remove a OneDrive folder from an old account?

How can I remove a OneDrive folder from an old account?: I have multiple OneDrive folders, and the irony annoys me. One of these OneDrive accounts is from an organisation that I no longer work for.I want to remove the unused OneDrive folder shortcuts from Windows Explorer but they persist no matter what.I have tried:Unlinking the...
  10. i can not find my folder

i can not find my folder: i have win10. 4 days ago their was update for win. when the laptop was opened the desktop was changed may be it was temporaryi did not find my folders on the desktop. When i made search i found them on the user of mine on desktopi dragged them to the new desktop next morning...