Windows 10: How Can I Find The Number Of Files On C Drive?

Discus and support How Can I Find The Number Of Files On C Drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to know the number of files, all of them, on C:\ (not the amount of used space). *Tongue 102438 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by beau, Jan 15, 2018.

1. beau Win User

How Can I Find The Number Of Files On C Drive?

I need to know the number of files, all of them, on C:\ (not the amount of used space). *Tongue

:)

2. ricotren Win User

How can I increase the number of dynamic frequent folders shown in the quick access pane in windows 10?

It does not work for the recent folders shown by right-click on File Explorer on taskbar.

They are always the last four most recent folders shown only, under the section of the pinned Folders.

ricotren, Jan 15, 2018
  3. How can I increase the number of dynamic frequent folders shown in the quick access pane in windows 10?

Hi,

As suggested by Amrita Bhattacharjee in the previous reply to this post,
    I would recommend you posting your issue on the TechNet forums for better expertise. TechNet is looked at by amongst the best, Microsoft and other IT professionals in the world. The issues related to server, governed by group policies and other complex IT issues
    are mostly answered in that forum.

In addition to that, please feel free to post on this forum for any other of your issues with Windows on standalone systems in future. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks again for sharing!

Harkanwar Singh, Jan 15, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Right-click the C: drive icon and choose Properties. You won't see all of the files as Windows hides/protects the Operating System files unless in File Explorer you click, on the menu tab, View, Options, View tab and uncheck, or check, some things to make more files visible. When done be sure to go back and reset what you did.

Berton, Jan 15, 2018
  5. beau Win User
    <<Right-click the C: drive icon and choose Properties.>>
    Hmmm, this is all I get:

How Can I Find The Number Of Files On C Drive? [​IMG]

6. Berton Win User
    As I said, in File Explorer [or the older Windows Explorer] go to the Menu bar, click View, at the right end click Options then click the middle or View tab. Oops, I originally said menu tab, meant Menu bar.

Berton, Jan 15, 2018
  7. beau Win User
    When I click "Options" the only things in the drop-down are "Change folder and search options" and "LastPass Toolbar"

and choosing "Change folder and search options" > View brings up

but I don't see anything about the number of files.

Thanks for looking into this, Berton, sorry if I'm a bit dense about it *cry

8. f14tomcat Win User

@beau

For a quick down and dirty, at admin command prompt, type chkdsk C:
    You'll get this which includes number of files. There are 3rd party tools also, like Windirstat.
    WinDirStat - Windows Directory Statistics

Code: C:\Users\dhubb\Desktop>chkdsk c: The type of the file system is NTFS. Volume label is Win 10 RTM. WARNING! /F parameter not specified. Running CHKDSK in read-only mode. Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 409344 file records processed. File verification completed. 10007 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed. Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 24144 reparse records processed. 499148 index entries processed. Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found. 24144 reparse records processed. Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ... Security descriptor verification completed. 44903 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 33606208 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed. Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems. No further action is required. 100112288 KB total disk space. 41658256 KB in 191223 files. 133156 KB in 44904 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 519844 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 57801032 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 25028072 total allocation units on disk. 14450258 allocation units available on disk. C:\Users\dhubb\Desktop>[/quote]

f14tomcat, Jan 15, 2018
  9. stormy13 Win User
    stormy13, Jan 15, 2018
  10. Barman58 Win User
    Set the folder options to show hidden [Not done for image below ]

Open C:from file manager

Press Ctrl+A to select all folders/files in C:\

Right click select properties

Barman58, Jan 15, 2018
  11. beau Win User
    Thanks f14tomcat and stormy13 ~
    I used to use both WinDirStat and TreeSizeFree several years ago, I've just downloaded the latest of each and I'll give 'em a try *Thumbs

Thema:

1. How Can I Find The Number Of Files On C Drive? - Similar Threads - Find Number Files

2. How to find the C: drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to find the C: drive in Windows 10: I have scarcely used the C: prompt in ages. How do I access it within the Windows 10 system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-the-c-drive-in-windows-10/a18417cb-6150-47bc-b971-d8b2d55ab64e
  3. How to find the C: drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find the C: drive in Windows 10: I have scarcely used the C: prompt in ages. How do I access it within the Windows 10 system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-the-c-drive-in-windows-10/a18417cb-6150-47bc-b971-d8b2d55ab64e
  4. How to find the C: drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to find Key ID of C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find Key ID of C drive: Hello,I turned bitlocker on C driver. But now when I start system, my computer can't show the place to input password and then become blue.So I enter PE system to solve the problem, but I need to unlock C driver. I store the recovery codes, but I don't know which one to...
  6. How to find Key ID of C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find Key ID of C drive: Hello,I turned bitlocker on C driver. But now when I start system, my computer can't show the place to input password and then become blue.So I enter PE system to solve the problem, but I need to unlock C driver. I store the recovery codes, but I don't know which one to...
  7. How to find Key ID of C drive

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Finding C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Finding C drive: How do I delete a file from C drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-c-drive/3820601d-2f5a-4cda-a250-163718d722aa
  9. How do I find which partition is Drive C?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I find which partition is Drive C?: I'm getting the BSOD and none of the advance options are working. I created a bootable drive and am reinstalling windows. There are 2 options: 1. Upgrade, but this option isn't working because I need to do it when I start windows normally. Which I can't do because I have BSOD...
  10. How to find a file with a specific row of numbers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to find a file with a specific row of numbers?: Suppose I've a folder. In that folder, there is a file whose the name is "thing291018". I want to find that file but I only remember that the file contains 1018 in its name. So I'm typing 1018 in the search box of the folder. Problem is Windows 10 finds nothing. The only...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i want to search for files on the the c drive