Windows 10: How can I fix CORTANA HIGH CPU USAGE after Win 10 KB4512941 Update?

Discus and support How can I fix CORTANA HIGH CPU USAGE after Win 10 KB4512941 Update? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since this Win 10 KB4512941 update Cortana is consistently using High CPU. And Search Function which now doesn't work and reinitiates High CPU usage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by schmidthouse, Aug 31, 2019.

1. How can I fix CORTANA HIGH CPU USAGE after Win 10 KB4512941 Update?

Since this Win 10 KB4512941 update Cortana is consistently using High CPU.
    And Search Function which now doesn't work and reinitiates High CPU usage
    How can I fix this issue?
    Is Microsoft going to release a fix as MANY users are experiencing this problem

:)

schmidthouse, Aug 31, 2019

2. Windows 10 High CPU usage Fix

Hi i'm writing here to post an answer to the Windows 10 High CPU issue that i found and also ask the Microsoft Team why does this occur so i can understand it.

So to the answer; my CPU usage all of the sudden became high over the last few weeks, i'd tried to trouble shoot as others and Microsoft had suggested, though nothing worked. Microsoft has suggested to create a new account and transfer files which also proved
    fruitless after transferring files as explorer.exe again consumed high CPU usage. It was just luck that i stumbled across the solution in one of these threads that linked to an answer from 2011.

Firstly i just want to state that i did download process explorer and it had revealed it was explorer.exe causing high CPU usage and not a .dll file.

The solution:

Broken icons on desktop. That's it. After reading The Solution i found i had 3 desktop files with no
    icons at all. I deleted these three files (two shortcuts, one PDF) and instantly the CPU usage by explorer.exe dropped from a constant 38-40% down to 0.2%

I was wondering if someone or Microsoft might be able to clarify what causes this to actually happen?

Thank you

jeremymeehan, Aug 31, 2019
  3. High CPU usage in windows 10

Hello,

See if other suggestions mentioned here helps you:

[FIX] Windows 10 High CPU Usage Problem

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 31, 2019
  4. How can I fix CORTANA HIGH CPU USAGE after Win 10 KB4512941 Update?

WIN10 1703 update cause Explorer.exe high CPU usage

Hi,

Glad you reached out. First, we would like to know if Explorer.exe
    is the only cause of high CPU usage. Because the common cause of high CPU usage are the following:

- Windows 10 Memory leak after the update.

- Driver incompatibilities after the update.

- Multiple startup applications

We'll be waiting for your update.

Richard tie, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

How can I fix CORTANA HIGH CPU USAGE after Win 10 KB4512941 Update?

1. How can I fix CORTANA HIGH CPU USAGE after Win 10 KB4512941 Update? - Similar Threads - fix CORTANA HIGH

2. Windows 10 high cpu usage after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 high cpu usage after update: [ATTACH] Hello , did anyone experienced high cpu usage after windows update i cant even acces desktop, fan are runing full speed , after 9 MIN from boot task manager opened up just to see cpu usage 90% to 70% after 15 min cpu usage drops to 40% In the update i remember it...
  3. High CPU usage after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage after update: So i was on Windows 10 version 21H1 when i saw that there was an update, before i updated my CPU temp was idling at about 30-40 degrees, but after i have updated my CPU temp started to idle at about 60 degrees with the same CPU usage as before, could anyone tell me why? and...
  4. My Cortana is running at around 40% ("Very High") after installing KB4512941 and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Cortana is running at around 40% ("Very High") after installing KB4512941 and...: I installed these updates manually yesterday. When I checked MS later on, I found that many people were having high CPU usage after installing. Cortana is very high and CPU usage is about 50% with no programs, other than those loaded at startup, running. I don't use Cortana....
  5. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 KB4512941 causes high CPU usage

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 KB4512941 causes high CPU usage: Windows 10 KB4512941, which is the most recent cumulative update released by Microsoft for Windows 10 version 1903, is causing high CPU usage for some users. After a number of reports and media coverage, the firm has acknowledged the problem. The next batch of Windows 10...
  6. How can I fix CORTANA HIGH CPU USAGE after Win 10 KB4512941 Update?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I fix CORTANA HIGH CPU USAGE after Win 10 KB4512941 Update?: Since this Win 10 KB4512941 update Cortana is consistantly using High CPU How can I fix this issue? Is Microsoft going to release a fix as MANY users are experiencing this problem 139588
  7. Windows 10 KB4512941 (Build 18362.329) is causing high CPU usage

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4512941 (Build 18362.329) is causing high CPU usage: Microsoft has just shipped Windows 10 KB4512941 to anyone who hits the ‘Check for updates’ button in Windows Update and click on the new ‘Download and install now’ option, which has been made available for optional updates or feature updates. Windows 10 KB4512941 fixes the...
  8. Windows 10 High CPU usage Fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 High CPU usage Fix: Hi i'm writing here to post an answer to the Windows 10 High CPU issue that i found and also ask the Microsoft Team why does this occur so i can understand it. So to the answer; my CPU usage all of the sudden became high over the last few weeks, i'd tried to trouble shoot...
  9. High Idle CPU Usage After Win 10 Reset and Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Idle CPU Usage After Win 10 Reset and Update: Hello! I am having a bit of trouble with high idle cpu usage after resetting Windows 10 and installing updates. [img] I am unsure how to troubleshoot this type of service usage. I ask for assistance to resolve this. Thanks! 112123
  10. Windows 10 High CPU Usage After Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 High CPU Usage After Update: Hey all I've been using W10 for a couple of months.. No big problems so after. After last week's updates, the cpu usage is around 20% idle. Which would be around 4-5% normally. My computer is always hot and fans do not stop. Anyone with a similar issue? No malwares...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cortana cpu usage

2. cortana not working high cpu usage windows 10 fix

3. windows 10 18362.329 cortana high cpu

4. after kb4512941 cortana no longer works,
  5. 1903 update cortana 45% cpu usage and search not working?