Windows 10: How can I fix display settings on Windows 11 for "Extend these displays"?

Discus and support How can I fix display settings on Windows 11 for "Extend these displays"? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have connected a second monitor to my Windows 11 laptop. I unselected "Make this my main display" on the laptop and cannot correct the issue. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kayla_1006, Feb 27, 2024.

1. How can I fix display settings on Windows 11 for "Extend these displays"?

I have connected a second monitor to my Windows 11 laptop. I unselected "Make this my main display" on the laptop and cannot correct the issue. The mouse curser will not move to the laptop, only the second monitor.The display settings only opens on the laptop, not the second monitor. I have unplugged and plugged in the HDMI cord. I have reset the laptop. How can I get the curser to move on both laptops, and how can I fix the display settings to use two monitors?

:)

Kayla_1006, Feb 27, 2024

2. Icons appearing on extended display instead of main display | Windows 11 v22H2

Hello everyone,

One of our user is facing issue with display settings. All of his icons are appearing on extended display.

1. We checked the display properties and set the extended display as main display and rolled back.
    2. Cleared the iconcache (IconCache.db) under the folder AppData.
    3. Disabled the Auto arrange icons and enabled it back again,
    4. All the drivers along with BIOS are up to date on the system.
    Still the issue is not getting resolved.
    Don't want to move the icons manually and leave one item behing.
    Please suggest any permanent fix for this issue.

Thanks,
    Pramod.

Pramod Kumar (Talent Formula), Feb 27, 2024
  3. no audio on extended display

We would like to know more information from your end to know what is the next possible step that we can offer for you to resolve your issue.

• Were you able to get an audio on your extended display before? Or is this the first time that you will set up an extended display with your computer?
    • Aside from the HDMI cable, have you tried using VGA cable instead to connect to your extended display?
    • Can you verify if you have any audio on your speakers if you are not connected to the extended display?

We look forward to your reply.

Jarius Tol, Feb 27, 2024
  4. How can I fix display settings on Windows 11 for "Extend these displays"?

Windows 11 extended display randomly switches off.

I have a Windows 11 Helios 300 laptop with an Nvidia 2060.

It was working fine with an extended display but recently the extended display randomly turns on and off. If I set it to duplicate this stops. The only fix I have is restarting the laptop but then again after some time, the problem comes back when the display is on the extended mode.

DeshanPerera, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

How can I fix display settings on Windows 11 for "Extend these displays"?

1. How can I fix display settings on Windows 11 for "Extend these displays"? - Similar Threads - fix display settings

2. How can I fix display settings on Windows 11 for "Extend these displays"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix display settings on Windows 11 for "Extend these displays"?: I have connected a second monitor to my Windows 11 laptop. I unselected "Make this my main display" on the laptop and cannot correct the issue. The mouse curser will not move to the laptop, only the second monitor.The display settings only opens on the laptop, not the second...
  3. Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?: I have 3 displays and I would like to be able to extend Display 1 to Display 2 and mirror what is on Display 2 on Display 3. Can I do this?I need this to see the slides on a screen and the slideshow on another screen and on a projector....
  4. Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?

Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?: I have 3 displays and I would like to be able to extend Display 1 to Display 2 and mirror what is on Display 2 on Display 3. Can I do this?I need this to see the slides on a screen and the slideshow on another screen and on a projector....
  5. I cannot seem to extend my display. Followed display settings then multiple displays then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot seem to extend my display. Followed display settings then multiple displays then...: I cannot seem to extend my displays. clicked display settings then multiple displays then extend displays. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-seem-to-extend-my-display-followed/8dd091e3-682d-47e4-a41f-94d873e374d7
  6. I cannot seem to extend my display. Followed display settings then multiple displays then...

I cannot seem to extend my display. Followed display settings then multiple displays then...: I cannot seem to extend my displays. clicked display settings then multiple displays then extend displays. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-seem-to-extend-my-display-followed/8dd091e3-682d-47e4-a41f-94d873e374d7
  7. Extended display screen frozen, but this display is not detected in the display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extended display screen frozen, but this display is not detected in the display settings: Hi all, Recently come across an issue at work involving a laptop with 2 attached monitors using extended display. 1 display is frozen on a pdf doc and can't even hover the mouse to that screen. Strange thing is, when i open display settings, this display isn't even...
  8. How to fix Windows10 - Multiple Displays Extended display?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix Windows10 - Multiple Displays Extended display?: I have surface laptop 2 with 2 external HP Monitors connected via a SURFACE dock. I am facing an issue where my monitors go to sleep and the windows all move to the laptop screen. When I turn on the monitors, I have to drag each window from the laptop screen back on the...
  9. Extend Display Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extend Display Settings: Hello. I want to ask what to do with my laptop. The situation is that. . when I click on the 'Extend' in the projection settings, the one that will show up in my laptop screen is just the background wallpaper, while the one being projected is that which is should be on my...
  10. Extended Display Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extended Display Settings: I was going through the display settings in my laptop to connect to a projector. After I selected 'Extend to all screens', I accidently selected 'keep changes' instead of 'revert'. Now, I'm not able to select the display settings options. I really could use some help...