Windows 10: How can I fix getting a BSOD whenever I stop charging my laptop?

Discus and support How can I fix getting a BSOD whenever I stop charging my laptop? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop crashes and I get a BSOD instantly after taking out the charger on my laptop. The stop code is "DRIVER_STATE_POWER_FAILURE" and I have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by baeguru, Nov 18, 2021.

1. baeguru Win User

How can I fix getting a BSOD whenever I stop charging my laptop?

My laptop crashes and I get a BSOD instantly after taking out the charger on my laptop. The stop code is "DRIVER_STATE_POWER_FAILURE" and I have no idea how to fix it. I searched up solutions online but wasn't able to find anything. How should I fix this? I also recently installed a new internal SSD but I was getting the BSODs before having the SSD installed.The .zip file for the minidumps and msinfo:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Agbmmtg9hvXuhUhjYwzl6FvDSeZv?e=LdCZPm

:)

baeguru, Nov 18, 2021

2. PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING WINDOWS 10, ASUS LAPTOP

• hi sir/ ladies,

Recently my laptop stopped charging when the battery meter reach 74% (before it was 94% then it become 84% next is 81% and finally 74%), can anyone tell me how to fix it. i try different solution in internet such as STEP 1: device manager STEP 2: Battery STEP
      3: Uninstall 2nd option in battery STEP 4: Scan for hardware changes and so on BUT it also didn't fix the battery issues in my laptop.

thank you, sorry for my bad english.

P

microsoftineedhelp0911, Nov 18, 2021
  3. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

How can I fix getting a BSOD whenever I stop charging my laptop? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Nov 18, 2021
  4. How can I fix getting a BSOD whenever I stop charging my laptop?

Laptop charging icon shows charging even when my charger is not plugged in

Hi, thank you for your suggestion. I followed all the steps mentioned by you. The issue stopped temporarily. The issue started again today. The moment I switched the laptop on, the charging icon was showing that the laptop is charging even though the charger
    was not plugged in. The charging light was also on. I had to plug in the charger and switch it on and off to stop this automatic charging.

Is there any other way to solve this issue? Also, is there a chance that there is bug in the latest update?

I am worried that my laptop battery will get spoiled.

Andrea StephenyPinto, Nov 18, 2021
Thema:

How can I fix getting a BSOD whenever I stop charging my laptop?

1. How can I fix getting a BSOD whenever I stop charging my laptop? - Similar Threads - fix getting BSOD

2. How can I get my battery to charge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my battery to charge?: Battery is not charging even though it is plugged. It has been showing I only have 8% left. I get a message that says it does not recognize the adapter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-battery-to-charge/5ef8eac9-c647-4a9c-85b1-431320432187
  3. How can I get my battery to charge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get my battery to charge?: Battery is not charging even though it is plugged. It has been showing I only have 8% left. I get a message that says it does not recognize the adapter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-battery-to-charge/5ef8eac9-c647-4a9c-85b1-431320432187
  4. How can I get my battery to charge?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My laptop keeps getting BSOD, how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps getting BSOD, how can I fix it?: Hello,my laptop has been getting the same problem for months, it gets better sometimes especially last week, I thought the problem was fixed after I did sfc scan. It says it found corrupted files and it already fixed.But these past 3 days my laptop keeps getting problems such...
  6. My laptop keeps getting BSOD, how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps getting BSOD, how can I fix it?: Hello,my laptop has been getting the same problem for months, it gets better sometimes especially last week, I thought the problem was fixed after I did sfc scan. It says it found corrupted files and it already fixed.But these past 3 days my laptop keeps getting problems such...
  7. My laptop keeps getting BSOD, how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How can I fix getting a BSOD whenever I stop charging my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix getting a BSOD whenever I stop charging my laptop?: My laptop crashes and I get a BSOD instantly after taking out the charger on my laptop. The stop code is "DRIVER_STATE_POWER_FAILURE" and I have no idea how to fix it. I searched up solutions online but wasn't able to find anything. How should I fix this? I also recently...
  9. How can I fix getting a BSOD whenever I stop charging my laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I fix getting a BSOD whenever I stop charging my laptop?: My laptop crashes and I get a BSOD instantly after taking out the charger on my laptop. The stop code is "DRIVER_STATE_POWER_FAILURE" and I have no idea how to fix it. I searched up solutions online but wasn't able to find anything. How should I fix this? I also recently...
  10. Whenever I am charging my laptop it BSOD's saying Attempted_to_write_readonly_memory and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Whenever I am charging my laptop it BSOD's saying Attempted_to_write_readonly_memory and...: Every time I charge my laptop, after a while of using it, the laptop BSOD's and says Attempted_to_write_readonly_memory, with ia.stor,sys was what went wrong. Specs: LAPTOP-FE7BOUPI IntelR CoreTM i5-1035G4 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.50GHz 12.0 GB 11.8 GB usable...