Windows 10: How can I fix lagging software?

Discus and support How can I fix lagging software? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've downloaded and installed QGIS. This is the only software I have problem with. It lags a lot. When it loads, it'll take 30 seconds, then when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vgkfan83, Mar 23, 2019.

1. vgkfan83 Win User

How can I fix lagging software?

I've downloaded and installed QGIS. This is the only software I have problem with. It lags a lot. When it loads, it'll take 30 seconds, then when I click on the menu on the left side to navigate to certain folders, it lags for like 10-15 seconds before it will choose that folder. I've tried everything I can think of. I have a 250GB SSD, 16GB RAM, and an 8-core processor. I should NOT have any lag.

:)

vgkfan83, Mar 23, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 23, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I fix lagging software? - Similar Threads - fix lagging software

2. how do I fix game lag?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I fix game lag?: when I go on games such as roblox, minecraft etc. Everyone in the game just freezes then starts moving again a few secs later. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-game-lag/deded295-8150-41c0-9945-b86fc05dfb8c
  3. How do I fix mouse lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I fix mouse lag: This really isn't a question. But I have seen it all over the net. Frustrated with mouse lag. I have followed all tips, advice and you name it. So I decided to just read comments all over. No luck. My mouse lag was horrible after updates along with slow keyboard. Finely after...
  4. How do I fix mouse lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix mouse lag: This really isn't a question. But I have seen it all over the net. Frustrated with mouse lag. I have followed all tips, advice and you name it. So I decided to just read comments all over. No luck. My mouse lag was horrible after updates along with slow keyboard. Finely after...
  5. How do I fix mouse lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How i can fix this? >Microsoft store lag<

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How i can fix this? >Microsoft store lag<: Yo so i have this lag where microsoft store just jumps on my screen i cant shut it down and it always comes back on my screen. It all started when i launched my minecraft launcher and i cant do anything, i restarted my computer but it didint help at ll***Moved from Gaming and...
  7. How i can fix this? >Microsoft store lag<

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How i can fix this? >Microsoft store lag<: Yo so i have this lag where microsoft store just jumps on my screen i cant shut it down and it always comes back on my screen. It all started when i launched my minecraft launcher and i cant do anything, i restarted my computer but it didint help at ll...
  8. How i can fix this? >Microsoft store lag<

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How i can fix this? >Microsoft store lag<: Yo so i have this lag where microsoft store just jumps on my screen i cant shut it down and it always comes back on my screen. It all started when i launched my minecraft launcher and i cant do anything, i restarted my computer but it didint help at ll...
  9. How do i fix lag in Grounded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix lag in Grounded: So i downloaded Grounded for PC through the xbox game pass and for some reason the game gets very stuttery and lose lots of frames, i beat the minimum and reccomended system specs and i tried playing on lower graphic settings but doesnt help, got any solutions?...
  10. How can I fix bluetooth audio lag in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I fix bluetooth audio lag in windows 10?: I recently bought pTron Bassbuds pro bluetooth earbuds. They work fine for android but there's a lot of lag on my windows 10 (Asus TUF A15) laptop which is also new. When I use Earbuds as just headphones(only speakers) lag doesn't occur but when I use them as headset(speaker...