Windows 10: How can i fix my keyboard?

Discus and support How can i fix my keyboard? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi my keyboard has been fine for a long time and i also have this issue with other keybosards. Sometimes it will type random letters, open tabs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThreePage886492, Aug 16, 2019.

1. How can i fix my keyboard?

Hi my keyboard has been fine for a long time and i also have this issue with other keybosards.

Sometimes it will type random letters, open tabs, close tabs etc like it his thinking i am inputting keyboard shortcuts like alt f4. This is very odd and i have tried tro reinstall drivers for my keyboard but as it happens with other keyboards too i assume its something else.

"Íííááéá

€úÁé"

If anybody could help, that would be great!!

Also, every time i press space it comes up with "restore move size minimise maximise new tab etc".

Thanks

:)

ThreePage886492, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 16, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

How can i fix my keyboard?

How to fix emoji keyboard not showing up using shortcut

Hi,

This issue is often caused by a corrupted or missing data file. To better isolate if this is a user profile specific or an emerging issue, we suggest that you create a new user profile and try to use the same keyboard shortcut to get the emoji keyboard to
    show up. Here's the link for the steps on how to:
    Set up accounts

In the meantime, we'll give you the steps for a workaround to access the emojis. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Taskbar.
    • Select the Show touch keyboard button option and a keyboard icon will show up on your
      Taskbar.
    • Click the keyboard icon and select the emoji button.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

How can i fix my keyboard?

1. How can i fix my keyboard? - Similar Threads - fix keyboard

2. Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing: I have tried multiple methods to get this to stop but nothing works and its driving me crazy. please someone help with this problem.my keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Elite and im running on Windows 11....
  3. Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing: I have tried multiple methods to get this to stop but nothing works and its driving me crazy. please someone help with this problem.my keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Elite and im running on Windows 11....
  4. Someone please help me fix my keyboard

Someone please help me fix my keyboard: i needed a usb keyboard for my laptop,so i got a usb mechanical ziyoulang gaming keyboard.i plugged it into my laptop and it worked perfectly fine for about 5 seconds or so then it stopped working. I tested it on another laptop, and it worked perfectly fine and didnt stop...
  5. Someone please help me fix my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone please help me fix my keyboard: i needed a usb keyboard for my laptop,so i got a usb mechanical ziyoulang gaming keyboard.i plugged it into my laptop and it worked perfectly fine for about 5 seconds or so then it stopped working. I tested it on another laptop, and it worked perfectly fine and didnt stop...
  6. How to fix my keyboard

How to fix my keyboard: Like if I press a key that is called "d" it will shut down my PC and if I press a key it will type two letters and it's so annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-my-keyboard/4e74d6b5-0154-4ede-bf61-d25a19d048c6
  7. How to fix my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my keyboard: Like if I press a key that is called "d" it will shut down my PC and if I press a key it will type two letters and it's so annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-my-keyboard/4e74d6b5-0154-4ede-bf61-d25a19d048c6
  8. How to fix not working keyboard all keys while in automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix not working keyboard all keys while in automatic repair.: I am almost recovering my PC from automatic repair with no cursor and just finding the recovery key and then suddenly the keyboard have a problem also, now I'm stuck with this. I am looking for any feedbacks and videos from people of how to fix it, I came through here and...
  9. How to fix not working keyboard all keys while in automatic repair.

How to fix not working keyboard all keys while in automatic repair.: I am almost recovering my PC from automatic repair with no cursor and just finding the recovery key and then suddenly the keyboard have a problem also, now I'm stuck with this. I am looking for any feedbacks and videos from people of how to fix it, I came through here and...
  10. How to fix not working keyboard all keys while in automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade