Windows 10: How can I fix my Microphone properties?

Discus and support How can I fix my Microphone properties? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everytime I am about change my microphone settings in windows 10, the sounds menu just freezes and closes and nothing comes up after that I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Big oof, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Big oof Win User

How can I fix my Microphone properties?

Everytime I am about change my microphone settings in windows 10, the sounds menu just freezes and closes and nothing comes up after that

I have tried

- repairing windows wth media cretion tool

- reinstalling microphone drivers

-rebooting multiple times

I really don't want to reinstall windows because of this. The problem started showing up after last windows update.

:)

Big oof, Jan 22, 2019
  2. hellrazor Win User

Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, Jan 22, 2019
  3. USB headset microphone not working

Hi,

This issue could have happened due to settings of your Microphone. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you check your Microphone is not disabled and set as default. You can follow these steps to check your microphone settings:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Jan 22, 2019
  4. How can I fix my Microphone properties?

microphon

Hi Hassan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If a mic connected to this computer isn’t working properly then it’s likely a settings problem.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom-right part of the screen.

• Click on ‘Recording Devices‘.

• A list of recording devices will appear. Try speaking into your microphone, and see if there any
      green bars rising next to one of them while you talk.

• If you don’t see any green bars skip to step 5.

• Check if you can recognize which one of the devices in the list is your
      microphone. If you found it, click on it to highlight it, and then click
      Set Default.

• Check again if you see green bars rising when you talk into the microphone. If you do your mic is now correctly setup. If not, continue to next step.

• Double-click on the device that represents your microphone. The
      Microphone Properties window will appear. Click the Levels tab.

• In the levels tab, drag the slider all the way to the right, until the number on the right says “100“.

• Click OK and check if it helps.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

How can I fix my Microphone properties?

1. How can I fix my Microphone properties? - Similar Threads - fix Microphone properties

2. How to I fix my microphone device is not migrated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to I fix my microphone device is not migrated: Please help I haven't use my microphone in my laptop for so a week please help I would appreciate it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-fix-my-microphone-device-is-not-migrated/afa97ae5-1e33-40fe-a5a3-36c7765b72cc
  3. How to I fix my microphone device is not migrated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I fix my microphone device is not migrated: Please help I haven't use my microphone in my laptop for so a week please help I would appreciate it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-fix-my-microphone-device-is-not-migrated/afa97ae5-1e33-40fe-a5a3-36c7765b72cc
  4. How to I fix my microphone device is not migrated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My microphone is not working. How do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone is not working. How do i fix this?: My microphone is not working, and the mic toggle hotkey on f4 does not seem to respond either The Fn+ Q hotkey used to toggle battery modes also does not work. But every other buttons work just fine. I've tried troubleshooting yet it does not seem to be able to identify any...
  6. My microphone is not working. How do i fix this?

My microphone is not working. How do i fix this?: My microphone is not working, and the mic toggle hotkey on f4 does not seem to respond either The Fn+ Q hotkey used to toggle battery modes also does not work. But every other buttons work just fine. I've tried troubleshooting yet it does not seem to be able to identify any...
  7. how can i fix whatever is wrong with the built in microphone on my hp laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i fix whatever is wrong with the built in microphone on my hp laptop?: when trying to video visit someone they cannot hear me because the microphone thats built in isnt working. I have windows 11 Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12/‎21/‎2022 OS build 22621.1344 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0 i...
  8. how can i fix whatever is wrong with the built in microphone on my hp laptop?

how can i fix whatever is wrong with the built in microphone on my hp laptop?: when trying to video visit someone they cannot hear me because the microphone thats built in isnt working. I have windows 11 Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12/‎21/‎2022 OS build 22621.1344 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0 i...
  9. Need help! My microphone is detected but not recording. How can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help! My microphone is detected but not recording. How can I fix it?: Hello, I've looked at every thread I can find but it doesn't seem like anyone else has the same problem. I recently got a new computer from the office side and everything works flawlessly except for the fact that the audio can't be recorded for some reason. I have repeatedly...
  10. how do i fix my microphone drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i fix my microphone drive: im using a zoom application for conference meeting but the problem is that other participants cant hear my voice but i can hear them. what could be the problem?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone properties screen

2. microphone properties advanced