Windows 10: How can i fix my touchpad in the laptop?

Discus and support How can i fix my touchpad in the laptop? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So recently ive bought a lenovo laptop that came with linux, ive bought and installed windows 10 Pro but, unlike when it was linux, in the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ouro 'Boros, Nov 23, 2022.

1. How can i fix my touchpad in the laptop?

So recently ive bought a lenovo laptop that came with linux, ive bought and installed windows 10 Pro but, unlike when it was linux, in the windows version the laptop has no touchpad, the cursor only appears when i plug a mouse, ive tried to download drivers for touchpad but nothing seemed to work ;/

:)

Ouro 'Boros, Nov 23, 2022
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Nov 23, 2022
  3. No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Nov 23, 2022
  4. Josie23 Win User

How can i fix my touchpad in the laptop?

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

How can i fix my touchpad in the laptop? [​IMG]

Josie23, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

How can i fix my touchpad in the laptop?

1. How can i fix my touchpad in the laptop? - Similar Threads - fix touchpad laptop

2. How can I fix my laptop's touchpad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix my laptop's touchpad?: I have an hp laptop and My laptop's touchpad has been misbehaving recently, for instance When I touch the touchpad using one finger and not moving it, just touching and holding my finger on it, I can see that mouse cursor moving up and down very fast by itself..What's more?...
  3. How can I fix my laptop's touchpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix my laptop's touchpad?: I have an hp laptop and My laptop's touchpad has been misbehaving recently, for instance When I touch the touchpad using one finger and not moving it, just touching and holding my finger on it, I can see that mouse cursor moving up and down very fast by itself..What's more?...
  4. How can I fix my laptop's touchpad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my touchpad isn't working how can i fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my touchpad isn't working how can i fix it: so my touchpad isn't working and i'm 100 percent sure that it isn't injured in any physical way i tried all of online methods updating drivers checking if touchpad is on and all is there any other way i can fix this problem i got this computer this month and i don't know what...
  6. my touchpad isn't working how can i fix it

my touchpad isn't working how can i fix it: so my touchpad isn't working and i'm 100 percent sure that it isn't injured in any physical way i tried all of online methods updating drivers checking if touchpad is on and all is there any other way i can fix this problem i got this computer this month and i don't know what...
  7. How can I fix my touchpad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix my touchpad?: My touchpad two or three fingers feature won't work, I don't have the settings too. I'm trying my best to fix it but I can't I try to update the drive already but it didn't work....
  8. How can I fix my touchpad?

How can I fix my touchpad?: My touchpad two or three fingers feature won't work, I don't have the settings too. I'm trying my best to fix it but I can't I try to update the drive already but it didn't work....
  9. How can i fix my touchpad in the laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i fix my touchpad in the laptop?: So recently ive bought a lenovo laptop that came with linux, ive bought and installed windows 10 Pro but, unlike when it was linux, in the windows version the laptop has no touchpad, the cursor only appears when i plug a mouse, ive tried to download drivers for touchpad but...
  10. How can i fix my touchpad in the laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i fix my touchpad in the laptop?: So recently ive bought a lenovo laptop that came with linux, ive bought and installed windows 10 Pro but, unlike when it was linux, in the windows version the laptop has no touchpad, the cursor only appears when i plug a mouse, ive tried to download drivers for touchpad but...