Windows 10: how can i fix not having space on drive

Discus and support how can i fix not having space on drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] i am not a computer genius. i have a 1.81 tb hard drive and for some reason its getting flooded by files. i went to the settings page and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fishey-MusicNGaming, Sep 20, 2020.

1. how can i fix not having space on drive

how can i fix not having space on drive Ql9BnRMnQQ-yuepE0DdeypYQmIhSebNUCgvE3hosbYA.jpg

i am not a computer genius. i have a 1.81 tb hard drive and for some reason its getting flooded by files. i went to the settings page and saw it shouldnt be full as the amount of storage used by different types of files add up to not even close ot full.

someone pls help

submitted by /u/Fishey-MusicNGaming
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fishey-MusicNGaming, Sep 20, 2020

2. Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (Chow can i fix not having space on drive :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Sep 20, 2020
  4. how can i fix not having space on drive

I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

how can i fix not having space on drive

1. how can i fix not having space on drive - Similar Threads - fix having space

2. How can i have 800GB of hard disk space unallocated , how can i move that space to drive c:...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i have 800GB of hard disk space unallocated , how can i move that space to drive c:...: I messed it and not sure if i can and how to fix this mess.I have two hard disks. C and D but after installed windows 10 i messed it all with thepartitions;drive E: have 465 GB and i don't want to touch it.the problem is with the drive C that have windows installed on it but...
  3. How can i have 800GB of hard disk space unallocated , how can i move that space to drive c:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i have 800GB of hard disk space unallocated , how can i move that space to drive c:...: I messed it and not sure if i can and how to fix this mess.I have two hard disks. C and D but after installed windows 10 i messed it all with thepartitions;drive E: have 465 GB and i don't want to touch it.the problem is with the drive C that have windows installed on it but...
  4. How can i have 800GB of hard disk space unallocated , how can i move that space to drive c:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can i fix this, i'm trying to move Roaming folder to have more space for my C: drive

How can i fix this, i'm trying to move Roaming folder to have more space for my C: drive: I'm trying to move Roaming folder to have more space for my C: drive but ending up with this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-im-trying-to-move-roaming/c730449a-8f1a-4f59-b905-0252571f06f5
  6. How can i fix this, i'm trying to move Roaming folder to have more space for my C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i fix this, i'm trying to move Roaming folder to have more space for my C: drive: I'm trying to move Roaming folder to have more space for my C: drive but ending up with this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-im-trying-to-move-roaming/c730449a-8f1a-4f59-b905-0252571f06f5
  7. How can i fix this, i'm trying to move Roaming folder to have more space for my C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Stipulate that I have a users directory on the D drive. How can I fix this?

Stipulate that I have a users directory on the D drive. How can I fix this?: I have a machine that at one time was setup with a D:\users folder as the location for all user folders. Is there a way I can put this back on the C: drive so that I can update Windows 10 to the latest update. I am up to date with the penultimate update....
  9. How can I extend my hard drive space?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I extend my hard drive space?: I'm going under Computer Management>Disk Management and have deleted a partition which gave me the unallocated 48gb, and I'm trying to add that unallocated space to the main drive (C), and it's not letting me, When I right the C drive there is only a shrink volume option, the...
  10. How can I free up drive space

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I free up drive space: How can I free up drive space from the Windows installer folder without killing Windows? 80832