Windows 10: How can I fix stalling or freezing screen?

Discus and support How can I fix stalling or freezing screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Issues Stalling of screen or software while it seems to update or save In the evenings seems to be even worse and sometimes every minute Sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Danforth2, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Danforth2 Win User

How can I fix stalling or freezing screen?

Issues

Stalling of screen or software while it seems to update or save

In the evenings seems to be even worse and sometimes every minute

Sometimes even just one file is enough to produce the horror

When there are more than one Word file and online sites open it is extremely bad

How can I switch it off?

:)

Danforth2, Nov 10, 2020
  2. ASRockIQ Win User

God* D*** it!!! my Mobo stall/freezes at POST!

umm... there were no Beeps. it would just stall/freeze at POST! Screen
    uhh... how would that fix anything? *Nutkick :nutkick:

Thanks again guys for the support

ASRockIQ, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Screen Freezing up

Andre, thanks for your suggestions. I performed all steps as you listed and it appears that there were

some problems that have been corrected. I will let you know in a day or so if the "freeze" problem

occurs again. Many thanks for your help --- this took longer than I expected!

Jan

JanetThompsonTX, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I fix stalling or freezing screen? - Similar Threads - fix stalling freezing

2. How can I fix blue screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix blue screen?: My computer ran into BSoD maybe because of software crashes. I tried waiting for it to complete. Here are the informations:CPU: Intel Core i3-5005U 2.0GHzGPU: Intel HD Graphics 5500Windows 10 Home x64 22H2Running programs: only these two programs- Geometry Dash v2.204-...
  3. how can i fix the freezing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how can i fix the freezing?: So for the past while my pc has been freezing in weird ways. What it does is it will freeze certain things, but not other things. And only for like 15-20 seconds at a time, after it would go back to normal. About 15-30 minutes later it does this again. Specifically the things...
  4. how can i fix the freezing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i fix the freezing?: So for the past while my pc has been freezing in weird ways. What it does is it will freeze certain things, but not other things. And only for like 15-20 seconds at a time, after it would go back to normal. About 15-30 minutes later it does this again. Specifically the things...
  5. how can i fix the freezing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How do i fix my screen freezing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix my screen freezing?: My screen always freezes when im playing a game but my cursor still moves. Whenever my screen freezes i can still hear the game im playing. My friends im talking to while playing can also still hear me after my screen freezes....
  7. How do i fix my screen freezing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix my screen freezing?: My screen always freezes when im playing a game but my cursor still moves. Whenever my screen freezes i can still hear the game im playing. My friends im talking to while playing can also still hear me after my screen freezes....
  8. Screen Stalling

Screen Stalling: If I have a screen/email opened, after a short time I have to exit out and reopen to operate. The screen page will freeze/stall. Refreshing does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-stalling/5914e6ca-a80f-461a-85fa-a563d092d755
  9. how can I fix screen distortion?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can I fix screen distortion?: Repeat of problem. I had my PC serviced recently and a problem with screen distortion has recurred. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-screen-distortion/ffd4fbe5-98a2-453c-8bbd-4d03174ed280
  10. My computer screen keeps freezing randomly, How can I fix it ?

My computer screen keeps freezing randomly, How can I fix it ?: ok so my screen freezes every few seconds on my laptop. It only freezes for maybe a maximum of 2 seconds. I uninstalled my AMD graphics drive and my screen doesn’t freeze anymore, but as soon as it reinstalls itslef, my screen starts to freeze again. I would like to know how...