Windows 10: How can i fix that beeping sound an muffling

Discus and support How can i fix that beeping sound an muffling in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When i an app uses the microphone i hear a weird beeping sound and a microphone icon appears in taskbar the problem is when the beeping sound goes off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mohamed Elshora, May 29, 2023.

1. How can i fix that beeping sound an muffling

When i an app uses the microphone i hear a weird beeping sound and a microphone icon appears in taskbar the problem is when the beeping sound goes off it muffles the sounds of my headphones and makes it lower Volume still at 100% and it misses up with the fuctionality of surround sound and makes it harder to play online games

:)

Mohamed Elshora, May 29, 2023
  2. toscanini Win User

Sound is muffled, is there a fix?

Same issue (muffled sounds, especially voice) after upgrade to Windows 10. Using Realtek High Definition Audio. Worked fine in Win 8.1 previously.

I got things working again by adjusting the Surround Sound / Stereo settings. For more detail, this is how I got it back to work with no new drivers.

1. Search for Sound (should be under settings)

2. Click Configure while selecting the Realtek Speakers

3. Click on Stereo and then Next through to the end.

4. Test the sound

If it's not working, there might be another option, suggested by other users on this forum:

1. In the Sound settings, click on Properties while selecting your Speakers

2. In the Enhancements tab, click Disable all sound effects

3. In the Advanced tab, unclick "Allow applications to take exclusive control..."

4. Apply the settings and test the sound.

A third option, suggested by other users, is to roll back to drivers for Windows Vista (see above):

They said: Realtek 10/1/2013, 6.0.1.7054 sound great on Windows 10.

toscanini, May 29, 2023
  3. KHalll5 Win User
    Sound is muffled, is there a fix?

Hello everyone,

I upgraded to windows 10 and all was great. I had no issues upgrading. But I did notice that the sound has become muffled and not the same as windows 8.1. the internal speakers work fine, but when I plug in a pair of headphones is when it becomes muffled.
    If I open up the playback devices, it never shows my headphones in the options. I have also troubleshooted the sound problems and it cant find anything. Someone please help, I cannot enjoy any music or movies now.

KHalll5, May 29, 2023
  4. G.M.7 Win User

How can i fix that beeping sound an muffling

Muffled Sound

Hello,

When I open more than one app the sound becomes muffled; for example, I'm listening to music and it sounds normal, but if I open a videogame the sound becomes muffled.

The audio driver is Conexant SmartAudioHD

Also, my headphones don't appear in the sound devices.

Does anyone know any solution?

G.M.7, May 29, 2023
Thema:

How can i fix that beeping sound an muffling

1. How can i fix that beeping sound an muffling - Similar Threads - fix beeping sound

2. How can i fix that beeping sound and muffling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i fix that beeping sound and muffling: When an app uses the microphone i hear a weird beeping sound and a microphone icon appears in taskbar the problem is when the beeping sound goes off it muffles the sounds of my headphones and makes it lower Volume still at 100% and it misses up with the fuctionality of...
  3. How can i fix that beeping sound and muffling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i fix that beeping sound and muffling: When an app uses the microphone i hear a weird beeping sound and a microphone icon appears in taskbar the problem is when the beeping sound goes off it muffles the sounds of my headphones and makes it lower Volume still at 100% and it misses up with the fuctionality of...
  4. How can i fix that beeping sound and muffling

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can i fix that beeping sound an muffling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i fix that beeping sound an muffling: When i an app uses the microphone i hear a weird beeping sound and a microphone icon appears in taskbar the problem is when the beeping sound goes off it muffles the sounds of my headphones and makes it lower Volume still at 100% and it misses up with the fuctionality of...
  6. How can i fix that beeping sound an muffling

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i fix that beeping sound an muffling: When i an app uses the microphone i hear a weird beeping sound and a microphone icon appears in taskbar the problem is when the beeping sound goes off it muffles the sounds of my headphones and makes it lower Volume still at 100% and it misses up with the fuctionality of...
  7. Audio recordings through speakers sound muffled, how could i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio recordings through speakers sound muffled, how could i fix this?: device: HP Pavilion X360 Convertible 14-cd1xxxi don't know if this question would fit better under an HP support forum, however i'll still ask here just to be sureHello all, i'm trying to get game sound clips by recording my desktop audio through speakers and turning it into...
  8. Audio recordings through speakers sound muffled, how could i fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio recordings through speakers sound muffled, how could i fix this?: device: HP Pavilion X360 Convertible 14-cd1xxxi don't know if this question would fit better under an HP support forum, however i'll still ask here just to be sureHello all, i'm trying to get game sound clips by recording my desktop audio through speakers and turning it into...
  9. Audio recordings through speakers sound muffled, how could i fix this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Muffled Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Muffled Sound: Hello, When I open more than one app the sound becomes muffled; for example, I'm listening to music and it sounds normal, but if I open a videogame the sound becomes muffled. The audio driver is Conexant SmartAudioHD Also, my headphones don't appear in the sound devices....