Windows 10: How can I fix the boot up screen resolution?

Discus and support How can I fix the boot up screen resolution? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tthjns0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dt0zcq/how_can_i_fix_the_boot_up_screen_resolution/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tthjns0, Nov 7, 2019.

1. How can I fix the boot up screen resolution?

/u/tthjns0, Nov 7, 2019

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 7, 2019
  4. TopGeek Win User

How can I fix the boot up screen resolution?

Intermittent wrong screen resolution at boot

This has only started happening recently - every few boots, the screen choice between Windows 10 and XP appears with the wrong resolution. The image is small on the screen. If I select Windows 10, the full boot sequence continues with that resolution. However, if I select 'Advanced options' and then 'Continue to Windows 10', the resolution changes to the correct format.
    A week or so back, I went back to a previous set point and that seemed to cure the problem. Then it returned.
    Can anyone suggest what is happening?

TopGeek, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

How can I fix the boot up screen resolution?

1. How can I fix the boot up screen resolution? - Similar Threads - fix boot screen

2. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  3. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  4. How do I fix my Boot Up Screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my Boot Up Screen?: Every time I boot my Venturer Laptop, the Boot Up screen is always sideways! How do I fix this Issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-my-boot-up-screen/bb46774c-8d93-491a-ae44-b5658632eef5
  5. How do I fix my Boot Up Screen?

How do I fix my Boot Up Screen?: Every time I boot my Venturer Laptop, the Boot Up screen is always sideways! How do I fix this Issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-my-boot-up-screen/bb46774c-8d93-491a-ae44-b5658632eef5
  6. How can I fix this Windows boot up issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix this Windows boot up issue?: I am having an issue with Windows. I am getting the gray screen when I boot up my pc. I have tried to do windows recovery and every option I click on my screen flashes red really fast reboots and doesn't do anything. I have tried all options and as soon as I click on any of...
  7. How can I fix this Windows boot up issue?

How can I fix this Windows boot up issue?: I am having an issue with Windows. I am getting the gray screen when I boot up my pc. I have tried to do windows recovery and every option I click on my screen flashes red really fast reboots and doesn't do anything. I have tried all options and as soon as I click on any of...
  8. How can I fix this Windows boot up issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How can I fix my resolution when I boot up my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix my resolution when I boot up my PC?: Hello, The resolution on my PC is incorrect every time I boot up my PC and I have to unplug and plug back in my HDMI cord each time... how can I fix this?I do have a triple monitor set up for work FYI... I do not wish to do this every time I boot up PC, so please help!...
  10. How can I fix my resolution when I boot up my PC?

How can I fix my resolution when I boot up my PC?: Hello, The resolution on my PC is incorrect every time I boot up my PC and I have to unplug and plug back in my HDMI cord each time... how can I fix this?I do have a triple monitor set up for work FYI... I do not wish to do this every time I boot up PC, so please help!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows force boot resolution

2. how to fix boot screen resolution