Windows 10: how can I fix the "never" option that is not working in "If you've been away, when should...

Discus and support how can I fix the "never" option that is not working in "If you've been away, when should... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; how can I fix the "never" option that is not working in "If you've been away, when should windows require you to sign in again?" Did I make a registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kurt volbeda, Jun 11, 2024.

1. how can I fix the "never" option that is not working in "If you've been away, when should...

how can I fix the "never" option that is not working in "If you've been away, when should windows require you to sign in again?" Did I make a registry change?This is really annoying. After prolonged sleep, the computer asks me to sign in, even though "never" is checked. Anyone know what's up? Greatly appreciate time taken to respond.Kurt

:)

kurt volbeda, Jun 11, 2024
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jun 11, 2024
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jun 11, 2024
  4. how can I fix the "never" option that is not working in "If you've been away, when should...

Windows 10 Power Options Not working

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the power options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on power options.
    • Then click on create new power plan.
    • Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

how can I fix the "never" option that is not working in "If you've been away, when should...

1. how can I fix the "never" option that is not working in "If you've been away, when should... - Similar Threads - fix never option

2. how can I fix the "never" option that is not working in "If you've been away, when should...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I fix the "never" option that is not working in "If you've been away, when should...: how can I fix the "never" option that is not working in "If you've been away, when should windows require you to sign in again?" Did I make a registry change?This is really annoying. After prolonged sleep, the computer asks me to sign in, even though "never" is checked....
  3. If you've been away when should windows require you to sign in again grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If you've been away when should windows require you to sign in again grayed out: I don't want to have to sign in every time I walk away for a few minutes but my option in sign-in options is grayed out so I can't choose "never."How do I stop having to sign in all the time?...
  4. If you've been away when should windows require you to sign in again grayed out

If you've been away when should windows require you to sign in again grayed out: I don't want to have to sign in every time I walk away for a few minutes but my option in sign-in options is grayed out so I can't choose "never."How do I stop having to sign in all the time?...
  5. Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown "If you've been away, when should...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown "If you've been away, when should...: I have an Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 2021 and I use Windows insider preview OS Build 22631.2271.My problem is whenever my screen turns off, I'm required to enter a PIN every single time.I tried to change the option but it's greyed out and I don't know why. I want my screen timeout...
  6. Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown "If you've been away, when should...

Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown "If you've been away, when should...: I have an Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 2021 and I use Windows insider preview OS Build 22631.2271.My problem is whenever my screen turns off, I'm required to enter a PIN every single time.I tried to change the option but it's greyed out and I don't know why. I want my screen timeout...
  7. Missing option "If you’ve been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing option "If you’ve been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again": Hello, I would like to disable sign in on wake up from hibernation on Windows 11. But option "If you’ve been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again" is missing in my account settings after system reset. Before resetting PC it was normally there....
  8. Missing option "If you’ve been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again"

Missing option "If you’ve been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again": Hello, I would like to disable sign in on wake up from hibernation on Windows 11. But option "If you’ve been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again" is missing in my account settings after system reset. Before resetting PC it was normally there....
  9. If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again? - Never not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again? - Never not available: I have spent quite sometime trying to work out how to prevent the PIN or password being entered on a Surface Go 3 device which is managed by Intune. My initial challenge was that the setting appeared to be tattooed to the device from a security policy, which was no longer in...
  10. If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again? - Never not available

If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again? - Never not available: I have spent quite sometime trying to work out how to prevent the PIN or password being entered on a Surface Go 3 device which is managed by Intune. My initial challenge was that the setting appeared to be tattooed to the device from a security policy, which was no longer in...