Windows 10: How can I fix the problem- I need an AGENT!

Discus and support How can I fix the problem- I need an AGENT! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there!I am so frustrated; I'm facing a challenge on my HP's Windows 365 as I'm trying to back up on OneDrive's cloud it shows updating error, and if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Minha Alex, Jan 25, 2023.

1. How can I fix the problem- I need an AGENT!

Hi there!I am so frustrated; I'm facing a challenge on my HP's Windows 365 as I'm trying to back up on OneDrive's cloud it shows updating error, and if I start it again it takes a long time even a day to move to 100% on updating. Can anyone from the team look into this?Thanks

:)

Minha Alex, Jan 25, 2023
  2. skytrails Win User

desktop agent tray error message in windows 10

I tried the following suggestion. When I got to step 4, the list provided no checkmarks to uncheck and the icon for Desktop Agent Tray was a checkmark in a yellow circle. nothing happened when I clicked on the yellow circle with the checkmark. the title
    on the list was Desktop Agent Tray(2) Clicking on the title opened a title beneath the Desktop Agent Tray (2) which did not have the (2)

the publisher of both titles was CenturyLink Inc and the status for the entry with the (2) was enabled and the status of the other entry was blank. Changing the status to disabled did nothing. the Start up impact was listed as high. There was another
    entry under the two Desktop Agent Tray titles There was an icon then Dw20 with a high start up impact. No where was there a place to uncheck or delete. So far the box which lists the error disappears and there seems to be no problem. I just wonder why
    it is there,

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

skytrails, Jan 25, 2023
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 25, 2023
  4. How can I fix the problem- I need an AGENT!

error windows 10 desktop agent tray has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

How can I fix the problem- I need an AGENT!

1. How can I fix the problem- I need an AGENT! - Similar Threads - fix problem need

2. How can I fix this problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I fix this problem: Hi, I have completed the Aptio setup utility copyright 2018 American magatrends, inc by restore default and save the changes.After saving this page appear on my screenHow can I solve this issuePlease help meThanks...
  3. How can I fix this problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix this problem: I can’t complete my download , can someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-problem/db3b5b25-bf3e-4c34-9417-60ab1b15ab69
  4. How can I fix the problem- I need an AGENT!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix the problem- I need an AGENT!: Hi there!I am so frustrated; I'm facing a challenge on my HP's Windows 365 as I'm trying to back up on OneDrive's cloud it shows updating error, and if I start it again it takes a long time even a day to move to 100% on updating. Can anyone from the team look into this?Thanks...
  5. How can i fix the problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can i fix the problem: Hie everyone I'm facing a challenge on my laptop Dell type as I'm trying to update it and it says install error and if i start it again it takes a long timeeven a day to move from 0%to 100 %on updating.i need you help please. Is it possible. Always looking for a better...
  6. I need an AGENT!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need an AGENT!: I am so frustrated I am about to SCREAM. I am now completely locked out of my computer. Microsoft has NO way to allow me to change over xbox ownership. They told me I had to add my son's email and make his the primary, then remove my email from that Microsoft account and...
  7. I need an AGENT!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need an AGENT!: I am so frustrated I am about to SCREAM. I am now completely locked out of my computer. Microsoft has NO way to allow me to change over xbox ownership. They told me I had to add my son's email and make his the primary, then remove my email from that Microsoft account and...
  8. How can I fix this Problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix this Problem?: Ive tried everything. I've gone through the files, turned off key repeat on the keyboard, went to the device settings and made it to where it couldn't turn off the device the keyboard, I've searched for driver updates for my keyboard and they said that it was up to date, I've...
  9. How can I fix this Problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix this Problem?: Ive tried everything. I've gone through the files, turned off key repeat on the keyboard, went to the device settings and made it to where it couldn't turn off the device the keyboard, I've searched for driver updates for my keyboard and they said that it was up to date, I've...
  10. How can I fix this problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I fix this problem.: Very Dissapointed. Why? Had Windows 7 Since upgrade to Windows 10 operating system. I can't view dvd's from my DVD. Have erased valuable footage during this plight. Smh....