Windows 10: How can I fix the search bar.

Discus and support How can I fix the search bar. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to rid myself of this hideous search window that opens up and get the cortana one back. It was much nicer and more low profile. This new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Abraxos, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Abraxos Win User

How can I fix the search bar.

I would like to rid myself of this hideous search window that opens up and get the cortana one back. It was much nicer and more low profile. This new one has features that I don't need or want.

:)

Abraxos, Oct 8, 2019
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I fix the search bar. - Similar Threads - fix search bar

2. How can I disable web suggestions in Search bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I disable web suggestions in Search bar?: Hi, There is a little window in the bottom left corner of my screen in Windows 10 that says "Type here to search". When I click on it and start typing (wanting to search for something on my computer), along with things on my computer, I am also shown things on the internet....
  3. How can I fix this error?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I fix this error?: exception einouterror in module vtcworld.exe at 00792615. invalid file name-%s. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-error/f2d20db7-7a77-4ae6-a50d-72c496f64872
  4. Weird Search bar on the top of my windows 10 screen, how can i fix it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Search bar on the top of my windows 10 screen, how can i fix it?: Just recently a white bar popped up on the top of my screen and I'm not sure what it is and how to fix it. I've tried searching through settings to find out what it is and nothing would show, I've tried looking for foreign fills and there isn't any that are new. whenever I...
  5. How do I fix the search box and saved searches?

in Cortana
    How do I fix the search box and saved searches?: Hi, I have a laptop running Windows 10 and went on it today to sort some photos out and do some work. I have a saved search for JPG files which I use to find all my photos. When I clicked on it today though it first said 'no items match your search' (I have a lot of photos)...
  6. How can I fix this problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I fix this problem.: Very Dissapointed. Why? Had Windows 7 Since upgrade to Windows 10 operating system. I can't view dvd's from my DVD. Have erased valuable footage during this plight. Smh....
  7. How can I place the current temperature in the address/search bar area?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I place the current temperature in the address/search bar area?: How can I get the local temperature displayed on the address/search bar area? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-place-the-current-temperature-in-the/48703798-af6a-4419-b69f-c81c13497043
  8. How can i right click search?

in Browsers and Email
    How can i right click search?: When I select web text I would like to be able to right click and click on search. Is there anyway I can do this? 12789
  9. My computer has a black bar on the side, how can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My computer has a black bar on the side, how can I fix this?: I wasn't having any issues with the display before till I turned it on. There is a black bar on the side of the screen that pushes everything on the desktop to the side. I don't know what this is or why it's doing this. This was a windows 7, downloaded the windows 10 OS....
  10. Cortanna search bar opening in the middle of screen. How to fix this.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortanna search bar opening in the middle of screen. How to fix this.: Hi, I've got a lenovo yoga 3 laptop and have been using windows 10 for about a year on my laptop. About 2 weeks ago my cortana search bar by the windows tab which when I would normally click on it would simply just open up the pop-up box. However now, whenever I click it, the...