Windows 10: How can I fix the settings app from crashing ? It opens for a second or two then closes !

Discus and support How can I fix the settings app from crashing ? It opens for a second or two then closes ! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How can I fix the settings app from crashing ? It opens for a second or two then closes ! Extreamly irritating ! Has anybody else had this problem ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Paul Dennis4, Feb 23, 2020.

1. How can I fix the settings app from crashing ? It opens for a second or two then closes !

How can I fix the settings app from crashing ? It opens for a second or two then closes !

Extreamly irritating ! Has anybody else had this problem ?

Any solutions to solving this is much appreciated

Thanks

Paul

:)

Paul Dennis4, Feb 23, 2020

2. Xbox app crashing seconds after opening

troubleshooter found nothing, xbox support couldnt help.

though it appears to be my friends list loading that crashes the app, i have a 2 second window between opening the app and it crashing and if i can in that window change it from showing friends to recent players the app doesnt crash

Dion Altoft, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Rob583 Win User
    Microsoft Edge closes/crashes seconds after opening

Mine was crashing seconds after opening on several different computers. I couldn't figure out what the deal was. Then I disabled "Sync" in settings (for favorites/reading list) and now it doesn't crash at all. Not sure if this helps anyone else, but I
    thought it was worth mentioning.

Rob583, Feb 23, 2020
  4. BTiger Win User

How can I fix the settings app from crashing ? It opens for a second or two then closes !

Store App opens loads for about a second then closes

1. Go to "This PC"
    2. Double click "OS (CHow can I fix the settings app from crashing ? It opens for a second or two then closes ! :)"
    3. Open "Users"
    4. Open your username (The Profile you are currently working in)
    5. Open "AppData"
    6. Open "Local"
    7. Open "Packages"
    8. Open "Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe"
    9. Open "LocalCache"
    10. Delete the entire folder, with contents, you see there.
    For those who didn't want/need a step by step:
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
    Then delete the one folder in LocalCache.
    And that's pretty much it. Opened store and no issues after. Also if anyone is having issues with the Mail App, if you have AVG, it's the firewall on that so just turn it off and mail will start syncing. Hope this helps everyone.

BTiger, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I fix the settings app from crashing ? It opens for a second or two then closes ! - Similar Threads - fix settings app

2. a 32 bit app opens for 3 seconds in Windows 11 and then closes. How do I fix that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a 32 bit app opens for 3 seconds in Windows 11 and then closes. How do I fix that?: I bought a new 64 bit computer and loaded Windows 11. I also have an older laptop that is running Windows 10. My 32 bit astronomy software called NINA runs fine on my older Windows 10 machine, but fails to run on my new Windows 11 laptop. NINA opens, but then closes 3 seconds...
  3. a 32 bit app opens for 3 seconds in Windows 11 and then closes. How do I fix that?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a 32 bit app opens for 3 seconds in Windows 11 and then closes. How do I fix that?: I bought a new 64 bit computer and loaded Windows 11. I also have an older laptop that is running Windows 10. My 32 bit astronomy software called NINA runs fine on my older Windows 10 machine, but fails to run on my new Windows 11 laptop. NINA opens, but then closes 3 seconds...
  4. How do I fix Microsoft roblox opens for 0.5 seconds and then closes/crashes ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix Microsoft roblox opens for 0.5 seconds and then closes/crashes ?: I have the roblox player version but i wanna use the microsft app. It never opens or when it does itll be just for quick second and then closes. Anyone know how to fix been reading articles and watching vids and nothing has helped yet....
  5. How do I fix Microsoft roblox opens for 0.5 seconds and then closes/crashes ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix Microsoft roblox opens for 0.5 seconds and then closes/crashes ?: I have the roblox player version but i wanna use the microsft app. It never opens or when it does itll be just for quick second and then closes. Anyone know how to fix been reading articles and watching vids and nothing has helped yet....
  6. Cannot open network settings in Windows 10 the app opens for a second then closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open network settings in Windows 10 the app opens for a second then closes: If you click the network icon in the lower right task bar, then click Network & Internet the app screen with the little cog wheel shows briefly then closesLike wise if you open the settings app, then click on Network & Internet the screen just closesBUT if you type 'ethernet'...
  7. My Settings App Opens For A Second And Then It Closes Automatically I Need Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Settings App Opens For A Second And Then It Closes Automatically I Need Help: So the brightness was to bright so I tried to go into settings and turn it down. But I mean It opens but only for a second, and then it closes automatically and I have tried looking for some help but none of it works or I'm just not finding the right thing. I just really need...
  8. PC Settings only remins open for a few seconds. How can I fix that?

PC Settings only remins open for a few seconds. How can I fix that?: February 9, 2020 Just upgraded my Lenovo Yoga 14 to the latest Windows Update. No when I click on PC Settings the window only remains open for a few seconds and nothing can be accessed. Some settings like Display Setting and Personalize are available from right clicking on...
  9. how can i get cortana to open and close apps

in Cortana
    how can i get cortana to open and close apps: is cortana capable off informing me if I have a security issue and what else can she do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-cortana-to-open-and-close-apps/a280d424-86c9-4dec-8fa1-699018b3bff8"
  10. Settings closing few seconds after opening it.

Settings closing few seconds after opening it.: When I try to open settings on windows 10, it shows up for few seconds and closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/settings-closing-few-seconds-after-opening-it/9064bd52-340a-476d-b259-9ec362da2b82