Windows 10: how can I fix the text and icon selections tool that don't work in Windows 11?

Discus and support how can I fix the text and icon selections tool that don't work in Windows 11? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows 11, but the text and icon selections tool doesn't work. I cannot select text with my mouse nor do the arrow keys on my keyboard work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ascanio Afan de Rivera, Nov 13, 2022.

1. how can I fix the text and icon selections tool that don't work in Windows 11?

I have Windows 11, but the text and icon selections tool doesn't work. I cannot select text with my mouse nor do the arrow keys on my keyboard work. Both are in perfect order, with drivers up to date. They worked perfectly in safe mode, but it has been an absolute nightmare on Windows 11 with hours wasted trying to solve this issue. Also, I cannot select and drag icons on my Windows 11 desktop. How can I fix this? thank you.

:)

Ascanio Afan de Rivera, Nov 13, 2022
  2. MikeSpinx Win User

Text and Object selections on windows 11

Since I installed Windows 11, the text and icon selections tool don't work. I cannot select text with my mouse nor do the arrow keys on my keyboard work. Both are in perfect order. They worked perfectly fine on Windows 10, but it has been an absolute nightmare on Windows 11. Also, I cannot select and drag icons on my Windows 11 desktop.

Please how can I fix this?

MikeSpinx, Nov 13, 2022
  3. Windows 7 Snipping Tool / (Screen Shots-Capture)

1. In the Control Panel > Folder Options > View Tab first check ( tick ) the Show hidden files, folders and Drives and then Apply.
    2. Now navigate to C:\ Program Data \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Start Menu \ Program.
    3. Inside this Program folder , you will find the 'Accessories' folder.
    4. Drag and drop the Accessories Folder on your Start Menu or All programs.
    Did this work ?

If all works again i suggest to go back to Step 1 and re-select Don`t show hidden files. folders and Drives then Apply. so you don`t accidentally delete some of these.

Frank N St31n, Nov 13, 2022
  4. Valeriu Win User

how can I fix the text and icon selections tool that don't work in Windows 11?

Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    how can I fix the text and icon selections tool that don't work in Windows 11? [​IMG]

Valeriu, Nov 13, 2022
Thema:

how can I fix the text and icon selections tool that don't work in Windows 11?

1. how can I fix the text and icon selections tool that don't work in Windows 11? - Similar Threads - fix text icon

2. How can I FIX my cursor selection tool and pointer for scrolling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I FIX my cursor selection tool and pointer for scrolling?: Immediately after installing Windows 11 my bluetooth mouse and trackball, and the track pad on my laptop no longer work properly to select text. If I click and drag multiple times it will sometimes highlight select some of the text I drag over but most of the time nothing...
  3. How can I FIX my cursor selection tool and pointer for scrolling?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I FIX my cursor selection tool and pointer for scrolling?: Immediately after installing Windows 11 my bluetooth mouse and trackball, and the track pad on my laptop no longer work properly to select text. If I click and drag multiple times it will sometimes highlight select some of the text I drag over but most of the time nothing...
  4. how can I fix the text and icon selections tool that don't work in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I fix the text and icon selections tool that don't work in Windows 11?: I have Windows 11, but the text and icon selections tool doesn't work. I cannot select text with my mouse nor do the arrow keys on my keyboard work. Both are in perfect order, with drivers up to date. They worked perfectly in safe mode, but it has been an absolute nightmare...
  5. How can I remove this desktop icon border? (If I select an icon and the click on the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I remove this desktop icon border? (If I select an icon and the click on the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/arandomcuntguy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4w9p0/how_can_i_remove_this_desktop_icon_border_if_i/
  6. How can i fix this icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i fix this icon: Can somebody know how to fix this icon? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-icon/a3da9979-9e39-46c9-a3fc-94dad21ebc36
  7. Selecting text with mouse not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Selecting text with mouse not working: dear people ... for the past few weeks i have been having trouble if not almost impossible to select text for "copy&paste" on any document office "365", pdf, even on the web, etc ... it can take more than 4 times before i can be "successful" whether it is word or a sentence...
  8. All of my Text is broken and I don't know how to fix it

in Windows 10 Support
    All of my Text is broken and I don't know how to fix it: All of my Windows 10 text is messed up and very pixilated, I remember trying to optimise the computer and There was a setting saying on whether the GPU should support Graphics or Performance. I remember selecting performance and now everything is broken. I don't know where I...
  9. How can I increase the size of the icons and text

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I increase the size of the icons and text: I try what they say but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-increase-the-size-of-the-icons-and-text/ec266a42-37e1-45d5-a2a8-5d1df9b486a5
  10. Strange spotty text, how can I fix this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange spotty text, how can I fix this?: Hi, I don't know why, but for some reason, my text on almost everything becomes strangely missing and it just looks weird. I don't know why has this started happening, but it happened two days ago, and I was going onto Kisscartoon (note, I've been here before sometimes and...