Windows 10: how can i fix this? it doesnt let me create any new file etc

Discus and support how can i fix this? it doesnt let me create any new file etc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_Cr3ePyShOt_ [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_Cr3ePyShOt_, Aug 15, 2022.

1. how can i fix this? it doesnt let me create any new file etc

/u/_Cr3ePyShOt_, Aug 15, 2022

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Unable to create new User account

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you logged in with a Microsoft account or Local account?

• Are you trying to create new user account using Administrator account?
    I suggest you to run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files

Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Please get back to us with the information required, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Kenny_324 Win User

how can i fix this? it doesnt let me create any new file etc

Windows hanging when creating new files

Hi all,

I am having an issue where Windows 10 keeps hanging when I mouse over "New" either in desktop or Files Explorer to create new files.

Here are two gifs showing my issue:

https://i.imgur.com/NWsvDM5.gif

https://i.imgur.com/rIs4F2G.gif

I have tried:

• Going to command prompt and using the "sfc /scannow" command (no issues found using this)
    • Used the Windows tool to reinstall Windows without affecting my files
    • Made sure Windows & drivers are up to date
    • Performing a clean boot following these steps
    • EDIT: Tried using ShellExView -> 3 files found that I diabled, but issue still here

Can anyone suggest any troubleshooting steps, preferably without having to do a full/clean re-installation of Windows?

Thanks in advance.

Kenny_324, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

how can i fix this? it doesnt let me create any new file etc

1. how can i fix this? it doesnt let me create any new file etc - Similar Threads - fix doesnt let

2. How can I create a pin if my laptop won't let me ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I create a pin if my laptop won't let me ?: My laptop won't let me sign in if i don't make a pin and every time i go to make a pin it says an error has occurred and I don't know how to fix this....
  3. How can I create a pin if my laptop won't let me ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I create a pin if my laptop won't let me ?: My laptop won't let me sign in if i don't make a pin and every time i go to make a pin it says an error has occurred and I don't know how to fix this....
  4. How can I create a pin if my laptop won't let me ?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. what can i do to fix my microsoft store; it doesnt let me update or install new apps and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what can i do to fix my microsoft store; it doesnt let me update or install new apps and...: well my microsoft store isnt responding to updates or new app installs and the microsoft official fix is to let the trouble shooter correct it but it doesnt find anything wrong. ive seen many people have this problem in the community but not many have said that it was fixed;...
  6. what can i do to fix my microsoft store; it doesnt let me update or install new apps and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what can i do to fix my microsoft store; it doesnt let me update or install new apps and...: well my microsoft store isnt responding to updates or new app installs and the microsoft official fix is to let the trouble shooter correct it but it doesnt find anything wrong. ive seen many people have this problem in the community but not many have said that it was fixed;...
  7. what can i do to fix my microsoft store; it doesnt let me update or install new apps and...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. My computer will not let me save or open files from any application. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer will not let me save or open files from any application. How can I fix this?: I have been having some issues with my computer lately where I can't save files to my computer and I can't open files to messaging apps or anything that might need to open a file. I have still been able to download things just fine. When trying to open Event Viewer to give...
  9. doesnt let me personalize

in Windows 10 Customization
    doesnt let me personalize: when I try to change the background it reads "you need to activate windows before you can personalize your pc" then it promps an "activate windows now" option and then promps a message saying "we cant activate windows on this device as we cant connect to your organizations...
  10. Windows 10 will not let me synch any of the setting changes. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 will not let me synch any of the setting changes. How can I fix this?: It has happened for about a few months now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-let-me-synch-any-of-the/84677d71-ea05-4dad-b59b-5c34c7d29b05