Windows 10: How can I fix this mistake I made when I reloaded W10?

Discus and support How can I fix this mistake I made when I reloaded W10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I correct this screw up after re downloading w10?? I have been having several minor glitches with my Asus GL 552 laptop which I thought may be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by provlima, May 4, 2021.

1. provlima Win User

How can I fix this mistake I made when I reloaded W10?

How can I correct this screw up after re downloading w10?? I have been having several minor glitches with my Asus GL 552 laptop which I thought may be a bad file in w10 so I re loaded downloaded W10 Long story short now my wifi is gone, and my system restore doesnt work The asus keyboard is longer backlit Im sure there are many other problems yet tobe discovere There are now 2 window program folders in my os Windows and 10 and Windows.old As I can no longer do a system restore, Is there any way I could fix these problems by deleting the new windows folder and renaming the Windows.old folder to Windows?

:)

provlima, May 4, 2021

2. RELOADING FILES

hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that Belarc Advisor is notifying you of the updates that needs to be reloaded.

I would suggest you to check if the mentioned KB updates are properly installed from the Windows Update History. I would also suggest you to follow the below steps and see if it helps.

Step 1 Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Step 2 Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link Windows Update: FAQ

(Also applies to Windows 10)

For more assistance, I would suggest you to post the same query in TechNet Forums.

Link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=WinPreview2014General%2CWinPreview2015Phone&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 4, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 4, 2021
  4. felipaopl Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Wait, but have you done the whole step-by-step guide described in the OP? DDL/DTS isn't supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 either, unless if you do the steps listed there.

felipaopl, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. How can I fix this mistake I made when I reloaded W10? - Similar Threads - fix mistake made

2. I made a terrible mistake and I don't know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made a terrible mistake and I don't know how to fix it.: I had a computer that had NVIDIA Display could run and play smoothly. One day my computer screen glitched and then for a short time computer screen is back but it's like stretched. I went to Device Manager and I ACCIDENTALLY deleted NVIDIA Graphics Card, then the screen...
  3. I made a terrible mistake and I don't know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I made a terrible mistake and I don't know how to fix it.: I had a computer that had NVIDIA Display could run and play smoothly. One day my computer screen glitched and then for a short time computer screen is back but it's like stretched. I went to Device Manager and I ACCIDENTALLY deleted NVIDIA Graphics Card, then the screen...
  4. I made a terrible mistake and I don't know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. i made a big mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i made a big mistake: So, i installed windows 8 and thanks to windows 8 I am now stuck on the ethernet thing, and I don't think that windows 8 supports wireless when I click on connection it keeps on saying that no internet detected even though i have a Wi-Fi router in my mom's room Microsoft,...
  6. i made a big mistake

i made a big mistake: So, i installed windows 8 and thanks to windows 8 I am now stuck on the ethernet thing, and I don't think that windows 8 supports wireless when I click on connection it keeps on saying that no internet detected even though i have a Wi-Fi router in my mom's room Microsoft,...
  7. I made a real mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made a real mistake: My computer is a, Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 I made a real mistake I decided to try windows 11 I wanted to do a dual boot but when I got done. I realized I screwed up and I went to windows 11 I don't really like it. With Windows 10 when you right click: copy paste new...
  8. I made a real mistake

I made a real mistake: My computer is a, Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 I made a real mistake I decided to try windows 11 I wanted to do a dual boot but when I got done. I realized I screwed up and I went to windows 11 I don't really like it. With Windows 10 when you right click: copy paste new...
  9. I made a real mistake

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. I made a big mistake...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I made a big mistake...: A call from Wavene Infotech showed me 1,159 errors/attempted hacks and other "serious" breaches on my laptop / Window's 10. Sounding like a scam I hung up....he kept calling back. I eventually allowed him to show me a log illustrating all the incursions. Long story short I...