Windows 10: How can i fix windows side by side error?

Discus and support How can i fix windows side by side error? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi i need a little bit of help. When trying to open league of legends it says that the application has failed to start because its side by side config... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kimch1_-, Jun 30, 2020.

1. How can i fix windows side by side error?

Hi i need a little bit of help. When trying to open league of legends it says that the application has failed to start because its side by side config is incorrect. Ive looked at videos on it but the methods have failed to work. Ive tried to download visual c++ to fix it but it says i cannot download it when another version of it is already installed. Do i delete the c++ and reinstall it or do I just wait or something. please help!!

submitted by /u/kimch1_-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kimch1_-, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Windows 10 "side-by-side"

Hello,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Method 1:

Step 1: Change the resolution

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on System
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Step 2: Enable Show windows side by side

Make sure that you have at least two windows open.

• Then right-click anywhere on the taskbar and select Show windows side by side.
    • The windows are resized according the number of windows to be displayed. You should note that windows that are minimized are not shown through this side by side interface.
    • When you are done you can close the side by side interface. You can do this by right-clicking on the taskbar and selecting
      Undo Show all windows side by side

Additional information : Applies to Windows 10 too.

The video cannot be played here.
    Click here to view this video.

Method 2: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest display driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the Bluetooth drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display/graphic devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    Restart the computer and check.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Jun 30, 2020
  3. blackylad Win User
    Side by side configuration incorrect

Hi
    I'm attempting to install some software (namely sage accounts ) on a fresh install of windows 10 pro.
    After installation (which appears to be successful) I receive the "error side by side configuration incorrect " when trying to run the app ..
    I have googled the hell out of this and only find threads suggesting deleting all c++ versions and re installing.
    Like this guide here :

Side by Side Configuration Is Incorrect Error in Windows 10 [FIXED] - Driver Easy
    I have tried several re installs of the software and following the above guide to no avail.. can anyone suggest a fix for this please ??
    TIA

blackylad, Jun 30, 2020
  4. mrisha Win User

How can i fix windows side by side error?

Side-by-side configuration is incorrect, how can it be fixed?

Hi

Side-by-side configuration is incorrect, how can it be fixed? Need answer please.

Thanks.

mrisha, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

How can i fix windows side by side error?

1. How can i fix windows side by side error? - Similar Threads - fix side side

2. Side by side error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Side by side error: I attempt to install Autodesk Revit 2024. but it finished in the middle of installing process. and an error with a "side-by-side" message appeared. I uninstalled C++ and reinstall an updated one, but the problem persists. what do I have to do?...
  3. Side by side error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Side by side error: I attempt to install Autodesk Revit 2024. but it finished in the middle of installing process. and an error with a "side-by-side" message appeared. I uninstalled C++ and reinstall an updated one, but the problem persists. what do I have to do?...
  4. Side by SIde error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side by SIde error: Hi, I am getting side by side error while running any program on windows 10. error is "Application has failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect. Event log is showing below detailsActivation context generation failed for "System Default Context"....
  5. Side by SIde error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Side by SIde error: Hi, I am getting side by side error while running any program on windows 10. error is "Application has failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect. Event log is showing below detailsActivation context generation failed for "System Default Context"....
  6. Side by SIde error

7. side by side error

side by side error: am an able to install any application on my windows 10 home pc as i am getting the following error the application has failed to start because its side-side configuration is incorrect, Please see application event log or use the command-line sxctrace.exe tool for more detail,...
  8. Side-by-side error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Side-by-side error: hey, out of nowhere im getting this side-by-side error in almost all applications. [ATTACH] I've tried pretty much every solution i could find regarding this error and nothing works. the only things i didn't try are installing the MS C++ redistributables the problem is i...
  9. Side By Side Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side By Side Error: I have a Win 10 desktop which was new at the beginning of the year. I recently applied a patch to a program Cyberlink PowerDVD as recommended by the vendor. The patch/program failed to install causing the desktop to blue screen. There were no Windows crash dumps, but the...
  10. Side by Side error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Side by Side error: Does anyone know how to fix side by side errors? Cant open excel and a few other apps... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-error/89890df9-d383-4883-bda7-942889fe4bc4