Windows 10: How can I format my 320gb external hard drive into NTFS while overcoming the 32gb...

Discus and support How can I format my 320gb external hard drive into NTFS while overcoming the 32gb... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 & wanted to use my 320gb external hard drive to store a system image. But it is formatted in FAT32, not NTFS. I can re-format... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ClunkyFaun5, Jul 11, 2019.

1. How can I format my 320gb external hard drive into NTFS while overcoming the 32gb...

I am running Windows 10 & wanted to use my 320gb external hard drive to store a system image. But it is formatted in FAT32, not NTFS. I can re-format it to NTFS, but I cannot overcome the 32GB capacity limitation in Windows. Can this be done? If so, How?

:)

ClunkyFaun5, Jul 11, 2019
  2. commonone Win User

Can't format USB 32GB drive in NTFS format

Having read several threads of how to Format a USB drive into NTFS format.

I have 32GB stick and tried several methods to do this without success.

Tried

• changing the properties of the 'policy' of the drive in device manager
    • changing to 'default allocation unit size' in formatting
    • changing from 'quick format'
    • running as Admin with CMD Prompt and with ('drive letter': /fs:ntfs) this says cannot format a raw drive ??
    Yet no problems in formatting as Fat32.

Any other tips

commonone, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Format external backup drive for NTFS

I purchased an external backup drive made by Verbatim. when I try to do a full system backup from Windows 10, I get the message that I can't backup to this drive because it is not formatted for NTFS. How do I format this drive for NTFS?

RobertNelson8, Jul 11, 2019
  4. How can I format my 320gb external hard drive into NTFS while overcoming the 32gb...

Unable to open Western Digital 320GB hard drive in File explorer to format on Windows 10.

Original Title :Mass storage device/ new 320GB hard drive.

I am wondering if any one knows initialize /or format a new Western Digital 320GB hard drive as an external mass storage device? I am currently using an ASUS x551mav running windows 10, I can see it in a few places on my machine, but I do not see it in my
    file explorer, so I am unable to do a format. I also have a couple of software apps that helped with another hard drive but I am unable to get any where with this one. And it is new, so what do I do to make it a USB external storage device? I also have a hard
    drive enclosure that I have been using.

YancyWillson, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

How can I format my 320gb external hard drive into NTFS while overcoming the 32gb...

1. How can I format my 320gb external hard drive into NTFS while overcoming the 32gb... - Similar Threads - format 320gb external

2. External hard drive won't appear after formating from exFAT to NTFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive won't appear after formating from exFAT to NTFS: I formated my external HDD to NTFS to be able to install games on it but now it won't appear in my folders, got any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-wont-appear-after-formating/37698120-4618-46a0-bec9-fa450a414280
  3. External hard drive won't appear after formating from exFAT to NTFS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard drive won't appear after formating from exFAT to NTFS: I formated my external HDD to NTFS to be able to install games on it but now it won't appear in my folders, got any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-wont-appear-after-formating/37698120-4618-46a0-bec9-fa450a414280
  4. External Hard Drive Format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive Format: Good day everyone. I'm having difficulties with formatting my external hard drive. For the past 2-3 days, I've been trying to format it. It started acting up after sending 2 files of about 5gb each, I transferred these files at night, then the following day, it doesn't show...
  5. Do I have to format my external hard drive if it is already in NTFS and contains my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I have to format my external hard drive if it is already in NTFS and contains my...: Before creating a backup : Question - My external hard drive is already in NTFS and contains some of my personal data. Do I have to format my external hard drive before creating a backup?...
  6. Format external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Format external hard drive: I’d like to format an external hard drive in windows 10. Please, give me instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-external-hard-drive/ceefbfcb-e153-43f1-aa11-66086963ac41"
  7. Format external hard drive

Format external hard drive: I’d like to format an external hard drive in windows 10. Please, give me instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-external-hard-drive/78657fa9-d525-422d-a53a-44d4f459d0b4"
  8. Formatting External hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formatting External hard drive: Hi, I'm trying to reformat an external hard drive I own, when I go to disk management and right click the drive their is no format option. Not like it is grayed out and cannot click on it, it just isn't there. Anyone have any suggestions?...
  9. Format external hard drive

Format external hard drive: I’d like to format an external hard drive in windows 10. Please, give me instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-external-hard-drive/676453e3-53ed-4bef-9bdc-b6aa6e9d8ccd"
  10. Format external backup drive for NTFS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Format external backup drive for NTFS: I purchased an external backup drive made by Verbatim. when I try to do a full system backup from Windows 10, I get the message that I can't backup to this drive because it is not formatted for NTFS. How do I format this drive for NTFS?...