Windows 10: How can I format my NVME drive?

Discus and support How can I format my NVME drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After an update from Dell, I can no longer boot into my BIOS (F2 and F12 do nothing). Before disaster struck I had managed do go through Windows to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arkas, May 21, 2019.

1. Arkas Win User

How can I format my NVME drive?

After an update from Dell, I can no longer boot into my BIOS (F2 and F12 do nothing).
    Before disaster struck I had managed do go through Windows to the BIOS and switched from UEFI to Legacy (for some Linux experimentation).
    And that's when it happened (I had also just installed Dell's Newest BIOS...)
    I tried to re-install Win 10 through the media creation tool, but was unable do to the partition being GPT whatever that means. How can I format the NvMe drive to a suitable partition to reinstall Windows?
    I formatted (and thus lost all data) from the install part of the creation tool, but I still get the same error

:)

Arkas, May 21, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, May 21, 2019
  4. How can I format my NVME drive?

Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 21, 2019
Thema:

How can I format my NVME drive?

1. How can I format my NVME drive? - Similar Threads - format NVME drive

2. I can't format a USB drive how can i fix it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't format a USB drive how can i fix it?: I have a USB drive of 128 GB but i can't format it anymore it keeps crashing apps and when i try to detect it and change it with any application such as disk management, cmd or explorer it crashes the application or doesn't react....
  3. I can't format a USB drive how can i fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't format a USB drive how can i fix it?: I have a USB drive of 128 GB but i can't format it anymore it keeps crashing apps and when i try to detect it and change it with any application such as disk management, cmd or explorer it crashes the application or doesn't react....
  4. I can't format a USB drive how can i fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I format a Hard Drive previously used as a boot drive?

How can I format a Hard Drive previously used as a boot drive?: Recently, I used System Image to restore my PC to a new and much faster M.2 SSD. It gave me quite the trouble, but that's beside the point. I want to use the old HDD as mass storage now, but both Diskpart and Disk Management will not allow me to edit the old drive. It is...
  6. How can I format a Hard Drive previously used as a boot drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I format a Hard Drive previously used as a boot drive?: Recently, I used System Image to restore my PC to a new and much faster M.2 SSD. It gave me quite the trouble, but that's beside the point. I want to use the old HDD as mass storage now, but both Diskpart and Disk Management will not allow me to edit the old drive. It is...
  7. How can I format a Hard Drive previously used as a boot drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How should I format my drive?

How should I format my drive?: I was having some *problems that made me unable to boot into windows. So I called some people and troubleshooted and I’m confident my only option is to format my drive and reinstall windows. So I bought an adapter so I can plug in my ssd to a laptop through a usb port because...
  9. How do I format my hard drive?

How do I format my hard drive?: So I bought my desktop computer with an internal 1 tb hard drive and I recently got a ssd to make it faster but it has less storage so I wanted to use my hard drive as storage but when I boot from my ssd the hard drive doesnt show up so I was wondering how I would format...
  10. how do i format my hard drive?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do i format my hard drive?: HOW DO I FORMAT MY HARD DRIVE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-format-my-hard-drive/34520f10-5ae7-4dbf-aaf8-e80f1afdbff6"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to format nvme

2. format nvme drive

3. cant format nvme drive

4. format nvme drive for windows 10,
  5. how to format nvme m.2,
  6. formatting nvme drive,
  7. format nvme windows 10,
  8. how to format an nvme ssd,
  9. how to format a nvme ssd,
  10. cant format nvme,
  11. cant format nvme drive in disk management,