Windows 10: How can I free up some space on my hard drive so I can install these Windows Updates?

Discus and support How can I free up some space on my hard drive so I can install these Windows Updates? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How in the world can I free up some space on my hard drive so I can install these windows updates? * Original title: Windows Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TrishaRenae45, Mar 14, 2020.

1. How can I free up some space on my hard drive so I can install these Windows Updates?

How in the world can I free up some space on my hard drive so I can install these windows updates?

* Original title: Windows Update

:)

TrishaRenae45, Mar 14, 2020
  2. little cat, Mar 14, 2020
  3. space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 14, 2020
  4. How can I free up some space on my hard drive so I can install these Windows Updates?

Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CHow can I free up some space on my hard drive so I can install these Windows Updates? :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

How can I free up some space on my hard drive so I can install these Windows Updates?

1. How can I free up some space on my hard drive so I can install these Windows Updates? - Similar Threads - free space hard

2. How can I free up more space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I free up more space?: My windows 10 is telling me i’m using 222GB of storage. I have lots of large games but they are all definitely downloaded to my external storage device, not my actual pc. that device has 2,000GB left. My pc is not letting me open google chrome or do anything because it has...
  3. How can I free up more space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I free up more space?: My windows 10 is telling me i’m using 222GB of storage. I have lots of large games but they are all definitely downloaded to my external storage device, not my actual pc. that device has 2,000GB left. My pc is not letting me open google chrome or do anything because it has...
  4. How can I free up more space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I recover "free-up space" files that I removed from my hard-drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I recover "free-up space" files that I removed from my hard-drive?: Hi.I used the "free-up space" option to remove files from my pc hard drive, thinking that they would remain on my onedrive. after being given the option to remove the files without placing them in my recycle bin, i assumed that i would still have access to them on my...
  6. Can I recover "free-up space" files that I removed from my hard-drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I recover "free-up space" files that I removed from my hard-drive?: Hi.I used the "free-up space" option to remove files from my pc hard drive, thinking that they would remain on my onedrive. after being given the option to remove the files without placing them in my recycle bin, i assumed that i would still have access to them on my...
  7. Can I recover "free-up space" files that I removed from my hard-drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How can I free up storage space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I free up storage space?: Hi, I am trying to free up some storage space, and when I view the properties of my users folder it says (after counting all the files for some seconds) that the size on disk is 202GB. When I go into the folder, adding up the size of each folder within the users folder gives...
  9. How can I extend my hard drive space?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I extend my hard drive space?: I'm going under Computer Management>Disk Management and have deleted a partition which gave me the unallocated 48gb, and I'm trying to add that unallocated space to the main drive (C), and it's not letting me, When I right the C drive there is only a shrink volume option, the...
  10. How can I free up drive space

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I free up drive space: How can I free up drive space from the Windows installer folder without killing Windows? 80832