Windows 10: How can I fresh install Windows 10 but still use the key from my laptops manufacturer

Discus and support How can I fresh install Windows 10 but still use the key from my laptops manufacturer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Do I just install a matching version or I need a new key? submitted by /u/killajay41889 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/killajay41889, May 16, 2020.

1. How can I fresh install Windows 10 but still use the key from my laptops manufacturer

/u/killajay41889, May 16, 2020

2. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, May 16, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 16, 2020
  4. How can I fresh install Windows 10 but still use the key from my laptops manufacturer

Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, May 16, 2020
Thema:

How can I fresh install Windows 10 but still use the key from my laptops manufacturer

1. How can I fresh install Windows 10 but still use the key from my laptops manufacturer - Similar Threads - fresh install still

2. Can I use my old Product Key for a newer version of Windows on a fresh installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use my old Product Key for a newer version of Windows on a fresh installation?: Recently my old PC died and I just build another one. On my old PC I used a retail Product Key of Windows 8.1 and I know that I can use it again on my new PC as long that I delete my old device on my account. But do I need to reinstall Windows 8.1, activate it and then...
  3. Can I use my old Product Key for a newer version of Windows on a fresh installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use my old Product Key for a newer version of Windows on a fresh installation?: Recently my old PC died and I just build another one. On my old PC I used a retail Product Key of Windows 8.1 and I know that I can use it again on my new PC as long that I delete my old device on my account. But do I need to reinstall Windows 8.1, activate it and then...
  4. Can I activate a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro from my Windows 8.1 N key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I activate a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro from my Windows 8.1 N key?: Subject asks all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-activate-a-fresh-install-of-windows-10-pro/c6576beb-b1fa-4f94-bfc4-87eaef639824
  5. Can i still use the win7 upgrade from my laptop to Win10 key on a new laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can i still use the win7 upgrade from my laptop to Win10 key on a new laptop.: Hi I had a laptop where I upgraded to the new version of Win10 from win 7 the laptop died, now I have access to a new laptop but don't have any of the keys from the upgrade, etc. Any suggestions I can use where I have a win7 key a new laptop that I can install win 10...
  6. How can I find my laptop manufacture date?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I find my laptop manufacture date?: Hi there, I've a Dell laptop, OS Windows 10 Pro, and the need is to find when my laptop was manufactured. I've never thought about finding my device's manufacture date; I've looked in the system setting but couldn't sort it out. How can I know it? Thanks, Tyeberg....
  7. If I reset my laptop that came with pre-installed manufacturer apps will they still be...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If I reset my laptop that came with pre-installed manufacturer apps will they still be...: So basically, I had my laptop for a while. It was running Windows 10 1809, but I had installed something and I was like "Let me just reset my laptop so it will be just like the way I got it". I went to the settings to reset and right when I was going to do the reset I was...
  8. Can I use the same Windows 10 Key for a fresh install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use the same Windows 10 Key for a fresh install?: So currently I'm having an issue with the CoD Modern Warfare game crashing and giving me a "DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error" message. I've tried a a lot of "fixes" in my research and at this point I'm thinking about just doing a fresh install of Windows 10. I even...
  9. Can i activate Windows 10 using OEM Key without fresh install?

Can i activate Windows 10 using OEM Key without fresh install?: So I just installed windows 10 pro without product key. now I want to activate it using OEM key (cause it cost less). can I activate windows without a fresh install? Also is it safe to activate windows using OEM key (like from eBay)?...
  10. Can i use the product key of pre installed windows 10 in fresh install in SSD on same laptop?

Can i use the product key of pre installed windows 10 in fresh install in SSD on same laptop?: I want to install SSD in my Dell Inspiron 7559. I have a pre installed copy of Windows 10 running in hardisk at the moment. My question is if I install fresh copy of windows 10 from Microsoft online store, then can i use the product key of the current windows installed in...