Windows 10: How can I gain administrator rights in Windows 10?

Discus and support How can I gain administrator rights in Windows 10? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need Administrator rights to run some maintenance commands but can't seem to gain the right access. I'm the only user.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MAG21212, Jul 21, 2018.

1. MAG21212 Win User

How can I gain administrator rights in Windows 10?

I need Administrator rights to run some maintenance commands but can't seem to gain the right access. I'm the only user.

:)

MAG21212, Jul 21, 2018

2. I can't gain access through the administrator.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

• Is there any other user account? If yes, is that an admin account?

If not, I suggest you to enable the Built-in Administrator Account
    and then try to create a new user account with administrator privileges.

Follow the steps to enable the Built-in Administrator Account.

Steps to Enable the Built-in Administrator Account.

• a) Press Windows + X, Select Run.
    • b) Type net user administrator /active:yes
    • c) Close the elevated command prompt.
    • d) The built-in Administrator will now be available to select to sign into.
    • e) Restart the system.

Then enter into the administrator account. And try to create new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Once you create the new administrator user account try to disable
    Built-in Administrator Account.

Steps to disable the Built-in Administrator Account.

• a) Press Windows + X, Select Run.
    • b) Type net user administrator /active:no
    • c) Close the elevated command prompt.
    • d) The built-in Administrator will now be available to select to sign into.
    • e) Restart the system.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 21, 2018
  4. How can I gain administrator rights in Windows 10?

No Administrator Rights On The PC (Windows 10)

Hi Fozia,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode with command prompt:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with command prompt by pressing the corresponding number.
    Step 2:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the other user account privileges to Administrator.

5. You may create new user account also and assign the administrative privileges to the account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

How can I gain administrator rights in Windows 10?

1. How can I gain administrator rights in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - gain administrator rights

2. Can i upgrade windows 10 to Windows 11 without Administrator rights?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i upgrade windows 10 to Windows 11 without Administrator rights?: Hi,I have a Windows 10 device and want to know if I can upgrade to windows 11 without admin access.Thanks,Muja https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-windows-10-to-windows-11-without/c088dd9b-9013-4961-9f47-cace00a8d840
  3. i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc: if i want to delete or save a file in a folder i am told that i need to contact the administrator for this how do i get admin rights on my own pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-gain-admin-rights-or-run-as/42f606d7-764a-4118-9a39-c773b68ae014
  4. i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc: if i want to delete or save a file in a folder i am told that i need to contact the administrator for this how do i get admin rights on my own pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-gain-admin-rights-or-run-as/42f606d7-764a-4118-9a39-c773b68ae014
  5. i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Not able to gain administrator rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to gain administrator rights: I typed netplwiz from cmd and disable the option of never ask username and password and as a result i have lost my rights as an administrator. i have tried all possible solution but not able to gain admin rights back.Also it shows popup box saying access is denied. Please...
  7. Unable to gain Administration rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to gain Administration rights: Seem since 1909 upgrade I am no longer able to change file defaults ,open Device Manager, Computer Management or add Administration rights to any search. Is there a fix?...
  8. window 10 administrator rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    window 10 administrator rights: I upgraded to windows 10 some time ago from windows 7 and now I have no administrator rights and cannot do anything on my computer not even change the time because every time i try to do something i get a pop up box saying that i must put in a username and password yet i...
  9. how can i set up administrator rights or previliges

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how can i set up administrator rights or previliges: I'm moving Quicken 2015 from one 3 yr old desktop to a all in screen ewer on. Quicken does not accept my 2 of my 3 files. I need to obtain my administrator rights...
  10. Windows 10 (Administrator Rights)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 (Administrator Rights): Hi, In the Control Panel (Users) i have administrator rights, but when i try to do some changes or save a file (for example on c:/windows/............../etc), it appears on screen "acess denied". Is there a way to solve it, like super administrator as it was on windows 8?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. administrator permission windows 10

2. windows 10 administrator permission

3. local administrator windows 10

4. administrator privileges windows 10,
  5. administrator account windows 10,
  6. administrator rights windows 10,
  7. admin rights windows 10,
  8. how to get administrator permission,
  9. how to get full admin rights windows 10,
  10. administrator access windows 10,
  11. how to get administrator permission window 10,